Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very good movie. Better paced, better directed and overall better than the first.
    Mister.Weirdo
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 12-20-2013, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• 3 out of 5, much better than Underworld 2

EDIT:
      watched #4, I give it a 3 out of 5
      I like it better than 3 only because of Kate Beckinsale actually starring in this one
      Booster Beetle
      Will break before he bends
      Last edited by Booster Beetle; 12-20-2013, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Quite an emotional movie. I enjoyed it.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• Gamera the Brave (2006)

"For Toto."

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            Gamera the Brave (2006)

"For Toto."
            What's your opinion on this? I've heard it's not that good, especially after the reboot in the 90's.

Comment

• Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
              What's your opinion on this? I've heard it's not that good, especially after the reboot in the 90's.
              It's much, much more of a kid's movie. If you can deal with that, you'd probably like it. The biggest "controversy" is that Gamera was made even cuter than in the Showa era (you see the pic, that's him). That certainly takes away from his 90s bada**ery, but it doesn't bother me as much as others. To me, that's very Japanese; the idea of something being very cute and yet very deadly (e.g., Astro Boy, Mega Man, etc.). The story is pretty good and the effects work. Whereas in the first Gamera: The Giant Monster and the clip-show Gamera: Super Monster, the protagonist boys associated Gamera with a pet turtle, in this one he really grows from the kid's pet turtle. It would certainly be a good one to share with a young audience if that's an option.

Comment

• Mosquita y Mari-This flick explores a friendship between two latina girls from different backgrounds. This was slow-developing and made me feel a bit uncomfortable with two high school kids sort of exploring their feelings and sexuality... and the ending was terrible and resolved nothing.

Comment

• A good movie. Funny and charmingly weird.
                  Mister.Weirdo
                  Guardian of the Universe
                  Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 12-21-2013, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• GoldenEye (1995)

"Boys with toys."

I remember seeing this in theater (I was already a 007 fan) and being impressed with the new Bond. When he straightened his tie after a tank chase, I was 100% sold. It still holds up. Sadly for Brosnan, this was his best, but no matter.

Comment

• I'll never forget the absolute coolness of the tank chase.
                      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Star Trek: Nemesis (2002)

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          GoldenEye (1995)

"Boys with toys."

I remember seeing this in theater (I was already a 007 fan) and being impressed with the new Bond. When he straightened his tie after a tank chase, I was 100% sold. It still holds up. Sadly for Brosnan, this was his best, but no matter.
                          Originaly, Goldeneye was intended for Timothy Dalton as Bond and I would have preferred him in the role to be honest.

Comment

• The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

"Kidnap the Sandy Claws
                            Tie him in a bag
                            Throw him in the ocean
                            Then see if he is sad."

Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
                            Originaly, Goldeneye was intended for Timothy Dalton as Bond and I would have preferred him in the role to be honest.
                            Eh, I like Dalton too. He probably played Bond (though not necessarily looked like) closest to Fleming's books.

Comment

• Elektra Luxx - A sequel to a movie that I've never seen. I'm becoming a fan of this director as I'm going backwards through his movies. Carla Gugino is the star here and she's the only interesting character but it was still a fun little indie comedy. You'll recognize a lot of the faces here too so that helps. No nudity.

Comment

• The Twins Effect

Totally batshit over-the-top vampire-comedy-action-martial arts-romance flick that is incredibly entertaining. The first 10 minutes shows off some great martial arts choreography and although the rest of the movie is clearly intended for a teenager audience I still like it as a guilty pleasure.
                                Also great cameo by Jackie Chan ;-)

Too bad they messed up the sequel/prequel.

Comment

Working...
                                X