Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It didn't have an original plot, but I laughed a lot and enjoyed myself.

Loved the Twilight rift.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Saw it again on Blu-Ray. Still funny and great.

Comment

• [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• The Video Dead (1987)

"There must be some mistake; I haven't ordered anything but pizza for the last six months."

A TV set is accidentally dropped off at a man's house, only has one channel, only plays one film (Zombie Blood Apocalypse), and turns itself on even when it isn't plugged in. Three months after the man is killed by those same zombies, a new family moves in...

And if you think a three-month turnaround is fast, I'll remind you that this was the 80s, before the housing market lost its shit.

The film is extreme camp: terrible acting, even worse scripting, insane plot, one-shot characters (The Woman and The Garbageman), and so on. The zombie makeup and gore/blood effects are actually pretty good, as are some of the special effects (like the zombie head rising out of the TV).

Ultimately, I have to recommend this for 80s fans. It's now on a Blu-ray/DVD combo with TerrorVision (1986), and both have a good bit of extras, so there's no reason not to own this.
              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• On the Road - Kristen Stewart showed her breasts. There's the highlight.

Comment

• Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires (1974)

[I'll post details in Son of Classic Horror]

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                  On the Road - Kristen Stewart showed her breasts. There's the highlight.
                  That's out now? I really want to see that; one of my favorite books ever.
                  If nothing else, that should be worth my free ticket.
                  Space Cop
                  The Dandy
                  Last edited by Space Cop; 02-25-2013, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• The Five Year Engagement

+ YouTube Video
                    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Just as the movie title suggest, this movie is a five year engagement and sometimes it felt that way. This movie was light on the romance and comedy as it really dragged after the first 20 minutes to the final 20 minutes.

The movie was also predictable.

However, the shots of San Francisco were done really well as it demonstrates why the city is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

2/5
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Surprisingly hilarious. Bought it on recommendation from my friend of very similar tastes.

Comment

• Comment

• And

Comment

• Black Rain (1989)

"Sometimes you should forget your head and grab your balls."

Didn't realize this was a Ridley Scott flick or I might've watched it a long time ago. Anyway, it was pretty good but not the best Yakuzu movie or even fish-out-of-water Japanese flick.

Comment

• Comment

• Stupid movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X