• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This...wasn't that good.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
        When was Jade evil and Rain good?
        The only girl palette swap I've heard of turning to the dark side is Tanya
        I wasn't agreeing with the Rain bit. In Annihilation, Rain is a general for Kahn that he kills. He doesn't change allegiances.

But in the Ultimate version of MK 3 (the newest game when Annihilation came out), Jade was an assassin working for Kahn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          But in the Ultimate version of MK 3 (the newest game when Annihilation came out), Jade was an assassin working for Kahn.
          Yeah but she turned against him like Kitana had.

Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
            Yeah but she turned against him like Kitana had.
            Yeah, but not before '97 (this movie), right?

Anyway, good for her. All the sexy ninja ladies should work for Raiden. They can be like Raiden's Angels.

Comment

I wasn't agreeing with the Rain bit. In Annihilation, Rain is a general for Kahn that he kills. He doesn't change allegiances.

all that is no longer official since the reboot in 2011. always reboot mk never had a legit canon
              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Monster Squad (1987)

"MY NAME. IS. HORACE."

Always a fun romp to watch this movie, as I've been itching to see it for a couple days now. Times have certainly changed, though. Gone are the days when kids called other kids "faggots" and "gay" and parents smoked openly in the home or on the job. This would make a great movie to do a "30 years later..." sequel or total reboot, considering the how far the movie industry has come with CGI and animatronics. The aspect that shined this time for me, though, was the Gillman update- for what is basically a kid's movie, that suit was damn close to the level of awesomeness as another 1987 movie called Predator. I always wondered why Drac needed a hearse, though...

And yes, the wolfman still has nards.

Comment

• Mortal Kombat: Legacy (2011)

"F**k protocol!"

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                  all that is no longer official since the reboot in 2011. always reboot mk never had a legit canon
                  I know. I've pretty much lost track since MK 3 or 4. I still like the story, but I can't keep it straight any more.

Originally posted by DOOM View Post
                  Monster Squad (1987) ... for what is basically a kid's movie, that suit was damn close to the level of awesomeness as another 1987 movie called Predator. . .
                  Good point. The practical effects in general but the Gillman in particular was excellent for that type of flick.

Comment

• Birdman was amazing. It' gonna sweep the Oscars for sure.

Though I'm confident Cumberbatch is going to get Best Actor for The Imitation Game.

Comment

• The Interview

This movie had a few chuckles and that was it.

2/5
                      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Sin City: A dame to kill for - I expected more from this. Basically, this was broken down into three chapters. Two of the three were decent, but the one with Jessica Alba was terrible. Once it got to her chapter (which was the end), I couldn't wait for the movie to be over, even as gorgeous as she is.

Comment

• Cottage Country (2013)

"Be a good boyfriend and go and get the axe."

A very black comedy. Not great, but sometimes clever (it even makes an allusion to MacBeth) and a neat way to look at how manslaughter can escalate.
                          Space Cop
                          The Dandy
                          Last edited by Space Cop; 02-03-2015, 03:23 AM.

Comment

• Selena - One of my favorite movies. Jennifer Lopez never looked better; the natural colored hair and the natural curves... and she did a great job as Selena from the dance moves down to the mannerisms.

Comment

• Anastasia

I wish Fox Animation could have given us more cinema gold like this, but their terrible handling of Titan A.E. crushed that dream
                              Booster Beetle
                              Will break before he bends
                              Last edited by Booster Beetle; 02-03-2015, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Cottage Country (2013)
                                "Be a good boyfriend and go and get the axe."

Oh, Tyler Labine... you deserve so much more.

Comment

Working...
                                X