This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grosse Pointe Blank (1997)

"Newberry: What have you been doing with your life?
    Marty: Uh, professional killer.
    Newberry: Oh! Good for you, it's a growth industry."

Thief (1981)

"Adoption Agent: But the point is, we establish criteria for parenting, and an ex-convict compared to other desirables...
    Frank: Great, so we'll take a kid that's not so desirable. You got a black kid? We'll take a black kid. You got a chink kid?
    Adoption Agent:You don't seem to understand...
    Frank: Nobody likes older kids. You got an eight-year old black chink kid, we'll take him."

Michael Mann's first feature and a good one at that.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
    Wasn't me, because it's only saved in my Netflix queue. Have never seen it, but now I want to all the more.
    I think you'll dig it. It's a good revenge-style SB movie. Lot of set changes and large-cast fights, which gives it more production value than much of their 70s stuff (not that I don't like that stuff, obviously). Funny enough Gordon Liu has hair at the beginning (they quickly make an excuse to shave him) and I didn't recognize him at first!

Since it wasn't you, it was probably Tazer.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 03-01-2015, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)

"Do not grieve."

Higanjima [aka Escape from Vampire Island] (2009)

"You know, we'll never be the same."

Okay movie adaptation of a horror manga about a group of friends that go to save one guy's brother from an island of vampires.
      Space Cop
      The Dandy
      Last edited by Space Cop; 03-01-2015, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• So I was supposed to go see Jupiter Ascending with my dad tonight, but the film is a flop so it's barely playing, so after dinner we just watched TV at his place, so we saw a few things from the last legs of the following:

Dinner for Schmucks
        Caught the ending to this, right before the dinner party starts. Still a laugh riot.

(Dad changed the channel once Step Brothers started)

6 Souls
        It's about a bunch of murders that somehow involve a psychiatric patient who allegedly can channel the dead, which challenges the faith/not-faith of the female protagonist. Turns out the patient is actually the murderer and has been alive for over a century but looks like he's in his 20s because a hillbilly witch cursed him by branding him with a weird cross design and sucked his soul out and stuffed his mouth with dirt to prevent his soul from ever returning so he is now immortal and murders people and sucks their souls out. It possibly stars Larry David. It sucks. It doesn't even follow its own rules, on top of just being a dumb religious horror flick.

Predator started coming on, but then I left because it was getting late.
        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Shock Waves (1977)

"The sea spits up what it doesn't keep down."

Details in Son of Classic Horror thread.
          Space Cop
          The Dandy
          Last edited by Space Cop; 03-01-2015, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention: when flipping through the channels, we on-off watched the first part of The China Syndrome. Makes me want to watch the whole thing.
            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• I spent last night watching a couple of films as tribute to Leonard Nimoy. I originally planned to watch Star Trek II & III, but I changed my mind. This is what I chose:

Transformers: The Movie (1986)

Unicron: "Behold: Galvatron."

voiced by Leonard Nimoy

and

Star Trek (2009)

Spock: "And yet, you can be in two places at once. I urge you to remain in Starfleet. I have already located a suitable planet in which to establish a Vulcan colony. Spock, in this case, do yourself a favor: Put aside logic. Do what feels right. [turns to leave] Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self-serving, I shall simply say... [shows Vulcan hand salute] Good luck."

Comment

• Reading that made me sad

Comment

• Parker (2013)

"It's not about money."

Comment

• This was good.

Comment

• 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)

"Bend over, boys."

Man, I love Suki. They should bring her back.
                      Also love the Yenko Camaro.

Space Cop
                      The Dandy
                      Last edited by Space Cop; 03-02-2015, 04:21 AM.

Comment

• Crystal Lake Memories (2013)

"I do think these movies are essential. I think they allow us to live out some weird, dark part of our personalities. I think they're healthy."

I loved this nearly-7-hour documentary on the Friday the 13th franchise. I learned a lot, but even when it was old info, it was well done. Even the credit sequence (like NSA, featuring the actors in interview repeating iconic lines) was fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)

"Bend over, boys."

Man, I love Suki. They should bring her back.
                          Also love the Yenko Camaro.

AGREED!!!!!!! On all 3 points, tho I liked Suki's car the most. Its still my favorite of the series.

Comment

• Focus - Good movie. Could've been better. Funny ending.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                              AGREED!!!!!!! On all 3 points, tho I liked Suki's car the most. Its still my favorite of the series.
                              Suki's car has the best decals and paint (which is fitting since she's supposed to be an artist-designer). It definitely fits her and is probably the most personalized.

I just love the American muscle cars (there's at least one in every F&F flick). I had my stereo system kicked up (a bit) for the one race so I could hear the roar of the Challenger's Hemi.

Comment

• The Great Muppet Caper (1981)

"Look, Dad. There's a bear.
                                -No, Christine, that's a frog. Bears wear hats."

Comment

Working...
                                X