"Who are you?
    -The Second Coming."

================================================== =========

The Croods (2013)

"Never not be afraid!"

Comment

• Evil Dead II. Dead by Dawn (1987)

"Swallow this."

Damn, it's been a long time since I hung out with Ash and company. Bruce Campbell could have literally been the only actor in this film and it still would have worked. The slapstick was a wee bit over the top for me, but not so much that it took away from the film's cult hit status. Reading up on this, Sam Raimi played the dead mother in the basement, and had a hell of a time with the costume, as they had to literally drain his perspiration through the suit. That's dedication. Or should I say dead-ication. Lol I crack myself up.

Comment

• It Follows (2014)

"It should be easier for her, she is a girl. Any guy would be with you. Just sleep with someone else . . ."

[Some spoilers]
        So, yeah, this was really good. It was shot well and the music really added to the atmosphere. It's funny compared to the stereotype of teenage sex getting kids killed in the slashers because now it's a solution!

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
        Evil Dead II. Dead by Dawn (1987) . . . Reading up on this, Sam Raimi played the dead mother in the basement, and had a hell of a time with the costume, as they had to literally drain his perspiration through the suit. That's dedication. Or should I say dead-ication. Lol I crack myself up.
        I could be misremembering, but I thought it was his brother, Ted Raimi who is in pretty much all his movies and who played the hand in #1) who was in the suit for the majority of #2.

Mind you, they look a lot alike.

Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 07-23-2015, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• /\. I stand corrected. You are right. I just re-read the Wiki article again, and it was his brother.

Man, I've been fucking up all over the place lately with memory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
            /\. I stand corrected. You are right. I just re-read the Wiki article again, and it was his brother.

Man, I've been fucking up all over the place lately with memory.
            An honest mistake especially if you aren't aware there are two Raimi brothers. I didn't mean to be pedantic. Over the years, I've watched or read a lot about those three movies (and met 4 of the cast and the spfx maker).

Anyway, your main points stands--about losing weight just from sweat, which they poured out of the suit. That's a pretty mean way to treat a brother.
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 07-23-2015, 04:20 AM.

Comment

• Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959)

"How about you and me balling it up in Albuquerque."

Watched the Rifftrax version of this movie for its 56th anniversary last night.

Comment

• That's a real movie?

I could be wrong, but that could be the only legit movie that's a plot point in a Seinfeld episode

Comment

• Houseboat (1958)

"She doesn't cook. She doesn't do laundry. What does she do?
                  -Everything."

Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                  That's a real movie?

I could be wrong, but that could be the only legit movie that's a plot point in a Seinfeld episode
                  You didn't know it was real? It's won awards as worst movie of all time several times (though it really isn't). It's quite (in)famous. I love it. I can't even remember how many times I've seen it (regular, riffed, with commentary), but it's probably about 30 or so. I all but have it memorized.

I remember that episode of Seinfeld.

Comment

• I just assumed it was fake like every other movie that's a plot point.

I'm curious, what do you think is the worst movie of all time?

Comment

• I think "Worst Movie of All Time" needs some clarification, personally.

I imagine there are TONS of movies that are abysmal but that nobody has ever heard of. Are we looking for the worst movie that is widely known?

Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                        I just assumed it was fake like every other movie that's a plot point.

I'm curious, what do you think is the worst movie of all time?
                        Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                        I think "Worst Movie of All Time" needs some clarification, personally.

I imagine there are TONS of movies that are abysmal but that nobody has ever heard of. Are we looking for the worst movie that is widely known?
                        Like Ed, suggests, it's a pretty relative term. Ed Wood's movies or even movies like Trolls 2 or Manos are bad in a production sense, but they're (for a lot of us, anyway), entertainingly watchable. There are a handful of movies I couldn't even stand to finish (very few, but some). Most, I haven't bothered to remember the name of. I know I quit on In the Name of the King and thought that was awful, but it was at a time when I was busy and I've watched other movies by Uwe Boll (a modern contender for worst director) that are probably as bad.

Personally, I'm more willing to give a pass to ultra low budget movies like Plan 9 than I am to movies that had a big budget and a real cast, but failed anyway, like Pearl Harbor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          An honest mistake especially if you aren't aware there are two Raimi brothers. I didn't mean to be pedantic. Over the years, I've watched or read a lot about those three movies (and met 4 of the cast and the spfx maker).

Anyway, your main points stands--about losing weight just from sweat, which they poured out of the suit. That's a pretty mean way to treat a brother.
                          I didn't think you were pedantic (nice word use) when you corrected me. I was upset at myself for giving the wrong information because I had read it the night before and I *was* aware of Ted Raimi, but I must have read it too fast or misunderstood since I came away from the article thinking it was Sam. I get upset with myself when I make stupid errors like that.

Re: the worst movie of all time- weren't we just discussing this a while back, maybe two or three months ago? I know I slagged one movie in particular but can't remember now.

Fuck my life.

Comment

• Off the top of my head I'd say Kick-Ass 2 but I'm sure I've seen worse

Comment

• Just found it. Excorcist II was, in my humble opinion, the absolute worst movie I have ever seen. So that's my contender for the title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                Showgirls (1995)

"Can you MGM backwards? I bet you can't."

Another (in)famous movie I somehow missed all these years (and one of only a few Verhoeven movies I haven't seen). Anyway, this was fun. The dialogue is "classic."
                                you need to watch this when its on cable tv, like vh1 or some shit. It's classic how they digitally edit bras onto all the girls since they are topless in so much of the movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X