X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alien 1979

scream 1996
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher (2014)

"You deserve to die."

Comment

• Justice League: Gods and Monsters

The origin of this else world Superman is too rapey for my taste. I really didn't like this iteration of the Justice League and I was pretty much uninterested in the rest of the characters and story.
        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Project Almanac - I really enjoyed this despite the glaring plot holes and scientific inconsistencies. Why? Because at that age, I would have probably done the same thing and wrecked the time stream in an attempt to forge relationships and fix things.

Funny thing is, this movie reminded me of Family Guy, where Brian and Stewie kept wrecking the timeline and had to continuously return to the 'previous past' to stop themselves from doing further damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
            [COLOR="Lime"]Funny thing is, this movie reminded me of Family Guy, where Brian and Stewie kept wrecking the timeline and had to continuously return to the 'previous past' to stop themselves from doing further damage.

Damn, you might've just sold me on the movie with that premise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fearless View Post
              Damn, you might've just sold me on the movie with that premise.
              I like the movie and I don't remember there being huge plot holes.
              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Lawless (2012)

"You're an outlaw Jack.
                -No, it's just a matter of perspective. I'm just doing what any man around here would do if he had the same strength of character."

Comment

• Lee Daniels' The Butler

I thought this was a very interesting movie that reminded me alot of The Joy Luck Club, where you have two generations conflicting because of the times and environment they've gone up in.

The Butler begins with the main character, Cecil Gaines, as a child working in a Southern plantation cottage field with his father. Although slavery has been abolished during the movie, conditions and way life of former slaves have not changed. Cecil leaves the cottage field for a better way of life, but finds his opportunity to is limited to being a butler. To Cecil, being a Butler did make for a better life for himself and his family, something that will be lost upon his son. This is where the movie juxtapose the attitudes and values of the two generation. The father remembers a life far worse, appreciates everything he has and is scared of losing it all with stepping out of line, whereas the son visions a better life in racial equality and risks it all for that vision to become a reality.

The is merit and honor in both father and son in that they effect change in their own way.

The movie was interesting but it's not something I'd watch again. I didn't find the movie was all that compelling either; probably perhaps I know much of the history that unfolded in the film.

3.5/5

Comment

• prometheus 2012. i know this film gets a shit load of hate but i enjoyed the hell out of it. im curious to see how prometheus 2 will work

Comment

• ^Speaking of, although I rank this low on the ST movie list, I still enjoy watching it and in particular like a scene generally ragged on even by Trekkies, the slow view of the redesign ship.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)

"Why is any object we don't understand always called 'a thing'?"
                      Space Cop
                      The Dandy
                      Last edited by Space Cop; 09-10-2015, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        ^Speaking of, although I rank this low on the ST movie list, I still enjoy watching it and in particular like a scene generally ragged on (the slow view of the redesign ship).

"
                        the thing with prometheus is i loved how they explained the space jockey's and what they were. i know people expected it to be a direct link to alien and i guess in a sense it was. i just hope in the sequel we focus more on the engineers as there called in the film . wile i enjoyed the film i really would have liked more information on them as well as whatever else they have created to use as weapons. id love to see some kind of god vs devil/ heaven and hell type scenario between the engineers and a opposite version of them hence the reason why to make such weapons.

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                          the thing with prometheus is i loved how they explained the space jockey's ad what they were. i know people expected it to be a direct link to alien and i guess in a sense it was. i just hope in the sequel we focus more on the engineers as there called in the film . wile i enjoyed the film i really would have liked more information on them as well as whatever else they have created to use as weapons ( predators also perhaps?)
                          I enjoyed it. I need to see it again (I haven't seen it since it was in theaters). I need to work out the history in my head a little better (maybe watch it after re-watching Alien 1-2). I kind of miss the AvP origin for the xenomorphs, but I could see why that would've just inhibited the filmmakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                            I enjoyed it. I need to see it again (I haven't seen it since it was in theaters). I need to work out the history in my head a little better (maybe watch it after re-watching Alien 1-2). I kind of miss the AvP origin for the xenomorphs, but I could see why that would've just inhibited the filmmakers.
                            this was my second viewing . i know ridley said it isnt a prequel but you can tell it is. i mean if you can take it out of the alien mythology and enjoy it as a film its arguably a fantastic film from a scifi point of view. i think alien is like 2oo or even 300 years after this and aliens is only like 57 years.

Comment

• Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

This fucking movie, dude. It only came out over here in the UK last Friday, and I had wanted to see it for ages (loving the book), and yesterday was my first chance to see it. I walked into the movie knowing that it would make me cry, but fuck!! I may have only seen once (so far), but this movie is EASILY in my top 5 movies. I love it so much, and I will definitely be seeing it again soon.

Originally posted by Avatar Aang
                              When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Comment

• 1976: Hunt vs. Lauda (2013)

"All successful racing drivers are invested with an enormous ego. They all think they're quickest. They can't imagine that they're not the fastest racing driver in the world."

This short documentary covers the most famous F1 rivalry and title battle (the one covered in Rush). When I was a race fan, I was more into stock cars, but this story is still really interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X