• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Heroic Trio (1993)

"Tung: So you're a woman.
    Chat: So you're a bitch."

Comment

• Very enjoyable. I was surprised how small Nick Frost's role was. Didn't matter, because the kids were likable enough to carry the movie. I'm amazed how expensive the movie was, though, and that it hasn't even come close to making that money back. I hope at least it becomes a cult classic. It surely deserves it.
      8.5/10

Comment

• Interview with the Vampire (1994)

"Just remember: life without me would be even more unbearable."

Comment

• Army of Darkness (1992)

"Well hello, Mister Fancy Pants!"

MST3K: Jack Frost

"Don't be angry, Hunchback Fairy."
          Space Cop
          The Dandy
          Last edited by Space Cop; 05-07-2013, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• G.I. Joe Retaliation (2013)

"I ain't gonna be in neutral."

No question to me. This was tons better than #1. The Ninja stuff was great (loved the little twist with Storm Shadow). I could've watched two hours of just that. I do wish they'd use more Joes, though. There's like a hundred and they use 5. Come on, Shipwreck at least.

Comment

• Ashura (2005)

"I need you two to follow the Demon Wardens and let yourselves get eaten by demons."

A demon warden (human warrior who hunts and slays demons) accidentally kills a young girl during a hunt and gives it all up, becoming an actor. Meanwhile, a woman thief runs into him and their fates become strangely connected, sparking the interest of the demons, who wish to resurrect their evil goddess to create a new dark age of the world.

This film is all kinds of insane. The acting is ham-fisted to hell and back, the special effects are everywhere, and while it doesn't technically drag on, it feels drawn out. It's not exactly a bad film, but just plain weird. Like Japanese cinema is trying to ape the fantasy martial arts flicks of China.

The theater manager and his apprentices are funny, though. And there's a giant frog.
              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Jason and the Argonauts (1963)

"lf l meet a girl with a firm leg and a warm heart, no man stop me."

R.I.P. Mr. Harryhausen.

Comment

• Rest in Peace, Mr. Harryhausen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abin Surly View Post
                    Rest in Peace, Mr. Harryhausen.
                    ^I wanted to watch that one. But I don't own it yet.

Comment

• The Place Beyond the Pines - Not as good as I wanted it to be. Started off great and then dovetailed after a character's death. Gosling, Mendes and Cooper were good but nothing amazing. Ray Liotta had a teeny role. Dane DeHaan has some piercing eyes. lol He was also good. The problem wasn't the performances but the lack of time devoted to these characters. Just when you're really interested, they make a weird decision with the story. Still an overall good movie.

Comment

• Wow. Awesome, awesome movie. It plays with expectations. Some are met, some are reversed. People die, people hide behind false names, there's a Tribble. Science Officer Barbie is bland, there's once again too many lens flares (but not as many as in the previous one), but there are some great lines and great deliveries. And so many things I could spoil.

Comment

• Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (2011)

"Wait til you see the car."

Good for what it was.

Fatal Flying Guillotine (1977)

"Much bloodshed ensued."

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                          Wow. Awesome, awesome movie. It plays with expectations. Some are met, some are reversed. People die, people hide behind false names, there's a Tribble. Science Officer Barbie is bland, there's once again too many lens flares (but not as many as in the previous one), but there are some great lines and great deliveries. And so many things I could spoil.
                          How did Germany get Star Trek first? Well, good for you.
                          Space Cop
                          The Dandy
                          Last edited by Space Cop; 05-09-2013, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Enjoyed it for the most part.

Comment

• Dolemite (1975)

"Damn! Looks like my women is on time."

Not as fun as #2 (or Disco Godfather, for that matter) but it had it's moments.

The features included a revisit to film locations with Rudy Ray Moore, which was funny because he signed off each little segment with "Dolemite!" including when he got his mail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                ^I wanted to watch that one. But I don't own it yet.
                                Barnes and Nobles had the blu-ray for cheaper than most dvds. I also wanted to get the original Mighty Joe Young, but they only had the remake in stock. D'OH!

Comment

Working...
                                X