• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing in Action (1984)

"We'll figure something out."

Big Trouble in Little China (1986)

"We really shook the pillars of heaven, didn't we?"

The first was because I just finished watching the Ken Burns series on the Vietnam War (yeah, I watch some modern TV, when it's limited run like this) with the fam and wanted to watch a positive version on the POWs. The second is in honor of Carpenter's 70th birthday. I forgot that the two movies share an actor (James Hong).
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 01-17-2018, 04:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
      Good to know its not the boring Oscar bait it looks like.
      It's really quite good. Depends on how you like your Spielberg however. I was utterly enthralled from start to finish though.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          Missing in Action (1984)

"We'll figure something out."

Big Trouble in Little China (1986)

"We really shook the pillars of heaven, didn't we?"

The first was because I just finished watching the Ken Burns series on the Vietnam War (yeah, I watch some modern TV, when it's limited run like this) with the fam and wanted to watch a positive version on the POWs. The second is in honor of Carpenter's 70th birthday. I forgot that the two movies share an actor (James Hong).
          James Hong is a massively underrated actor. Love his voice!

Comment

• Molly's Game - Great. Didn't even know this was a Sorkin written movie. Jessica and Idris are both great and finding out which celebrities were involved in all of it iggs even more fascinating. I may have to pick up the book

Comment

• The Disaster Artist - Wasn't for me. It felt like it wanted to poke fun at the guy but not enough to laugh at him. And not taking itself seriously enough to add any drama to it. There was zero drama in this and the only time I laughed was if Seth Rogen said an offhand joke.

Comment

• The Strangers (2008)

"Are you a sinner?"

I feel like I don't get the point of this movie. I kept waiting for some kind of twist, but it pretty much ends like it looks like it's going to end from the start of the threat and you learn any motivation from the baddies (you could say that's the point, but that angle has been done many times).
                Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 01-18-2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Edge Of Tomorrow (2014)

Comment

• MST3K: Teenagers from Outer Space (1959/1992)

"He is the son of our leader. The high court will pardon him!
                    -Oh yeah, he's a Kennedy!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      MST3K: Teenagers from Outer Space (1959/1992)

"He is the son of our leader. The high court will pardon him!
                      -Oh yeah, he's a Kennedy!"
                      That one is funny.

Comment

• GLOW: The Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling (2012)

"We're going to have fun and do our own thing."

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                        That one is funny.
                        I actually own it unriffed on DVD, but this time I watched the Mystery Science version of it on Netflix.
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 01-19-2018, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• The Foreigner - This was a different kind of role for Jackie Chan. It wasn't great, yet I still enjoyed it.

Comment

• MST3K: Merlin's Shop of Magical Wonders (1996/1999)

"I'm Bob Jackass."

I was still in a mistie mood, so I decided to re-watch what's probably my favorite episode.
                            Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 01-19-2018, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• The Creature Walks Among Us (1956)

I'll give a full review tomorrow, it's getting a little late and today was a total drag.
                              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• The Train (1964)

"I won't waste lives on paintings.
                                -They wouldn't be wasted! Excuse me, I know that's a terrible thing to say. But those paintings are part of France. The Germans want to take them away. They've taken our land, our food, they live in our houses, and now they're trying to take our art. This beauty, this vision of life, born out of France, our special vision, our trust."

By the same guy who directed The Manchurian Candidate. Follows some French Resistance (including Burt Lancaster) trying to stop a Nazi train (under the leadership of Paul Scofield of A Man for All Seasons fame) of stolen art. I found it difficult to figure out exactly what their plan was and if they were really trying to save the art, but I think maybe that was supposed to be (that dilemma is crucial to the third act). Liked, but didn't love it. Good model work. Thankfully, they did not do crumby French and German accents.
                                Space Cop
                                The Dandy
                                Last edited by Space Cop; 01-19-2018, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X