The Help (2011)

"Minny don't burn fried chicken."

Good stuff.
    "Eat my shit!"
    What did you say?
    "Eat... my... shit..."

LOL! Great movie.

As fas as what I've seen...

Fast 6- This didn't disappoint. All of the elements that makes this franchise great were apparent in this installment. My only gripe would be the two Spanish guys (Don Omar and the other guy) were missing, so they had to ramp up Tyrese's comedic relief to compensate. Still, great action, good story, incredible action sequences and a nice twist at the end (possibly) leading up to Fast 7.

For those that have already seen it, did you notice that the movie was a bit dark? For the night action sequences, I could barely make out what was going on.

Comment

• Hunger (2008)

"We only smoke the Lamentations. A right miserable cigarette."

A film about the IRA prisoners who took up a hunger strike (many to death). It starts from the perspective of a couple random prisoners (and one guard) but turns to the Republican hero-martyr Bobby Sands, played very well here by Fassbender. The movie is very stark, not only in it's documentary-esque style but in depicting the nastiness of starving to death and other things the prisoners did to protests their being imprisoned as common criminal and not political.

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
        As fas as what I've seen...

Fast 6- This didn't disappoint. All of the elements that makes this franchise great were apparent in this installment. My only gripe would be the two Spanish guys (Don Omar and the other guy) were missing, so they had to ramp up Tyrese's comedic relief to compensate. Still, great action, good story, incredible action sequences and a nice twist at the end (possibly) leading up to Fast 7.

For those that have already seen it, did you notice that the movie was a bit dark? For the night action sequences, I could barely make out what was going on.
        that wasnt a possibility, thats been pretty much confirmed to be the plot for the next installment.........which kinda sux since I really liked Han (even tho I already knew he was doomed.)

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Les Miserables

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I really didn't find this film all that great. I would probably enjoy the actual play, but the movie not so much.

2.5/5
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• The Fast and the Furious (2001)

"Dear Heavenly... uh...Spirit. Thank you. Thank you for providing us with the direct-port nitrous... uh... injection, four-core intercoolers, an' ball-bearing turbos, and... um... titanium valve springs. Thank you."

Comment

• I bought this the day it came out, and finally got around to watching it last night. Have to say, I really liked it. I liked the fact that Brainiac was nearly just as powerful as Clark. That intro montage of Braniac being created was damn cool. I did read the trade this was based off of years ago, but totally forgot the story. My only bitch is that Lois was too much of a bitch. Me me me. Sorry, Clark's got a world to save and all she can think of is herself? Her ego was bigger than usual.

Comment

• Fast and Furious 6 - Fucking great. Loved it. Tyrese was hilarious. There was (predictable) drama. I'm finally okay with the lack of street racing, because I'm okay that just isn't the story anymore. I'm glad the random completely unfunny duo were cut from this. No one should miss them. Even though that was the longest runway ever, it was still a lot of fun. I can't wait for the next one, even if they did lose Justin Lin as the director.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsAQ9nVZrJ8

+ YouTube Video
                  ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

As the movie went along, I couldn't help be feel sorry for the people featured in the film because they all have big dreams of becoming actors and hoping to be discovered by dressing up as superhero characters in front of the Chinese Theater in Hollywood. The guy the dresses up at Superman appears to be the most delusional and obessed about the charcter he dresses up as. However, the guy that dresses up as Batman has some anger issues.

The guy that dresses up as the Hulk and the girl that dresses up at Wonder Woman appear to be the most determine to be an actors as they audition for roles.

Most of the film deals with the four people working for tips by taking pics with tourists and then asking for donations. The film mentions when Elmo and Mr. Incredible were arrested for aggressively requesting for donations from tourists.
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Empire of the Ants (1977)

"They're herding us like cattle!"

Corman-produced giant ant flick. The third-act twist was great.

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                    [Confessions of a Superhero]

...However, the guy that dresses up as Batman has some anger issues...
                    I saw some article later that he was arrested for beating up on some guy who renegged on a paid photo. I liked the movie a lot.

Comment

• Amusing!

Walken and Pacino give great performances.

Comment

• Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

• I goddamn love that film.
                          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Had it's moments. But I would rank the series exactly how they were released. 1-2-3.

Comment

• Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde (1972)

"I walked the streets, brooding on the bitter irony that all I wanted to do for humanity, for life, would be cheated by death... unless I could cheat death."

Comment

• Stan Lee "True Believer" Documentary

+ YouTube Video
                                ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

A documentary about Stan Lee and his years in the comic book industry. I thought some of the best parts were with him and his wife. I had no idea that Stan Lee's wife was British.

3.5/5

Comment

Working...
                                X