• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RocknRolla (2008)

"Beauty is a cruel mistress, is it not?"
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 03-05-2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Better than people made it out to be when it was released.
      Not as good as the concept could have allowed it to be.
      Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• Cypher Rage, a name so badass you'd have to be called Bullet Gun in order to rival it.

I still remember watching Bob Chipman's review on The Escapist and how he kept giggling every time he talked about Will Smith's character because of his ridiculous name.
        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Police Academy 2: The First Assignment (1985)

"You're not playing with a full deck, are you?
          -Oh, I don't play cards."
          Space Cop
          The Dandy
          Last edited by Space Cop; 03-02-2020, 04:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            Police Academy 2: The First Assignment (1985)

"You're not playing with a full deck, are you?
            -Oh, I don't play cards."
            You gonna run through the lot? I tend to ignore the seventh film, personally, but from time to time, I'll marathon the first six.

Comment

• Splinter (2008)

"It's okay, it's okay, we're cutting your arm off."

Good low-budget flick and some nice gory fx. I like the premise, which is also in The Collector---that a bad guy could have to team with his victims when a worse threat shows up (here a new parasitic monster).

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
              You gonna run through the lot? I tend to ignore the seventh film, personally, but from time to time, I'll marathon the first six.
              That’s the plan. I tend to watch through series on Sunday nights, so it’ll take me into April. I don’t think I’ve ever seen #7; so I’ll watch it at least this once. Just from the listing, I see that it was made after the longest gap and that they didn’t give it the number, so I expected it would be different.
              Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 03-04-2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Mission to Moscow is a mixed bag: it's missing several characters and feels like they shouldn't have ultimately made it, but it does have some good jokes and cool scenes (it was shot on location right after Russia opened up post-communism).

If you do watch it, watch the extras because they add a lot to the understanding of the film.

Also, Netflix has Candyman (1992) available to stream, so after dinner I'm doing myself a favor and finally checking it out.
                Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• The Hunt for Red October (1990)

"Listen, I'm a politician which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies I'm stealing their lollipops."

Happy 30th to the first Jack Ryan story to hit film. I was obsessed with this when it came out (saw it in theater with my grandfather) and I was 10. Even had a model of the October in my room for years (til it broke or something). I remember the video was actually red, which I thought was so cool.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                  Mission to Moscow is a mixed bag . . . If you do watch it, watch the extras because they add a lot to the understanding of the film...
                  Well, I'll have to wait for that. The BD set is on my Amazon Wish List, but for now I only own #1 on DVD. I'm streaming these on Netflix.
                  Space Cop
                  The Dandy
                  Last edited by Space Cop; 03-03-2020, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• The Jewel Of The Nile (1985)

Comment

• Parrylakks
                      Neko Samurai
                      Last edited by Parrylakks; 03-06-2020, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• gook (2017)

"We don't serve your kind here.
                        -Black people?
                        Nah; ugly little kids.
                        -You're fat; let me in.
                        Obviously you don't understand how comebacks work."

I wouldn't use the term, but it's the title (using it to give the perspective of a few working-class Korean Americans during the first day of the '92 LA riots along with a young black girl who likes to hang at their failing shoe store). Written by, directed, and starring that annoying friend in Twilight (who played the High Schooler at age 28). Very good.

Comment

• Mortal Engines (2018)

Comment

• Still some of the best angelic imagery ever produced on film.
                            Too bad it makes up so little of the movie's runtime.

Comment

• Ah, I wish I caught my post between you guys. I always end up bunching mine up. Oh, well, for now . . .

Blinded by the Light (2019)

“Who’s that.
                              -The Boss.
                              Whose boss.
                              -The boss of us all.”

Great stuff. In 1980s Luton, England, Javed feels oppressed by his Pakistani immigrant home life and lack of opportunities when suddenly being turned on to Springsteen’s music inspires him to pursue writing secretly.

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                              [Legion]
                              Still some of the best angelic imagery ever produced on film.
                              Too bad it makes up so little of the movie's runtime.
                              Yeah, I was disappointed in that one. Despite Hollywood’s angels and demons rarely being close to the major religions, I like those movies (like the Prophecy flicks), but that one was just disappointing. The best bits were the flashbacks of the angel armies in heaven.
                              Space Cop
                              The Dandy
                              Last edited by Space Cop; 03-07-2020, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                Yeah, I was disappointed in that one. Despite Hollywood’s angels and demons rarely being close to the major religions, I like those movies (like the Prophecy flicks), but that one was just disappointing. The best bits were the flashbacks of the angel armies in heaven.
                                Yeah, as far as actual content, the sequel series is much better, but being a TV show it's visuals never quite match the glimpses we were shown in the film.

Comment

Working...
                                X