• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post

Spectacular film, to say the least.
    This.

Man of Steel

SPOILERS AHEAD

I left the movie theater dissatisfied.

The tone of the film was too dark and heavy for me as where the characters. Meaning, there wasn't any real contrast or variety and the characters really didn't playoff each other, thus leaving the interactions mostly flat. The film overcompensated with the flat present day interactions with heavy handed emotional flat backs.

I felt the flashbacks were over used and interrupted the pace, mood and momentum of the film.

The score of the film perfectly matched the tone, which was also dark and not all that inspiring.

The cinematography of the action sequences was too much like Battlestar Galactica with the wide angle shot with the quick zoom in. That got annoying for me. Also parts of the film looked like it was pulled from The Matrx and Krypton looked like a planet from Attack of the Clones. That warp engine machine even looked like something out of Michael Bay's transformers.

The movie was seriously repetetive in exposition, action sequences, and pacing. The plight of Krypton was explain like two and a half times to the audience, in the beginning of the film during the exchange between Jor El and Zod; again with Kal El and Jor El; and again during an exchange between Zod and Kal El. Action sequences, jump on the nose of the plane and smash; throw someone throw a bulding, again and again. The pacing the film was like this action, emotional flash back, move the story foward; action emotional flash back, move the story forward; wash, rinse repeat.

Some of the CGI was pretty bad too.

The collateral damage around Metropolis just seemed really gratuitous. I mean, especially in the light of Man of Steel where 90% of the movie is about how Clark went way out of his way to save lives; from when he was young and saving kids from the bus crash, to saving lives from a burning oil rig. Even Lois mentions at Pa Kent's grave, you won't stop trying to save lives, but yet he doesn't try to move the battle with Zod away from Metropolis. Even my wife turns to me during the battle with Zod and "why doesn't Superman take the fight out of the city?" Is this the hero that Metroplis needs or deserves?
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Not a bad movie, just very uneven. Arnold was pretty good considering his age, though sometimes I did question if he was actually supposed to be the main character.

Comment

• Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975)

"Damned Earthmen!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post

Spectacular film, to say the least.
          That was the best live action Superman film ever...of all time*.

*Based on the ones I have seen being this and Superman Returns.
          Originally posted by fearless2814.1
          ...You're a chore, you know that? You are a chore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hybrid Lantern View Post
            That was the best live action Superman film ever...of all time*.

*Based on the ones I have seen being this and Superman Returns.

That was actually pretty funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
              That was actually pretty funny.
              The top half was a modified quote gimmick from Red Vs Blue the best Machinima series...of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hybrid Lantern View Post
                The top half was a modified quote gimmick from Red Vs Blue the best Machinima series...of all time.

Shit, it was, wasn't it? Didn't even recognize it... I am ashamed.

Comment

• Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                  Shit, it was, wasn't it? Didn't even recognize it... I am ashamed.
                  Are you a Bluetard or are you a Lousy Red?

I am Team Freelancer.

Comment

• Last night I watched Sherlock Holmes with RDJ. Very cool movie. I loved the parts where he theorized everything out in terms of the "magic" going on.

Night before that I watched Dark Skies, about alien abduction. It wasn't really disturbing or horrifying, but it made you think about the question of being alone in the universe. Also, the ending was quite a twist.

My favorite part was when the family went to the dog pound to get a dog, and they come upon this barking german shepherd tagged "aggressive" and Mom's like "that's the one!"
                    Jeff
                    Guardian of the Universe
                    Last edited by Jeff; 06-22-2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Man of Steel - Great. A little long on the action but I really really enjoyed it. I cried when his dad died and I fucking balled when he killed Zod. I was still wiping tears away for the rest of the movie and back to the parking lot.

Comment

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1991)

Comment

• Go ninja, go ninja go!!!!

Comment

• This is 40 - This had its moments, but wasn't "LOL funny" as described on the package. Leslie Mann is pretty hot for an older woman, though.

Funniest line of the flick:

Dad: I gave them different haircuts (referring to his 3-year old triplets) so I can tell them apart, isn't that right Travis?
                            Kid: I'm Jack, dammit!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                              Go ninja, go ninja go!!!!
                              I made another funny, hahahahaha

Comment

• Wow! What I did just watch? The animation was alright, but the story was sht, and everything else didn’t work. Too much action!

They really tried way TOO hard to copy the live action movies.
                                Mister.Weirdo
                                Guardian of the Universe
                                Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 06-20-2013, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X