This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mummy

Definitely in my top 5 films of all time, seen 270000x since my dad let me watch 13 years ago at 8 years old

YOU MUST NOT READ FROM THE BOOK!!!

Comment

• The Mummy

Definitely in my top 5 films of all time, seen 270000x since my dad let me watch 13 years ago at 8 years old

YOU MUST NOT READ FROM THE BOOK!!!

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
        Deadmen don't feel pain and they're reanimated flesh. So in theory, without pain they can get up and run like nothing. Football players and hockey players are known to perform at high level with broken bones.
        dude, even allowing that somehow that virus/bacteria/wateverdafuckitis can kill a host & reanimate them within 10secs, I dont know how it can move when its internal physical support structure (i.e., their bones) have been shattered......which is exactly wat would happen to a human body when falling from that type of height. and I could allow for athletes to be able to continue a given operation when suffering from a SINGLE cracked or broken bone.......but we're talking dmg thats affected every bone in the *entire* body, not just 1 part.

.....then again, U show me a case where a person fell from atleast 7 stories onto the ground w/o their fall having been broken & are somehow able to stand on their feet (or better yet, walk away), and I will immediately rethink my position on the matter.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Women in Cages (1971)

"This is going to be just like back home ... only different!"

Not the best of the Filipino prison exploitation movies, but it had its moments. Most unique was that Pam Grier didn't play a prisoner but the prison boss (a sadistic lesbian, of course).

Comment

• The Desert Rats (1953)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tazer View Post
              Yo.

dude, even allowing that somehow that virus/bacteria/wateverdafuckitis can kill a host & reanimate them within 10secs, I dont know how it can move when its internal physical support structure (i.e., their bones) have been shattered......which is exactly wat would happen to a human body when falling from that type of height. and I could allow for athletes to be able to continue a given operation when suffering from a SINGLE cracked or broken bone.......but we're talking dmg thats affected every bone in the *entire* body, not just 1 part.

.....then again, U show me a case where a person fell from atleast 7 stories onto the ground w/o their fall having been broken & are somehow able to stand on their feet (or better yet, walk away), and I will immediately rethink my position on the matter.

Tazer
              Didn't Batman fall from his penthouse to top of a car when he jumped out after Rachel when the Joker let go of her?

At any rate, there's a number of possibilities on how the Zombies were able to get up run after falling from 7 stories; perhaps the virus strengthen their bones and are ten times stronger than norman humans, perhaps the landed on something softer than the ground like roof tops and humans; perhaps since bullets to the body can't stop them, and few broken ribs won't bother them either.
              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• What does everyone else think about the Mummy?

Comment

• Originally posted by RedLantern2814.3 View Post
                  What does everyone else think about the Mummy?
                  I found the series fun. It had a lot of funny moments, good adventure stuff, and I liked the Lovecraft elements (Book of the Dead).

Comment

• I like the older stuff, with Karloff/Cushing. The new stuff, with Fraser, was only good for the first two and then the spinoff, Scorpion King (1), because Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, the cartoon series, and the Scorpion King sequels just made my stomach churn.
                    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by RedLantern2814.3 View Post
                      What does everyone else think about the Mummy?
                      I enjoyed The Mummy and thought Brendan Frazier would make a great Indiana Jones at the time.
                      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                        I like the older stuff, with Karloff/Cushing. The new stuff, with Fraser, was only good for the first two and then the spinoff, Scorpion King (1), because Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, the cartoon series, and the Scorpion King sequels just made my stomach churn.
                        That's fair. I'd say I tolerated #3 (probably got extra points for having Jet Li and Ambominable Snowmen [that's #3, right]) and the first Scorpion King movie but after that, not so much. I almost said something about the older Mummy series, but in truth they're probably my least favorite of the classic Universal major monsters. I still like them, but I'd pick any of the other monsters (including Gillman) first. Of them, I prefer The Mummy and Abbot and Costello Meet the Mummy.

Comment

• Escape from Alcatraz (1979)

"There's always the possibility that some asshole will be offended. Isn't there?"

Apparently, I'm an idiot because I didn't realize this was based off a true story (I had thought no one escaped) until the credit sequence. At any rate, a great film. The escape plan was ingenious.

Comment

• Originally posted by fearless2814.1
                            ...You're a chore, you know that? You are a chore.

Comment

• Tomb of the Dragon was terrible horrible, Maria Bello cant compare to Rachel Weisz, and it was just awkward, and you cant have a Mummy movie without Imhotep!

Imhotep

Imhotep

Imhotep

Comment

• The First Time- This was like a teenie-bopper version of Silver Linings, just without the batsh!t crazyness. While it was a cute little story about two teens losing their virginity, it didn't have that climactic moment or epic confrontation that I was waiting for.

Comment

Working...
                                X