Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last film you saw, vol. 6

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Who is this Padme? I don't remember any such name from the three Star Wars films. Oh, you must mean that unnamed birth mother of Leia's that she clearly knew long enough to form memories of and have multiple interactions leading her to have an impression of her as "a sad woman."

    But seriously, if you try to reconcile the trilogy and the prequels, this is only one of several continuity issues and it's not even the worst. There was a good spoof (it might have been one of the Nick Lang ones) where Obi Wan stops during his remembering scene with Luke and explains all the ways it's not true (Leia's memory, Anakin's saber etc.). I can't find it now, but it was really funny.

    HAR HAR HAR re: Padme.



    But yes, I do wholly agree with you about the inconsistencies between the OT and PT. Ben not recognizing R2, one child has memories and the other doesn't of their birth mom, and probably 20 other things I can't think of at 3:33 in the a.m. I would be interested in seeing that spoof if you know where it is.

    Comment


    • Captain America (1979)

      "Well, Mr. Rogers?!"

      The first of the two very-off-brand TV movies from the end of the 70s starring Rebb Brown himself (of Yor and Space Mutiny 'fame'). Fun in a lame way. About to expire on Tubi. I think I saw it before (at least in part).
      Space Cop
      The Dandy
      Last edited by Space Cop; 10-03-2021, 03:07 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jeff View Post
        HAR HAR HAR re: Padme.



        But yes, I do wholly agree with you about the inconsistencies between the OT and PT. Ben not recognizing R2, one child has memories and the other doesn't of their birth mom, and probably 20 other things I can't think of at 3:33 in the a.m. I would be interested in seeing that spoof if you know where it is.
        I always figured Leia had memories of her adopted mom. She doesn't ever mention anything about knowing she is adopted.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jeff View Post
          Tazz, if you want to give it another shot, try the 200X series, which in my humble opinion, has been the BEST MOTU show to date. It ran for a decent number of episodes, but was killed off too quick. Most of the designs were done by the Four Horsemen, and there is an ongoing story arc that is 100 times better than the shit I watched in the 80s.

          If you need a link let me know.
          Thanks but i know a site. Currently waiting for venom let there be carnage to hit online. I saw the credit seen and fans will be happy. I wont spoil it but it raises questions. Reviews have stated woody harrelson is fantastic as carnage wich im glad to hear since i grew up on him from natural born killers
          TazzMission
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by TazzMission; 09-29-2021, 04:26 PM.
          .................................................. ..........................

          Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

          Comment


          • Sister Street Fighter (1974)

            "We all know the terrible effects of drug addiction."

            Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            I always figured Leia had memories of her adopted mom. She doesn't ever mention anything about knowing she is adopted.
            Yeah, that's a common in-universe explanation since episode 3, but Luke pauses and says "your real mother," which strongly implies "as opposed to your adopted mother." The real deal is that Lucas intended you to believe their mother had them for a while and possibly Leia longer and then he retconned himself.
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 10-03-2021, 12:55 AM.

            Comment


            • Original Halloween. Off to the 2018 film
              .................................................. ..........................

              Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

              Comment


              • The Return of Chandu (1934)

                "With dark magic anything is possible."

                The last (for now) of the serials I’m borrowing from my friend. Watching this 12 parter, in which Bela Lugosi is a good guy with mystic Oriental powers, with my folks.
                Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 09-30-2021, 03:27 AM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                  Thanks but i know a site. Currently waiting for venom let there be carnage to hit online. I saw the credit seen and fans will be happy. I wont spoil it but it raises questions. Reviews have stated woody harrelson is fantastic as carnage wich im glad to hear since i grew up on him from natural born killers

                  You can watch both, Tazz. Start watching MOTU 200X, then when the new Venom movie comes out, watch that, then switch back to MOTU. There's no rule saying you have to watch only one at a time. Hell, I've got mecha anime, the TFEW game, and a book going all at the same time usually. Variety is the spice of life.

                  Comment


                  • Return of the Sister Street Fighter (1975)

                    "You have pharmaceutical knowledge and there aren't many women with a body like yours."

                    I started re-watching he SF movies in tribute to Sonny Chiba, when he passed, but when I saw this (Chiba-less) sequel to the spin-off in the series was on Tubi, I decided to check it out. Fun OTT karate flick.
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 09-30-2021, 03:27 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                      You can watch both, Tazz. Start watching MOTU 200X, then when the new Venom movie comes out, watch that, then switch back to MOTU. There's no rule saying you have to watch only one at a time. Hell, I've got mecha anime, the TFEW game, and a book going all at the same time usually. Variety is the spice of life.
                      I have no interest in motu
                      .................................................. ..........................

                      Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                      Comment




                      • Third installment of this revenge trilogy is paradoxically both the best and worst film of the three. It's the best because the story is well told, the action is well shot, and the characters are actually interesting (well, the two main ones anyway). It's the worst because aside from a few throw away lines, it has nothing to do with the quest for vengeance, which ultimately leaves the plot of the first two films dangling.

                        For a moment at the end I thought it might be because he decides not to pursue it any further, seeing how it destroyed his rival in this film, but alas it ends as each of the last two did, with him wandering to find his target. Honestly, this actually makes it feel like a filler arc in an anime, which is weird because I tend to hate filler, but I liked this film more than the previous two. But yeah, it's an odd finale to be sure.

                        It makes me wonder if this was supposed to keep going as a samurai saga like Lone Wolf and Cub or the Zatoichi series, but just failed to draw the same popularity. If so, it's unfortunate that they went with this as the third film instead of his final target, because he only had three, so a trilogy should've been the perfect length for that storyline, but nope.

                        Such as it is. It's still an enjoyable samurai flick, regardless.
                        Do good. Be well. Make happy.

                        Comment


                        • Boogie Nights (1997)

                          "I like simple pleasures, like butter in my a**, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me. That's just something that I enjoy."

                          I really like this movie (and really most of Anderson's work I've seen) and will definitely own it some day, but for now decided to stream it on Netflix just before it expired.
                          Space Cop
                          The Dandy
                          Last edited by Space Cop; 10-01-2021, 03:28 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Venom let there be carnage. All in all a lot better than venom 1 . This felt like a toned down natural born killers wich works. Loved harrelson as carnage and imo should do a hard r prequel film of cletus. Tom hardy was also good. Very fast paced and short wich i feel works with a non avegers film. This universe feels early 2000ish where it can fit with the rami spiderman after spiderman 2 and should of been ramis spiderman 3. I say its a 7 7.5. Theres some horror elements to where this gives me hope for the morbius film if it ever releases
                            TazzMission
                            Guardian of the Universe
                            Last edited by TazzMission; 10-02-2021, 05:00 AM.
                            .................................................. ..........................

                            Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                            Comment


                            • Venom (2005)





                              Jeff: "Nope, not that Venom. Lol"


                              So I was perusing the net to see if there was a hint of a certain new movie that came out today, and I came across this odd find. Hidden Jems in surprise places. The story has to do with voodoo, lots of snakes, an innocent man turned monster, and some crappy requisite teenagers to fill out the space. I was quite entertained by the story. The man monster, before he turned, was the town hunchback, except he would help out anyone in any situation with his tow truck. Unfortunately, he helped out the wrong person. And now he's gone all predator on a bunch of teenagers who are Townies with big dreams. Solid effort for a B film and highly suggested for horror fans in general.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                                Venom (2005)





                                Jeff: "Nope, not that Venom. Lol"


                                So I was perusing the net to see if there was a hint of a certain new movie that came out today, and I came across this odd find. Hidden Jems in surprise places. The story has to do with voodoo, lots of snakes, an innocent man turned monster, and some crappy requisite teenagers to fill out the space. I was quite entertained by the story. The man monster, before he turned, was the town hunchback, except he would help out anyone in any situation with his tow truck. Unfortunately, he helped out the wrong person. And now he's gone all predator on a bunch of teenagers who are Townies with big dreams. Solid effort for a B film and highly suggested for horror fans in general.
                                Oh its online. Ok copy
                                .................................................. ..........................

                                Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X