X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween (2021)

"Let him burn!"

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
    Halloween kills. Awesome film! I love how theres flashbacks adding to his capture from the original that lead into the 2018 sequel . The Strode women are bad ass and i like how Michael is becoming a legendary myth in handonfiled like folklore. The kills in this are brutal . Ill leave it at that to avoid any heavy spoilers. I give it a 9 because i really like how blumhouse did the original film justice with these as sequels . btw its on peacock. Apperently theres a credit scene. I have to look around for it
    Yep. I had planned to go with my mother to see this but when I told her I could stream it on my TV for no extra money, she was cool with that.

I liked, but didn't love it. Not sure how I feel about the ending, but I liked the mass panic idea.

There's no post-credits scene. I watched it through (and I had already heard there wasn't).

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      Halloween (2021)

"Let him burn!"

Yep. I had planned to go with my mother to see this but when I told her I could stream it on my TV for no extra money, she was cool with that.

I liked, but didn't love it. Not sure how I feel about the ending, but I liked the mass panic idea.

There's no post-credits scene. I watched it through (and I had already heard there wasn't).
      Hmmm really? because people at ign were saying it teases cult of thorn
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
        Halloween kills. Awesome film! I love how theres flashbacks adding to his capture from the original that lead into the 2018 sequel . The Strode women are bad ass and i like how Michael is becoming a legendary myth in handonfiled like folklore. The kills in this are brutal . Ill leave it at that to avoid any heavy spoilers. I give it a 9 because i really like how blumhouse did the original film justice with these as sequels . btw its on peacock. Apperently theres a credit scene. I have to look around for it

I saw this tonight also.

I am upset with it, but I can't get into reasons because it will spoil it for those who have not seen it. And the Spoiler tags don't work for me for some reason in this forum's system.

Test:

if you can see this then Spoiler tags don't work for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
          I saw this tonight also.

I am upset with it, but I can't get into reasons because it will spoil it for those who have not seen it. And the Spoiler tags don't work for me for some reason in this forum's system.

Test:

if you can see this then Spoiler tags don't work for me.
          Pm me your dislikes because im really curious. I see its split in the fandom. I think its a trillion not a million but a trillion times better than Halloween 3 through ressurection. We all have to realize slasher films are popcorn flicks and a way to get laid . There not what i call godfather award worthy. I think we all including myself forget its ok to have fun at the movies and not think of it as hey Halloween won a academy award or Oscar
          TazzMission
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by TazzMission; 10-16-2021, 03:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop
            Nope, nothing.

I looked online i was wrong. I think i got a video review wrong and the publishers title

Comment

• Evil Dead 2 (1987)

"We are the things that were and shall be again! Spirits of the book! We want what is yours! Life! Dead by dawn! Dead by dawn!"

Screwed up. Today is the 40th anniversary of the first film, but I somehow mixed it up with the sequel in my head. Can't believe I did that. Even while I was watching, I was thinking "did this really come out that long ago?"

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
              . . . I think its a trillion not a million but a trillion times better than Halloween 3 through resurrection. . .
              Halloween III is actually good. It's a cool concept and probably only rivals Trick 'r' Treat for being a horror movie really focused on the holiday itself. I think it would've had a lot more success if it had been #2 and people hadn't been trained to think the series was only about Michael. I didn't like it the first time I saw it, but once I let the Myers thing go, I enjoy it more every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop
                Looks right to me. You can also manually do black text, which I did for something recently because I was in a hurry and forgot what button meant what.

Oh good, they finally work for me! I figured there was some kind of issue between my android tablet and the forum when I tried it many years ago, but I'm glad it's working in any event. Now, on with the show.

My criticisms of HK:
                First off I hated it because it was like watching Last of the Jedi again, but in the few hours I've had to think about it, maybe that was the direct intention- make a movie that riles up all the fans in order to come to a (hopefully) last movie where Michael dies forever.

1.There can be no complete death without Lorrie present because she has to be somehow involved in it.
                2. The ending was bullshit. The movie basically ended where it began- with Michael killing citizens.
                3. The Frankenstein town mob was an excellent idea, but again, the ending killed it.
                4. No one ever gets an answer as to A. Why can'tMichael die, and B. What the hell was it that he saw in the mirror that drove him to kill his sister? Was it along the lines of "if you stare into the abyss, the abyss starts staring into you" belief?
                5. None of the kills were as entertaining as the crushing of the skull by Michael's foot with the mad psychiatrist in the very last movie. Except maybe the boyfriend through, up, and sideways in the Bannister.
                6. Was the suicide of the looney really necessary? Just gives kids ideas in real life when they are super scared.
                7. (For Tazz) I didn't see any post credits scene, and I specifically waited for it. Just so you know. Pretty sure you saw the whole thing.
                8. So to sum it up, basically what we have here is a Last of the Jedi done on purpose to set up for another movie, and it sucked as hard as the Last Jedi too. I hope the last one brings to a final FINAL conclusion where Michael dies, the curse dies, Laurie becomes victorious, and Haddonfield can finally put this whole bloody saga behind them.

Comment

• Wow... just wow... I don't know if it was the noir mystery approach or the absolutely fantastic first ending, but I think this is my favorite of the franchise so far, despite only having maybe 5 minutes of Pinhead in the whole thing. I understand that this was written as a standalone film, and just had the Hellraiser stuff added on to it, but I think it holds up really well despite that, and I'm sure it would be a cult classic on its own merit if it didn't have them. As a Hellraiser movie, especially after the last two focused so heavily on Pinhead, I can understand why it earned so many negative reviews, but hot damn! This was a good movie. Granted it would have been much better if it had just gone to credits after the first ending (before the double fake finale), but still.
                  Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                    [Hellraiser: Inferno]

Wow... just wow... I don't know if it was the noir mystery approach or the absolutely fantastic first ending, but I think this is my favorite of the franchise so far, despite only having maybe 5 minutes of Pinhead . . .
                    That's the one with the cop? I like that one too. It's eery. It feels in a lot of ways like a lesser Jacob's Ladder, but it wasn't bad for being shoehorned into the series.
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 10-16-2021, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Oh good, they finally work for me! I figured there was some kind of issue between my android tablet and the forum when I tried it many years ago, but I'm glad it's working in any event. Now, on with the show.

My criticisms of HK:
                      First off I hated it because it was like watching Last of the Jedi again, but in the few hours I've had to think about it, maybe that was the direct intention- make a movie that riles up all the fans in order to come to a (hopefully) last movie where Michael dies forever.

1.There can be no complete death without Lorrie present because she has to be somehow involved in it.
                      2. The ending was bullshit. The movie basically ended where it began- with Michael killing citizens.
                      3. The Frankenstein town mob was an excellent idea, but again, the ending killed it.
                      4. No one ever gets an answer as to A. Why can'tMichael die, and B. What the hell was it that he saw in the mirror that drove him to kill his sister? Was it along the lines of "if you stare into the abyss, the abyss starts staring into you" belief?
                      5. None of the kills were as entertaining as the crushing of the skull by Michael's foot with the mad psychiatrist in the very last movie. Except maybe the boyfriend through, up, and sideways in the Bannister.
                      6. Was the suicide of the looney really necessary? Just gives kids ideas in real life when they are super scared.
                      7. (For Tazz) I didn't see any post credits scene, and I specifically waited for it. Just so you know. Pretty sure you saw the whole thing.
                      8. So to sum it up, basically what we have here is a Last of the Jedi done on purpose to set up for another movie, and it sucked as hard as the Last Jedi too. I hope the last one brings to a final FINAL conclusion where Michael dies, the curse dies, Laurie becomes victorious, and Haddonfield can finally put this whole bloody saga behind them.
                      I dont think its anywhere near last jedi bad . Im going to make a spoiler thread so we can be more open without ruining it for others

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        Screwed up. Today is the 40th anniversary of the first film, but I somehow mixed it up with the sequel in my head. Can't believe I did that.
                        You're getting old. Better start putting your pills into day-of-the-week strip containers.
                        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Escape the Undertaker (2021)

"Because it's the name our our group!"

Interactive (like Choose Your Own Adventure) horror movie from WWE and Netflix. I'm pretty sure I did all the options. Fun.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                          You're getting old. Better start putting your pills into day-of-the-week strip containers.
                          Funny you say that. I've take pills for years because of my condition, but today I was putting them in one of those weekly containers in preparation for a trip this coming week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post

You in the peanut gallery....SHUDDUP....I was eying one the other day at Walgreens. Even had 3 containers for each day.

Comment

• Dawn of the Dead (1978)

"They’re us."

Re-watched because I'll be visiting the Monroeville Mall in about a week.
                              Space Cop
                              The Dandy
                              Last edited by Space Cop; 10-17-2021, 02:46 AM.

Comment

You in the peanut gallery
                                I will nut the fuck outta you, buddy.

Anyway...

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (2019)

"Damn your god!"

After his family is brutally murdered by Sub-Zero and the Lin-Kuei, Hanzo Hasashi is resurrected as the deadly assassin Scorpion and enters the mystical Mortal Kombat tournament to get revenge and obtain a powerful artifact for his master, the sorcerer Quan Chi. At the same time, the chosen heroes of Earthrealm fight to protect the world from Shao Kahn's intended conquest.

This was easily the best Mortal Kombat-related film I've seen in the past week. Beginning is so dark and violent but so well told, and we get a pretty decent representation of the various characters (including some who appeared in later games, like the vampire woman). Johnny Cage as usual provides comic relief but can actually get the job done (I love how they had him and his luggage just like in the first live-action film).

Various special moves, some fatalities, costumes (special shout-out to the masked guards on the island being right out of the original game), some of the locations --- the studio really did a good job with this. Makes me even more pumped to get around to watching the recent live-action film, and now that I have a functioning PS4 controller, I can actually play the newer games.

Very highly recommend.
                                Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X