X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Dawn of the Dead (1978)

I agree with Roger Ebert that this is the greatest horror movie ever made.

Comment

• Trick 'r' Treat (2007)

"I like your eye patch."

My full-moon werewolf flick this month.

Comment

• Chucky episode 2. Pretty wild
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• The Locket (1946)

"I really didn’t mean to be offensive.
          -That hardly seems possible."

First movie I saw at Monster Bash (Pittsburgh), though it’s not a monster movie.

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
          Chucky episode 2. Pretty wild
          I forgot to mention I watched ep.1. I’ll continue it, but I may stockpile some. I like the aspect of a troubled teen possibly being sucked in by a killer.
          Space Cop
          The Dandy
          Last edited by Space Cop; 10-28-2021, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• I'm planning to see No Time to Die this weekend, so I figured I'd marathon Craig's outings before I go. This has been my favorite Bond film since it came out, and it's just as great now as it was the first time I saw it. This is the first time I've seen it in 4K UHD, though, so that made it all the better.
            Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• This has always felt like an odd (if not bad) Bond movie, but I have to admit that if it weren't a part of the franchise it would be a pretty solid action film in its own right.

Comment

• The Blob (1958)

"It doesn’t sound like a house. It sounds like a dog."

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                [Quantum of Solace]
                This has always felt like an odd (if not bad) Bond movie, but I have to admit that if it weren't a part of the franchise it would be a pretty solid action film in its own right.
                So far, it’s my least favorite EON production. Also near the bottom for me are On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (which is an excellent film with a not very good Bond) and Live and Let Die, but the latter has gained a certain charm for me (maybe as I’ve delved more into the blaxploitation films its trying to cash in on) that edged it up a bit. But I’m enough of a Bond fan that even QoS has bits I enjoy. I like the bit where Bond calls out all the criminals (that I guess we now know are SPECTRE) and they file out of the opera and the final setting of the luxury hotel in the middle of the desert is a great Bond set piece.
                Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 10-28-2021, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• Bride of chucky

Comment

• A nightmare on elm street 3

Comment

• Hellraiser (1987)

Finally saw this. I'll give a full review in the Horror thread.
                      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Night Monster (1942)

"Skeletons don't bleed."
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 10-28-2021, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• Wait, is that the film with the blind old man who hits one dino with his cane? I saw a film like that when I was a kid watching TV at a sitter's house.
                          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• The Wizard of Of (1944)

"But some people without brains do an *awful* lot of talking, don't they?

Also saw this at Monster Bash because an author was making connections to monster movies.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                            Wait, is that the film with the blind old man who hits one dino with his cane? I saw a film like that when I was a kid watching TV at a sitter's house.
                            I don't think so, but my mother and I were remarking on how these blur together.
                            Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 10-28-2021, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post

This could have been so good. Like, you can feel that's it's missing around 30-40 minutes of stuff, so it's no wonder that "Alan Smithee" is credited as directing it. The generational concept could have worked, but really just feels flat in execution. That said, I was pleasantly surprised that the last film's tease was actually worked into this, so that's something. But yeah, it just reeks of unrealized potential. It's literally so close to being good that it's hard to call it bad -- it simply is.

Something that's been bothering me I wanted to ask you about (although a little late)....

When the Aristocrat first gets his hands on the box and opens up Hell, I seem to remember Angelique as sort of a gift from the main bad guy downstairs (ruler of hell if you will), but when they see each other 200 something years later, Angelique comments that his appearance has changed (I believe) and Pinhead relates that the rules of Hell have changed a bit, so is it understood that the ruler of hell in 1796 and Pinhead in 1996 are actually the same entity with slightly changed appearances?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                                Something that's been bothering me I wanted to ask you about (although a little late)....

When the Aristocrat first gets his hands on the box and opens up Hell, I seem to remember Angelique as sort of a gift from the main bad guy downstairs (ruler of hell if you will), but when they see each other 200 something years later, Angelique comments that his appearance has changed (I believe) and Pinhead relates that the rules of Hell have changed a bit, so is it understood that the ruler of hell in 1796 and Pinhead in 1996 are actually the same entity with slightly changed appearances?
                                No, if only because Pinhead wasn't around in 1796. He rose to power within the ranks of the cenobites during the 20th century, after his human self completed the lament configuration. By the time we meet him, he is the leader, but his time as such was finite. We don't know who was in charge in 1796, or how Pinhead rose through the ranks, we just know that he did -- because he's credited as the leader. As such, Angelique likely just recognized his position of power, rather than actually recognizing him personally.

Remember that we see in HellBound that cenobites can be created when an exceptionally evil person completes the lament configuration and Leviathan (the undefined all powerful being of Hell) is impressed with their depravity. This is the process Pinhead went through when he made the transition from human to cenobite, and like the doctor in HellBound, we can assume he just took control from the previous leader.

Comment

Working...
                                X