This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Company (1972)

A Civil War draft dodger falls in with a group of ruffians and heads west.

Comment

• Yo.

ok, if we're gonna do this then its gotta be done properly:

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
      Didn't Batman fall from his penthouse to top of a car when he jumped out after Rachel when the Joker let go of her?
      yea, but didnt we also see Bats cape extend itself outward during said fall, which created enuff drag to slow his decent AND position himself underneath her body so his armor took the impact?

yes we did. next?

At any rate, there's a number of possibilities on how the Zombies were able to get up run after falling from 7 stories;
      ok, lets see wat ya come up here....

perhaps the virus strengthen their bones and are ten times stronger than norman humans,
      .....da fuq? if this was true, then how did Brad Pitt hold back a whole staircase of'em when he was on that rooftop?

perhaps the landed on something softer than the ground like roof tops and humans;
      the impact wouldnt have transferred all of that k-nrg into the living NOR the rooftops they landed upon, allowing them to get up & start running; all that would happen would be any humans underneath would be crippled (if not killed outright) from a broken *something*, and *any* rooftop which could support an avg humans weight would crumple the zombie upon impact just as if theyd landed upon the ground.

perhaps since bullets to the body can't stop them, and few broken ribs won't bother them either.
      we're not talking broken ribs here; we'd be seeing broken spines, pelvises & legs. regardless of theyre muscles being in working order, those bones broken impact heavily upon the body's ability to stand erect, and theyres no explaination as for how they survived dropping from that height intact to begin the culling of Isreal.

I await yur return serve, my good D-to-the-P......

Tazer
      Tazer
      That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
      Last edited by Tazer; 06-27-2013, 12:19 AM.

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• I had an awesome time. It had great animation, great laughs. It didn’t even ruin the original for me.

I had a very stressful experience afterwards; I walked home and realized that I had forgotten my backpack halfway through (and it's a long walk), so I had to run back to the theater to get my backpack. By the time I got home I was sweating like a pig.
        Mister.Weirdo
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 06-27-2013, 04:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedLantern2814.3 View Post
          What does everyone else think about the Mummy?
          Coming in late to this conversation, but wanted to weigh in- my absolute favorite Universal Monsters movie was the original Mummy with Karloff. Most people instantly peg him for Frankenstein, but I thought the Mummy gave him a chance to really shine. And Zita Johann was incredible. The camera angles in that movie were fantabulous. I did a couple sketches of Karloff in both the bandage wrap and then as Ardeth Bay and sent them to Boris' daughter Sara. She has them on display on the official Karloff site. That was like a crowning achievement for me.

In disguise as a horror film, it's actually quite a love story.

Comment

• Star Trek (2009)

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."

In Search of Shakespeare (2004)

Interesting because it wasn't just a straight-up documentary, but instead looked at controversial or lesser-known aspects of the Bard (like his Catholic background and some theories about the missing decade).
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 06-27-2013, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Colors (1988)

"You ain't got nuthin' on me.
              I got handcuffs on you."

Bad Lieutenant (1992)

"Vampires are lucky, they can feed on others. We gotta eat away at ourselves."

I hated this. Not sure why I finished it except at some point I gave in to "oh well, I've watched this much..."
              This is so dark and the main character (who ranges between despicable and pathetic) has no redeeming quality.
              Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 06-27-2013, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Yo.

while this doesnt speak about anything that I was schoolin' D-2-tha-P about (heh!), I thought this was an interesting article done by real doctor who watched WWZ: http://www.vulture.com/2013/06/bioph...rld-war-z.html

A Biophysicist Fact-Checks World War Z’s Swarming, Sniffing, Tireless Zombies
                .......and after reading that last part, it made me think: can any1 who's seen it remember a scene where we saw the zombies EATING anyone??

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Driven to Kill (2009)

"Those who did this to you will cry tears of blood."

A shot-on-video actioner that's pretty much what you would expect for the price and being a 2009 Seagal movie. That said, there's an awesome bit where he attacks a guy with a glass cup and there's a really good knife fight about half way through.

Under the Boardwalk: The Monopoly Story (2010)
                  Space Cop
                  The Dandy
                  Last edited by Space Cop; 06-28-2013, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• Bloody Birthday (1981)

"All her brains are in her bra!"

Three kids born under an eclipse go on a murderous rampage around the 10th birthday. About what you'd expect for a slasher of the day.

Tales from the Crypt: Ritual (2002)

A partial remake of I Walk with a Zombie. Not bad.

Comment

• Just saw Man of Steel last night. A very, very good film. I'm not comfortable saying it was great, because it wasn't, but it was enjoyable, different from every other Superman movie I've seen (Superman I, Superman II, Superman Returns), and visually spectacular. Michael Shannon was easily the best part of the film, his turn as Zod was amazing, as was Russell Crowe's Jor-El. Cavill did a good job as Superman, too; he wasn't exactly Christoper Reeve, but then again this wasn't exactly Donner's Superman. I also dug Faora, though not completely for her acting ability... Overall, an enjoyable film that I would willingly see again.

Oh, and also... Major Carrie Farris?

MAJOR CARRIE FARRIS?

MAJOR CARRIE FARRIS?!

Are you fucking kidding me with that shit?

Comment

• So you saw this before seeing Iron Man 3. I see where your loyalties lie sir.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                          So you saw this before seeing Iron Man 3. I see where your loyalties lie sir.

Iron Man 3 isn't even in my theater anymore... Besides, this was a group thing. I got outvoted. (Not that I voted for IM3 after I realized it had been taken out)

Comment

• Earth Girls Are Easy? (1988)

"Grab the bleach, she's seen the light!"

Glad I finally saw this. It was corny, but campy funny.

Harlem Nights (1989)

"What are they gonna put on your tombstone? 'Here lies a man, 27 years old. He died, but he ain't no punk.' Hey man, that's bullsh**. OK? You know when you die? When you're 89... got your children and your grandchildren around the bed... that's cool. It ain't cool to die at 27."

This was much better than I was expecting. I guess you could still call it a comedy, but it's a dark one (they kind of set the tone in the first few minutes by having a kid shoot a guy in the head). Surprising to me was that Pryor is rather understated. He doesn't get the majority of (or even the best) jokes. Mostly, he's the wise dad.

Death Race 2000 (1975)

"I tried the g****mn boy scout camp. You know how fast those boy scouts move?"
                            Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 06-29-2013, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• The Warriors: Ultimate Director's Cut

Comment

• The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

"Thought you could get away, did you? Now what'll you do?"
                                *Slash*
                                "Yep, that'll do it."

Amazing film, if really depressing at points (honestly, I know a staple of fantasy stories is some serious tragedy and devastation and loss and stuff, but that doesn't make it any easier to watch people lose their minds or their homes). The scenery, architecture, costumes, everything is simply stunning, as it was in the last three films. The humor is also very welcome, especially the trolls arguing about their dinner. On that note, the goblins' reaction to the appearance of the Goblin-Cleaver sword was priceless.

It was hard to watch Christopher Lee's Sarumon, because, the subsequent three books already being adapted, I know what a tremendous asshole he becomes, and he already acts like a total dick in this one. Similarly, it was hard for me to watch Radigast finding all his animal friends dead or dying, because I like animals.

I was kind of surprised by the introduction of the Necromancer and the Witch King of Angmar. I recognized the King's statue and the ghost looked familiar (the former familiar as a Nazgul design and the later from when we saw them as ghosts in Fellowship), but I didn't get a straight answer from my dad about the Necromancer; not sure he knows who it is, but I am now leaning towards it being Sauron, since the Nazgul serve him and it makes sense for the Witch King to have been revived by him.

Also, Radigast has some totally badass rabbits: the chase he led the orcs on was hilarious.

And now we get to the meat of it: Smaug. My favorite LOTR character, bar none. His destruction of the Dwarves' kingdom was incredible to watch and the teaser of him at the end makes me impatient as hell for the next installment to be released.

I really should pick the The Hobbit novel and give it a read.

Highly recommend this film.
                                Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X