Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the love of God, Space Cop, start posting in this thread again. I'm always curious what you are watching.

Comment

• I need to post all the stuff that got dropped in the last three months because I sometimes use the search function here to find out if/when I saw something. But that would be massive, so I'll cut the pix and quotes for that time period (and this still isn't everything):

-Helga: She-Wolf of Stilberg (1978)

-Double Dragon (1994)

-Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010)

-Killdozer (1974)

-The Disaster Artist (2017)

-The Room (2003)

-[Rifftrax:] The Room (2003/2016)

-Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)

-Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (2003)

-Dune (1984)

-Revenge of the Ninja (1983)

-The Red Shoes (1948)

-The Wilby Conspiracy (1975)
      R.I.P. Sidney Poitier.

-[Rifftrax:] Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999/2006)

-Class Action Park (2020)
      Documentary on the infamous water park from my home state. I had thought it was a cable movie, but it turns out I watched an edited version (DVRed from TNT) because it was originally an HBO Max movie.

-Nickelodeon (1976)
      R.I.P. Peter Bogdanovich.

-Scream (1996)
      I have this movie, but only on VHS and since my VCR died a few years ago, it had been a while. The new movie (not sure if I'll make it to theaters to see it) put me in the mood to re-watch and Peacock had it.

-The Suicide Squad (2021)
      A lot better than the 2016 movie (which I was disappointed with, but didn't hate as much as most fans).

-One Week (1920)
      Buster Keaton short film. I might have seen it years ago, but watched it on Youtube because a reviewer I follow had discussed it at length. Good stuff.

-The Beast in Heat (1977)

-Robocop 3 (1993)

-Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)
      Finally saw it. I still would have preferred (by a longshot) an animated movie set in his world and Carey moved between funny and annoying to me, but I did enjoy this.

-In Cold Blood (1967)
      Don't think I ever saw this all the way through. That movie where Robert Blake plays a crazy killer.

-Lake Placid (1999)
      R.I.P. Betty White.

-[Rifftrax:] Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002/2007)

-Scream 2 (1997)
      Decided to re-watch the Scream movies before seeing 5 since there's little chance I'll get to it this week.

-Werewolf (1987)
      My pick for the wolf moon: a TV movie that served as the pilot for the Fox TV show of the same name that got cancelled its first season. Chuck Connors plays the bad, infecting lycan. The werewolves actually look pretty good (as far as I can tell from the 480p scan) probably because Rick Baker designed them. No official version has been released, but it's easily available on Youtube (as I think the whole show is).

-Scream 3 (2000)

-Arctic Fury (1949)
      Based on a real story (and filmed in the same locale) of a doctor in Alaska who crashed his plane and had to cross the wilderness. They obviously exaggerate things at points (the actual crash and immediate results wouldn't be survivable as depicted), but it was still pretty interesting.

-Anthropophagous (1980)
      [aka The Grim Reaper]
      [aka Anthropophagous: The Beast]

-Meat Loaf: In Search of Paradise (2007)
      Wanted to watch a movie in honor of Meat Loaf (R.I.P.). I could've done Rocky Horror Picture Show, but he's such a short part in that and Fight Club was a little long for my other plans for the evening. Ultimately, this was a better choice because it was much more about him and his music. Found on Youtube. A documentary following Meat Loaf on his then-current Bat out of Hell III tour. Looks at his life and personality too. Interesting. I also followed it up with a 52-minute show on Tubi about the original album, but that was an episode of a show called Classic Albums.

-Reservoir Dogs (1992)
      30th anniversary. I used to watch this frequently, but it had been a while. Still love it and on any given day, I may say it's my favorite from Tarantino.

-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)

-Scream 4 (2011)
      Can't believe this is more than 10 years old now. Still liked it, but it didn't feel quite as great as I remembered it on first viewing. Now, I'm ready for #5 (maybe tomorrow).

-Chasing Amy (1997)
      25th anniversary.

-Scream [5] (2022)
      I liked, but didn't love this. Definitely better than #3.

-[Rifftrax:] Attack of the Super Monsters (1982/2019)

-Action Jackson (1988)
      Finally saw on Tubi. Odd that it passed me by so long. Although it's not the best of the genre, it's right up my alley. I could tell within minutes (before the credits ran confirming it) from the style and cast that it was a Joel Silver production.

-Grave Encounters (2011)
      Not a new fav, but on the good side of found-footage horror. Follows TV ghost hunters who come across the real thing in an old insane asylum.

-'71 (2014)
      It would've been better to do this on Sunday for the 50th anniversary of Bloody Sunday, but it's about to expire on Tubi and there's an even more relevant movie for that date. This follows a new recruit British soldier who gets immediately dispatched to Belfast, Northern Ireland at the height of the Troubles. On his first day, he gets separated from his unit and has to make it across town to get out.

-Alice in Wonderland: Down the Rabbit Hole (2020)
      More of a show than a movie per se, but I learned something. Kind of a short (50 mins) educational doc about Lewis Carroll and his most famous book. I learned some stuff, but it was a weird style where the narrator almost had a baby-doll voice and all the image were the video equivalent istock photos (e.g., they'd talk about him lunching with the Liddel family and show a picnic of a modern American family).

-Judge Dredd (1995)
      This was more enjoyable than I remembered, but maybe that was going back with low expectations. It's not great, but there's some decent designs and world building.

-Bloody Sunday (2002)
      Re-watched for the 50th anniversary of probably the darkest moment of the Troubles.

-Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021)
      Liked (not loved). Carnage was probably my favorite Spidey baddie when I used to follow him (at least as far as looks). In these films, I'd have to say the dialogue between Eddie and Venom is favorite bit.

-The Odyssey (1997)
      Recently ordered from Amazon to re-watch after re-reading the book. I like this one.

-[Rifftrax:] R.O.T.O.R. (1987/2014)

-Zombie Nightmare (1987)
      I had seen the MST3K episode of this several times, but wanted to see it (thanks to Tubi) unriffed/unedited and in HD. So bad it's good.

-Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018)

-Miami Vice (2006)
      I liked this more on my second viewing. The first time, I was really turned off by the movie being all digital (which I hadn't really seen much) and handheld. This time, I let that go (it's not like Mann hasn't done his time in film) and felt like I got what they were going for.

-Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (2020)
      I liked this more than I expected based on the rep (which is good since I own it now), but it's not really good either. I'd more say that there were bits I liked (especially Harley stuff and the Huntress) and stuff I really disliked (Cassandra Cain almost being the opposite of a petite, athletic [and I don't mean that as body shaming but character types], near-mute trained assassin). They also wasted Zsasz (really a henchman?!) and ironically (for a movie all about how the ladies can be tough) made Montoya much less of a bad**s than she is in the comics.

-Angel and the Badman (1947)
      Youtubed it (with the fam) for its 75th anniversary. Had been a while. Not as good as the Ford westerns, but still pretty good.

-Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers (1988)

-Mystery Science Theater 3000: Zombie Nightmare (1987/1994)
      Yes, I essentially watched the same movie twice within 5 days, but seeing it unriffed just made me think of the riffs I could remember so I made it my riff for the week.

-Candyman (2021)
      Really liked this, especially the idea of multiple urban myths being wrapped together. The interaction with the first film was nice. And I loved that they finally used the Sammy Davis Jr. song. I always think of it when I hear/say the title. The mirror stuff was great.

-[Jackie Chan’s] First Strike (1992)
      [aka Police Story 4 (1991)]
      Probably my favorite Jackie movie. Re-watched for its 25th anniversary (in America—I don't have the Chinese cut).

-Freaks (1931)
      Watched for the 90th anniversary and introduced it to my stepdad.

-Death Wish II (1982)
      Watched for its 40th. It may be cheesy, but I love this series.

-24 Hour Party People (2002)
      I had never seen this, but I saw it turned 20 on Sunday and was on Tubi. It was really up my alley (covering especially the punk and post-punk scene from the Factory in Mancester, UK, but in a postmodern, fourth-wall-breaking way).

-Vegas Vacation (1997)
      Re-watched for its 25th anniversary. I remember being ready to walk out of this movie (I didn't) when I saw it as a teen in theaters despite loving #1 and 3 and liking #2. I heard certain fans re-evaluating and liking this, but I only moved from hate to finding certain bits worth it.

-Wayne's World (1992)
      Watched for the 30th anniversary. Thankfully, it was free on Youtube since I only have it on VHS and no VCR currently to play it. After also listening to my soundtrack CD, I still still in the mood and also Youtubed the sequel.

-Wayne's World 2 (1993)

-Ski Wolf (2008)
      My werewolf flick for the snow moon.

-Masters of the Universe (1987)
      Watched it as part of celebrating He-Man’s 40th anniversary (as a toy).

-Swamp Thing (1982)
      Watched for 40th anniversary.

-Whiplash (2014)

-War of the Monsters (1985)

-Logan (2017)

-Ghost Town (2008)

-Sailor Suit and Machine Gun (1981)

A small Yakuzu clan’s chairman dies and by the time they find the next in line, he too is dead leading only a high school girl to take over. More of a drama and not as over-the-top as you’d expect (she’s neither a total incompetent nor some blood-crazed butt kicker, but more like someone caught up in a conspiracy).

-Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins (2021)
      I didn’t hate this as an action/ninja flick, but it didn’t feel like a Joe film and I think it does more harm than good to SE’s character.

-Manhunter (1986)

-Room (2015)

-New York Ninja (1984/2021)
      So, Vinegar Syndrome found this unfinished ninjasploitation movie from the 80s that was not edited together and was missing the soundtrack. So, they edited it together and dubbed their own dialogue. Not amazing, but fun. Because of where/how I bought it, I got a signed half-sheet poster which includes Cynthia Rothrock (who voiced a cop in it).

-The Last Duel (2021)

-It's Alive 3: Island of the Alive (1987)

-Blood Harvest (1986)

-The China Syndrome (1979)

-Bryan Loves You (2008)

-Tales from the Hood (1995)

-Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022)

-[Rifftrax:] Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005/2007)

-[Rifftrax:] Icebreaker (2000/2016)

-[Rifftrax Live:] Hobgoblins (1988/2021)

-[Rifftrax:] The Phantom Creeps (1949/2018)

-[Rifftrax:] The Power (1984/2018)

-[Rifftrax:] Radical Jack (2000/2015)

-[Rifftrax:] Death Promise (1977/2015)

-[Cinematic Titanic:] Rattlers (1976/2012)
      Space Cop
      The Dandy
      Last edited by Space Cop; 04-08-2022, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Space Cop, I thinks it's safe to go back to posting individual movies now. Your in depth reviews and analysis of a film are what I look forward to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
          Space Cop, I thinks it's safe to go back to posting individual movies now. Your in depth reviews and analysis of a film are what I look forward to.
          Well, I did a little bit of that below for some of the new-to-me or significant ones. Anyway, here's a list of the ones I've watched for anniversaries (you can tell which by the year) in the past month or so:

-The Lawnmower Man (1992)
          “Virtual reality will grow, just as the telegraph grew to the telephone.”

-Silent Running (1972)
          “There is no more beauty, and there's no more imagination. And there are no frontiers left to conquer.”

-Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)
          “Something funny going on, you better check!”

-The Ghost of Frankenstein (1942)
          “Your father was Frankenstein, but your mother was the lightning!”
          [Not the best of Frank seqs, but with Lon as the monster and Bela as broke-neck Ygor, I can't complain.]

-The Godfather (1972)
          “In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns.”
          [still a favorite; watched with the fam]

-Nosferatu (1922)
          “Your wife has a beautiful neck.”
          [love getting to the time when we can celebrate centennials!]

-Resident Evil (2002)
          “I've been a bad, bad girl.”

-Basic Instinct (1992)

“How's your new book coming along?
          -It's practically writing itself.”

The African Queen (1951)
          “By the authority vested in me by Kaiser William the Second I pronounce you man and wife. Proceed with the execution.”
          [yeah, it technically premiered on December 26, 1951, but regular people couldn't see it until March, 1952]

-The French Connection (1971)
          “Okay, he's a good cop, he's basically a good cop, he's got good hunches every once in awhile.”

-Singin’ in the Rain (1952)
          "
          What do they think I am? Dumb or something? Why, I make more money than - than - than Calvin Coolidge! Put together!"
          [might surprise people, but this is one of those movies I dug from first viewing and is one of my favorite musicals--a genre/format that I'm more open to these last few years, while still not being my favorite]

-Conan the Barbarian (1982)
          "Conan! What is best in life?
          -To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women."
          [watched with the fam, who hadn't seen it in years, but I watch it about once a year and still love it]

-Grosse Pointe Blank (1997)
          "I'm sorry if I f**ked up your life.
          -It's not over yet."

Now, where are our other movie watchers?!
          Space Cop
          The Dandy
          Last edited by Space Cop; 04-09-2022, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• Avatar 2009. This was my second watch since i only saw it when it first came out. Fun film. Just curious how 3 more sequels will be. Not saying ill rush out to see them.
            .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• These were the movies I re-watched before Monster Mania to refresh myself on celebs I thought I might meet (only did for Jason 2 and Jason 12):

-The Breakfast Club (1984)
              “He can’t think for himself.
              -She’s right.”

-Friday the 13th Part II (1981)
              “I ought to let you hang, you pervert!”

-Re-Animator (1985)
              “I had to kill him!
              -What? He's dead?
              Not anymore.”

-The Warriors (1979)
              “The chicks are packed!”

-Friday the 13th (2009)
              “You got perfect nipple placement, baby.”

Comment

• Finally forced myself to finish eternals. I dont hate the characters its shot beautifully the concept was there but man oh man it was just all over the place. Personally i was more into dane Whitmans character and the celestials. Other than that horrible exeution. Maybe if they didnt go back and forth so much to the past and present i could have liked it. But it was slow and really dull. I still think thor the dark world is the worst mcu entry to date but damn. I wanted to like this. Im trying to force myself to finish shang chi but i dont know if i have enough weed to get through it.
                TazzMission
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by TazzMission; 04-10-2022, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Godzilla vs. the Thing (1964)
                  “It’s a matter of trust.”
                  [R.I.P. Takarada-san]

-Leprechaun (1993)
                  “F**k you, Lucky Charms!”
                  [my Saint Patrick’s day choice this year]

-Santo and Blue Demon vs. Dracula and the Wolf Man (1973)
                  “I am very handsome.”
                  [from my new Santo BD collection and my March full-moon pic]

Diary of a Hitman (1991)
                  “Maybe my job was a little different …”
                  [Decent if a bit wandering drama about a hitman, Forest Whitaker, torn over a job to kill a guy’s wife and baby. I had watched 2/3 of this on the day it was supposed to expire on Tubi months ago, but they must be on some weird time zone because I stopped it about 8 PM that day and when I tried to restart it, it was gone until this week.]

The Wizard (1989)
                  “I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.”

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                  ...Im trying to force myself to finish shang chi but i dont know if i have enough weed to get through it.
                  I didn't hate Shang Chi. Not the best, but not the worst. I'm not familiar with the source material really, though.
                  Space Cop
                  The Dandy
                  Last edited by Space Cop; 04-17-2022, 03:03 AM.

Comment

• Scream (2022)

scream-5-final-poster.jpeg?q=50&fit=crop&w=864&dpr=1.5.jpg

Comment

• -Wet Hot American Summer (2001)
                      “McKinley, there are some lower campers stuck in the ropes course. I meant to tell you about that yesterday, but could you get to it now?”
                      [I had heard of this as a cult favorite, but I don’t get it (unless it’s the show that’s popular). I thought it was meh. Some of the jokes worked, but most characters just seemed annoying.]

-Sleepwalkers (1992)
                      “Stop looking at me, you f***ing cat!”
                      [30th anniversary. Not a great film, but fun. Written by Stephen King.]

-[Rifftrax:] Anaconda (1997/2015)
                      “Just your standard anthropologist film producer who’s trained in the art of underwater propeller repair.”
                      [30th anniversary]

-Cape Fear (1962)
                      “You're gonna live a long life in a cage! That's where you belong and that's where you're going.”
                      [60th anniversary.]

-Don’t Breathe 2 (2021)
                      “God is fair.”
                      [Not great, but a decent watch. Goes from the horror of #1 more to a revenge flick.]
                      Space Cop
                      The Dandy
                      Last edited by Space Cop; 04-17-2022, 03:03 AM.

Comment

• I loved it but there doing scream 6 where its released next march. I love the franchise but how much more can they milk it? Is it that hard to create a new slasher?

Comment

• The Werewolf (1956)
                          0*hKv12qHr07RuTeji.jpg

“Doctors try to save people. The Law doesn't always have a choice.”
                          [My lycnanthropic pick for this pink moon. Watched with the fam for dinner and movie night.]

In Search of the Last Action Heroes (2019)
                          19c02c24-ec62-4bd3-a995-8cf160bb8036.a9345b41732accba19d6073528a5ebd4.jpeg?odnHeight=612&odnWidth=612&odnBg=FFFFFF.jpg

“Violence close up is horrible. Violence from a distance is beautiful.”
                          [From the team that does the horror docs. Looks at action as a genre from the late 70s to mid-90s. Free on Tubi right now.]

I loved it but there doing scream 6 where its released next march. I love the franchise but how much more can they milk it? Is it that hard to create a new slasher?
                          I wouldn't say I loved it, but I liked it and thought it easily better than #3. They could definitely end it there, though.
                          Space Cop
                          The Dandy
                          Last edited by Space Cop; 04-17-2022, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

I wouldn't say I loved it, but I liked it and thought it easily better than #3. They could definitely end it there, though.
                            As much as i love the trilogy and 3 being the weakest id say for me my order is 1 original scream 2. than the recent one is my number 2. with scream 2 being in 3rd scream 4 in number 4 and scream 3 as dead last number 5 in terms of favorite to worst. Apparently kirby from 4 survived i guess she was mentioned in the media. I didn't even know until someone posted about it. If scream ever does end you have to kill Sidney imo.
                            TazzMission
                            Guardian of the Universe
                            Last edited by TazzMission; 04-17-2022, 05:50 AM.

Comment

• Surf Nazis Must Die (1987)
                              surf-nazis-must-die.jpg

"Goofy footers are an inferior breed."

The Alpha Incident (1978)
                              hqdefault.jpg

“We weren’t in this together. We were alone.”

As much as i love the trilogy and 3 being the weakest id say for me my order is 1 original scream 2. than the recent one is my number 2. with scream 2 being in 3rd scream 4 in number 4 and scream 3 as dead last number 5 in terms of favorite to worst. Apparently kirby from 4 survived i guess she was mentioned in the media. I didn't even know until someone posted about it. If scream ever does end you have to kill Sidney imo.
                              Yeah, I heard about the Kirby thing and was surprised too. Off the top of my head, I'd say my ranking is 1, 4, 2, 5, 3. But I don't dislike any of them (including 3). 5 and 2 might get switched. I'd have to see it again and think about it.
                              Space Cop
                              The Dandy
                              Last edited by Space Cop; 04-19-2022, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Aladdin 92

Comment

Working...
                                X