This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)...I was kind of surprised by the introduction of the Necromancer and the Witch King of Angmar. I recognized the King's statue and the ghost looked familiar (the former familiar as a Nazgul design and the later from when we saw them as ghosts in Fellowship), but I didn't get a straight answer from my dad about the Necromancer; not sure he knows who it is, but I am now leaning towards it being Sauron, ...
    Do you want to know?

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
    I really should pick the The Hobbit novel and give it a read...
    Do. It's a quick read, being the only one truly written as a children's (though older children) book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      Do you want to know?
      No, I'll probably snag a cheap copy somewhere soon enough, and the film isn't far off anyway.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Comment

• Rock 'n' Roll High School (1979)

"Do your parents know that you're Ramones? "

I'm a sucker for this cheesy flick, probably partly due to the fact that there's lots of Ramones.

Comment

• Admission - Starring Tina Fey and Paul Rudd. Better than it sounds but nothing memorable.

Comment

• Alive and Ticking.

It starts with a cute teenage girl with Tourette's. She's got a lovably quirky family, but her disease gets her in awkward situations. When her dad loses her job, she tries to come up with ways to get money. And suddenly, the film gets massive mood whiplash, turns into a badly executed heist movie that hardly mentions her Tourette's at all. She doesn't get the money, so she follows the bank director on a hunch and discovers that he buried a bag somewhere in the woods. She finds the bag, there are two million Euros inside (about 2.5 million dollars), and everything is great.

What?

The second half of the movie was weird. It didn't fit the beginning at all. If it weren't for the lead actress, this movie would be forgettable and lame. Even she can't turn it into a great movie. So all in all, it's just... Meh.

Comment

• Piranha 3DD (2012)

"Bring me my legs!"

Goofy but with fun moments.

Comment

• Man of Steel

I enjoyed it less than the first time I saw it.
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Oz the Great and Powerful- A prequel of sorts to the Wizard of Oz illustrating how he came to be. I enjoyed this fun, little ride. It doesn't come close to the greatness that is the original, but it was still fun... and Rachel Weisz was great, but Mila Kunis was just okay.

Comment

• Godzilla: Tokyo SOS (2002)

"The souls of the dead can now rest in the cradle of eternity."

Prepping for GFest next week (the suit actor and suit designer of the Millennium series will be there).

Comment

• Just a fantastic movie. One of the kind of films where I couldn't find a flaw on my first viewing of it. I'm sure if I watched it again I could point out some things, but was too enthralled my first time through to notice.

And if you didn't like this movie, then you can Argo-fuck yourself

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Trouble Man (1972)

" Now I'm coming to get your honky ass!"

Early blaxploitation flick. Pretty cool character and pretty fast-paced.

Comment

• Total Recall 2012.

In all instances better done and less enjoyable than the Verhoeven version.

Comment

• Being a fan of cyberpunk I love the look of Total Recall remake, they really nailed that universe down so good, the rest not so much. It's strange sometimes I like the visual look of movie, even if it sucks.

If they ever do end up making that Deus Ex movie, I would hope it would have that same level of visuals.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

This movie was okay for a lazy summer's day. Basically, the world is definitely coming to an end, and there are people living as if there's no tomorrow, while some are living life as normal by going to work, etc. I thought since there was only a small amounts of riots and chaos this wasn't too realistic.

The ending was pretty predictable.

2.5/5
                                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Working...
                                X