Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud Atlas- It took me forever to get through this, and I really didn't get it. It was supposed to be an 'actions cause ripples through time' kind of thing. Some of the stories were entertaining, and others put me to sleep.

Comment

• That's disappointing. I had high hopes for this. I've got it on hold at the library, and should be getting it soonish.

Comment

• Maybe you'll like it. Keep in mind that it's about 3 hours long.

Comment

• I don't mind long, if it is entertaining. But if not....well, I have a hard enough time staying awake in the evenings as it is.

Comment

• Some of the stories are entertaining, but there are a couple that seem to be randomly placed, slow-paced, and have very little to do with the overall story. Perhaps this is because it took me a week to watch the whole thing.

Comment

• Well, at the very least, I guess it will be worth what I paid to watch it, right?

Comment

• That's a good way to look at it. Can't argue with 'free'.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
                    Being a fan of cyberpunk I love the look of Total Recall remake, they really nailed that universe down so good, the rest not so much. It's strange sometimes I like the visual look of movie, even if it sucks.

If they ever do end up making that Deus Ex movie, I would hope it would have that same level of visuals.
                    I agree on all accounts.

The Watch (2012)

You know, with less childish peepee and cum jokes, this could have been a cult classic, like The 'Burbs or Faculty (which I guess were two huge influences on this movie). Great actors (The IT Crowd's Richard Ayoade is great, Jonah Hill is great, R Lee Ermey is great, but Billy Crudup steals the show), nice gags, lines and plot twists (even if one of them creates a massive subplot hole)... And yet it's full of those ewwwwww moments. If this had been directed by Edgar Wright, he might have been able to tone the penis jokes down a bit, and we might have gotten another Hot Fuzz (which seems to be another massive influence). But as it stands, it's just slightly above average.

Comment

• Man of Steel (2013)

"A good death is its own reward."

I was pleased. I may try to catch up with the MOS thread but it would probably take me a couple hours at this point. So quick thoughts:

(1) Very glad they did a Kryptonian and not a Lex story.
                      (2) Faora had the best lines.
                      (3) Russel Crowe stole the show.
                      (4) I assume the 3D was post-conversion since it was not at all impressive.
                      Space Cop
                      The Dandy
                      Last edited by Space Cop; 07-03-2013, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                          I agree on all accounts.

The Watch (2012)

You know, with less childish peepee and cum jokes, this could have been a cult classic, like The 'Burbs or Faculty (which I guess were two huge influences on this movie). Great actors (The IT Crowd's Richard Ayoade is great, Jonah Hill is great, R Lee Ermey is great, but Billy Crudup steals the show), nice gags, lines and plot twists (even if one of them creates a massive subplot hole)... And yet it's full of those ewwwwww moments. If this had been directed by Edgar Wright, he might have been able to tone the penis jokes down a bit, and we might have gotten another Hot Fuzz (which seems to be another massive influence). But as it stands, it's just slightly above average.

Thanks for the review. I was about to watch this as it was playing on HBO, but I think I'll pass, but since it's a long weekend because of America's birthday, I may end up watching it on a lazy day.
                          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• its funny. Check your brain at the door like any movie with stiller and vaughn together.

Comment

• I'll do that if I end up watching it. Thanks.
                              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• It's not bad. It's just waaaaaay too vulgar.

Comment

Working...
                                X