Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last film you saw, vol. 6

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
    Homage, I assume?
    I liked the black and white prologue. It was a neat nod to 1939 version.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
      I liked the black and white prologue. It was a neat nod to 1939 version.
      As I said, I figured it was an homage. I think they were trying to recapture something of the feel of the original movie. I have yet to watch it, but from what I hear, they didn't do so well at that goal, if it was in fact a goal.

      I'll see it someday, but I'm a bit sad that it doesn't seem like they really made it very family friendly. The Oz books are definitely children's fare, and it seems a bit odd to make a movie that is too intense to bring the kiddies to.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        As I said, I figured it was an homage. I think they were trying to recapture something of the feel of the original movie. I have yet to watch it, but from what I hear, they didn't do so well at that goal, if it was in fact a goal.

        I'll see it someday, but I'm a bit sad that it doesn't seem like they really made it very family friendly. The Oz books are definitely children's fare, and it seems a bit odd to make a movie that is too intense to bring the kiddies to.
        OZ did try to sell itself as a family film though, however families only made about 41% of the audiences on it's opening weekend.

        Surprisingly though 43% of it’s attended audience on its opening weekend was couples.

        It’s fairly harmless too as a movie.
        Mister.Weirdo
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 07-16-2013, 12:40 AM.

        Comment




        • Boring and predictable.

          Comment


          • Time,Space and Will Power

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
              OZ did try to sell itself as a family film though, however families only made about 41% of the audiences on it's opening weekend.
              Odd, the previews I saw didn't LOOK like it was selling itself as a family film. Seemed a bit dark in tone. From what I hear, it was considerably LESS family friendly than the original. I'll definitely be previewing it before showing it to the kids.

              Comment


              • The Hills Have Eyes II (2007)

                "Dead is never better."

                Comment




                • Had been years since I watched it. So interesting to watch a movie I loved as a kid, and appreciate it for whole new reasons as an adult. Just a huge technological achievement, without losing the components that make a great film.

                  Also, if any movie ever provided a reason for the term "hard PG", it's this one.


                  Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

                  Comment


                  • i put this movie on for the kids just so they could see what was the inspiration for a disney ride they like, and they've wanted to watch it al least twice a week for the last 3 weeks.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                      Had been years since I watched it. So interesting to watch a movie I loved as a kid, and appreciate it for whole new reasons as an adult. Just a huge technological achievement, without losing the components that make a great film.
                      This is actually showing at the local cheap theater this weekend, so I'm planning on seeing it on the big screen again.

                      Comment


                      • Malice in Wonderland (2009)

                        "Insanity is not a plea. It's a way of life!"

                        I loved this. It's a fun re-imagining of Alice where she is hit by a cab, loses her memory, and falls into a semi-surreal British underworld. The versions of white rabbit (an enterprising London cabby) and the Caterpillar (a Rastafarian drug dealer) were particularly clever.

                        Comment




                        • What a freaking fantastic movie. I got sucked into the world that Del Toro created. I thought that most of the characters were interesting, and the action was some of the best I’ve seen all year. This is definitely one of my favorite movies of 2013.

                          Michael Bay eat your heart out.

                          Comment


                          • Comment


                            • A masterpiece.

                              Comment




                              • FINALLY!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X