This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
    Wow, don't insult Cars or W. West will go full tilt and start making wild accusations like The Incredibles is overrated. If anything, the movie is underrated.

^THIS.

Comment

• I enjoyed Cars, myself. And, unlike the sequel, I never got the impression that the main reason it existed was to sell merchandise. I think the merchandise being a hit led to the second movie, but I don't think it was the impetus for the first.

Comment

• Cars and Toy Story are the ones that are easiest for them to market with toys, and people started collecting the cars like they were hot wheels really led to the merchandise taking off and like Mr. Ed I think thats what led to part 2. I think incredibles was always meant to be self contained, I mean we dont really need to see more adventures of the aging Mr. Incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
          Cars and Toy Story are the ones that are easiest for them to market with toys, and people started collecting the cars like they were hot wheels really led to the merchandise taking off and like Mr. Ed I think thats what led to part 2. I think incredibles was always meant to be self contained, I mean we dont really need to see more adventures of the aging Mr. Incredible.

Not necessarily, but perhaps seeing a resurgence in the superhuman community...

...and Violet and Dash trying to get in on the action of being superheroes like their parents...

...Mr. Incredible and Elasti-Girl having to hand over the torch to the new generation...

That could be something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
            I mean we dont really need to see more adventures of the aging Mr. Incredible.
            Yes. Yes we do. And his whole family. And Frozone.

By all accounts, Monsters University is a good flick, but I did a serious double take when I heard Monsters, Inc. was getting a sequel (which turned out to be a prequel, yes, I know), before Incredibles did. Talk about self-contained. Monsters, Inc. had nowhere really to go from the ending of the last movie (which is why they went back for a prequel, I'd guess).

I STILL can't believe that we are going to be getting "Finding Dory" before an Incredibles sequel. I thought that one was a joke when I first heard of it...

Comment

• Yeah, as much as I loved Finding Nemo (my personal favorite Pixar movie), Finding Dory just doesn't seem right. And less of a stretch than Incredibles 2; which would have all sorts of directions to go. You have a Superhero universe to build upon!

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• To look at it from the perspective of a kid, which i only have my kids to go from Cars, Monsters Inc. and Finding Nemo are some of the favorites. They have the incredibles available to watch, but they never ask for it.

I know thats not representative of all households but it does show me why these other movies are getting picked first. I do remember pixar coming out at one point, i think around the time cars 2 came out and said there is pretty much no intention to do an incredibles movie.

Comment

• Not quite. They said they won't be doing another Incredibles movie without Brad Bird. It is kind of up to him. He said he won't do it unless he can come up with an idea superior to the original film, but he has on more than one occasion said that he IS trying to think of such an idea, and he WOULD like to make another. He's just not trying to rush it, and Pixar won't do it without him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                    Well...that certainly colors my view of your taste in movies going forward.

It isn't my favorite Pixar film, but it is certainly up there.
                    It is mine. I admit that is likely due to my comic book fanboyness, but I still think it's a good movie and probably their most adult.

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                    ...Toy Story can go on for as long as it wants. I am content with that, as well...
                    I probably agree. I mean I'd have to see a Toy Story 7 to know if I want a Toy Story 8, but I have to say they've only gotten better.

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                    Not necessarily, but perhaps seeing a resurgence in the superhuman community...
                    ...and Violet and Dash trying to get in on the action of being superheroes like their parents...
                    ...Mr. Incredible and Elasti-Girl having to hand over the torch to the new generation...
                    That could be something.
                    This, this, and this. Sure, the Mr. and Mrs. could be at retirement age. That universe has a lot of potential. Sure, #1 doesn't require a #2, but neither did Toy Story (and certainly not Cars).

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      It is mine. I admit that is likely due to my comic book fanboyness, but I still think it's a good movie and probably their most adult.
                      Not sure I'd go that far, with Wall-E and Up in their lineup.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Up is awesome. That might be my favorite Pixar film. I'm not sure I've ever sat down and forced myself to pick definitively.

My mom's favorite, last I checked, was Ratatouille, which I also thoroughly enjoy.

But if they make an Up 2, (or a Ratatouille Deux), I'll be scratching my head. I won't say I would dismiss it as a horrible idea, since Pixar has earned my trust, but I'd be at a loss as to how you would make such a film work.

Comment

• The Life of Brian.

I had completely forgotten that there are aliens in this movie. Still, the best thing against depressions. Especially when coupled with a Blackforest Cherry Cake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                            The Life of Brian.

I had completely forgotten that there are aliens in this movie. Still, the best thing against depressions. Especially when coupled with a Blackforest Cherry Cake.

"always look on the briiiiiight siiiide of liiiife..."

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                              Not sure I'd go that far, with Wall-E and Up in their lineup.
                              That's true and I gladly concede the point. I wasn't consciously remembering either as I wrote that. I just remember when Incredible came out thinking "this is so much less kid-orriented."
                              Space Cop
                              The Dandy
                              Last edited by Space Cop; 07-19-2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Terminator: Salvation (2009)

"You want to know the difference between us and machines? We bury our dead."

So, this is only my second time watching this. I definitely liked it more this go around. I still don't like that John isn't the outright leader of the Resistance. All 3 of the previous films told us that there was no resistance at all until John started and led it. He didn't join it and take orders. At any rate, all the stuff from Marcus' escape and on is cool. Also, the new terminators are all really cool (love the big robot).

Comment

Working...
                                X