X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      Well...that certainly colors my view of your taste in movies going forward.

It isn't my favorite Pixar film, but it is certainly up there.
      I enjoyed it too but its not in my top 5.

Comment

• ns2
        Your Clash At Demonhead
        Last edited by ns2; 07-20-2013, 01:49 AM.
        Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

• Okay, seriously, this was just posted today:

Disney Needs to Make This Sequel (The Incredibles)

Comment

• King Kong Escapes (1968)

"He's had enough of what we call 'civilization.'"

Comment

• Is John Dies at the End any good?

Comment

• Not a horrible movie, but not really all that good either. It's so scatter-shot and all over the place. Never taking any real time to flesh anything out. The first one is much better.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Pacific Rim (2013)

"It looks dead, but I want to check its pulse."

Goddamn, this was a good film. They actually come up with some really great answers for stuff; I was surprised at how thought-through a lot of the material was.

Both the Jaegers and the Kaiju were good, and I liked the whole "second brain" design that they created for the Kaiju: it made a lot of sense and was a good addition to the mythos.

Probably the only issue I had was that, during the double Kaiju fight (first one), they seem to really quickly forget that they have two to deal with and not just one. I was asking myself, "Shouldn't they be keeping an eye on both since they clearly know two came through?" Other than that, film was very, very satisfying.

The actors did a great job, and I especially loved Pearlman. DEM SHOES! (And isn't Dr. Herman the guy who played the douchey FBI agent in The Frighteners?)

Very highly recommend.
                  Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Lady Snowblood: Love Song of Vengeance (1974)

"Without blood you are just snow, which easily melts into the dirt."

Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973)

"Godzilla and Jaguar punch, punch, punch. Don't cry, let's do our best!"
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 07-21-2013, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Phantom of the Paradise (1974)

"I know drug real from real real."

Netflixed this based on Agent Purple's recommendation and I have to agree this way underrated. I particularly liked Gerrit Graham as Beef. Good overall with several references to classic horror.

Comment

• Watching it, all I could think is what a missed opportunity it was that Dylan Baker never got to take his place as the rightful Lizard. Just a damn shame for such a legend.

Comment

• Okay, Dylan Baker is not a legend. Stop it.

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                            Pacific Rim (2013)

"It looks dead, but I want to check its pulse."

Goddamn, this was a good film. They actually come up with some really great answers for stuff; I was surprised at how thought-through a lot of the material was.

Both the Jaegers and the Kaiju were good, and I liked the whole "second brain" design that they created for the Kaiju: it made a lot of sense and was a good addition to the mythos.

Very highly recommend.
                            /cosigned

and for every word too.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                            Probably the only issue I had was that, during the double Kaiju fight (first one), they seem to really quickly forget that they have two to deal with and not just one. I was asking myself, "Shouldn't they be keeping an eye on both since they clearly know two came through?" Other than that, film was very, very satisfying.

The actors did a great job, and I especially loved Pearlman. DEM SHOES! (And isn't Dr. Herman the guy who played the douchey FBI agent in The Frighteners?)
                            yea, I thought that as well; I suppose it was 1 of those necessary "derppity-derp-derp" moments some movies have in order to get to a certain point a certain way......

and yur thinking of Jeffrey Combs, as that FBI agent.

however, PR wasnt the only film I saw this wk-end:

the above was from 1 of the best scenes from The Conjuring, and honestly its also 1 of the creepiest Ive ever seen in my life (ppl in the theater jumped when *this* happened.

this movie was just simply really REALLY well done.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974)

"Professor: This material can only be space titanium.
                              Shimizu: Space titanium? [pause] ... You mean it's from outer space?
                              Professor: Uhum."

Comment

• Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                                Okay, Dylan Baker is not a legend. Stop it.

Comment

Working...
                                X