Clear All
    Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    F9: The Fast Saga (2021)
    maxresdefault.jpg

“Be precise in life. It makes all the difference.”

[Rifftrax Live:] Star Raiders: The Adventures of Saber Raine (2017/2019)
    RiffTraxLiveStarRaiders_YouTube1280x720.jpg

“Go to Hell production values.”

Things to Do in Denver When You’re Dead (1995)
    20067045.jpg

“I am Godzilla! You are Japan!”

The Amusement Park (1975/2021)
    e3x3e1ux0akfwaz.jpg?w=1024.jpg

“One day, you will be old.”
    —A lost George Romero film finally restored recently. About an hour long, it symbolically deals with the mistreatment of the elderly by showing different scenarios in an amusement park.

Wilczyca [She-Wolf] (1983)
    WILCZYCA_POL_740x.jpg?v=1612732692.jpg
    “What does she want from me, for God’s sake? It’s true I beat her and called her b***h. And she said, ‘I won’t be a b***h, but a she-wolf.’”
    —Polish werewolf movie I picked for the Sturgeon (super)moon. Demonic curse-based period piece.

Leave a comment:

• robojac
    Corps Honor Guard

• robojac
    replied
    Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness (2022)

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    Unforgiven (1992)
    e90c5988-7872-4a51-92ac-77b64fc22443_1.ccadb66194f8e892b22f1ae19b48d590.jpeg?odnHeight=612&odnWidth=612&odnBg=FFFFFF.jpg

“I heard that one myself, Bob. Hell, I even thought I was dead 'til I found out it was just that I was in Nebraska.”
    —30th anniversary.

[Joe Bob Briggs’ The Last Drive-In:] The Love Witch (2016)
    lw-2.jpg

“Men are like children.”

[Rifftrax Live:] Amityville Horror 4: The Evil Escapes (1989/2021)
    RiffTraxLiveAmityville_1920x1080Social_2.jpg

“Amityville 4 was a book first, huh? So, this is like the movie adaptation of the novelization of the sequel to a movie.
    -All the best ones are.”

Needful Things (1993)
    Needful-Things-Movie-Poster-1993.jpg

“I'm afraid I have a tendency to turn up the heat.”

Green Lantern: Beware My Power (2022)
    IMG_8108.jpg

“Of all the hokey, lame-a** things . . . ”
    —Thoughts in the appropriate thread.

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
    . . . Found the Tubi app a few weeks ago and it was downhill from there . . .
    Tubi has a great selection for being a free (with ads) app. I use them frequently they have a lot of MST3K/Rifftrax and a lot of real cult movies.

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
    Assuming im not on ignore i agree with everything you just said. The predators face was cgi wich is why it looked not right. As i said in the Prey thread . Imagine how bass ass it would be set in the Viking age? One person on YouTube even suggested the samurai age . Keep predator with period pieces because theres so much you can play with
    Disappointed to hear about the CGI face, but hearing so much good that I'm still looking forward to seeing this.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 08-10-2022, 01:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff View Post
    Prey (2022)

"If it bleeds.... we can kill it."

I've watched about 200 movies in the last month, indulging in heroin for the eyes. Pretty much cleared out all of the ScyFy movies, any sea creature themed movie I could find, alligators, crocodiles, snakes, and any combination of the species. Found the Tubi app a few weeks ago and it was downhill from there.

But this movie here....has exceeded all my expectations, wonderfully written, acted, and the location scenery was gorgeous. The Comanche tribe scenes were beautiful. It was so good I wanted to drop a word about it here. If I had a legitimate gripe (and this is very small potatoes), it would be about the actual Predator himself- There was something off about the face I can't quite put my finger on. Like maybe it was a newer (older?) Version? It just gave me an unrecognizable vibe since most of the Predators on film since 1987 have fallen into 1 of 2 categories. Like, there's the Great white shark and the Mako shark. You instinctively know the difference, but throw in a bonnet shark and it might put you off a bit, dig?

They used some awesome callback scenes to the other Predator movies respectfully, both in dialogue and imagery. It wasn't just rehashed, it became alive again with new blood. Brother and Sister duo for the win. And then Sister takes to home plate.

Highly recommended for so many reasons.
    Assuming im not on ignore i agree with everything you just said. The predators face was cgi wich is why it looked not right. As i said in the Prey thread . Imagine how bass ass it would be set in the Viking age? One person on YouTube even suggested the samurai age . Keep predator with period pieces because theres so much you can play with

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    Guardian of the Universe

• Jeff
    replied
    Prey (2022)

"If it bleeds.... we can kill it."

I've watched about 200 movies in the last month, indulging in heroin for the eyes. Pretty much cleared out all of the ScyFy movies, any sea creature themed movie I could find, alligators, crocodiles, snakes, and any combination of the species. Found the Tubi app a few weeks ago and it was downhill from there.

But this movie here....has exceeded all my expectations, wonderfully written, acted, and the location scenery was gorgeous. The Comanche tribe scenes were beautiful. It was so good I wanted to drop a word about it here. If I had a legitimate gripe (and this is very small potatoes), it would be about the actual Predator himself- There was something off about the face I can't quite put my finger on. Like maybe it was a newer (older?) Version? It just gave me an unrecognizable vibe since most of the Predators on film since 1987 have fallen into 1 of 2 categories. Like, there's the Great white shark and the Mako shark. You instinctively know the difference, but throw in a bonnet shark and it might put you off a bit, dig?

They used some awesome callback scenes to the other Predator movies respectfully, both in dialogue and imagery. It wasn't just rehashed, it became alive again with new blood. Brother and Sister duo for the win. And then Sister takes to home plate.

Highly recommended for so many reasons.

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992)
    Buffy_The_Vampire_Slayer_Movie.jpg

“Does the word "duh" mean anything to you?”
    —30th anniversary.

Spawn (1997)
    pst2879_Spawn_Movie_Poster_large.jpg?v=1622032746.jpg
    “Have you looked in a mirror lately, burnt man walking? Even the entire cast of "E.R." couldn't put you back together again.”
    —25th anniversary.

Elvis: The Way It Is (1970)
    c21bc891-5908-4d9b-a323-4d350b5cfd1e.jpg

“Kill that blower, or blow that killer. Whatever.”
    -Documentary covering the King's 1970 Vegas concert series. About 1/3 is behind-the-scenes and the rest concert footage.

The Last House on the Left (1972)
    LastHousePoster.jpg

“How’d we get into the sex-crime business anyway?”
    —50th anniversary.

Dog (2022)
    Dog-Blu-ray.Cover_.jpg

“You saved my life.”

Leave a comment:

• robojac
    Corps Honor Guard

• robojac
    replied
    Presumed Innocent (1990)

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    [Rifftrax:] Sisters of Death (1976/2014)
    SistersOfDeath_Web.jpg

“The director wanted his film to look like a lesser episode of Columbo.

White Zombie (1932)
    maxresdefault.jpg

“I thought that beauty alone would satisfy. But the soul is gone. I can't bear those empty, staring eyes.”
    —90th anniversary.

The Giant Behemoth (1959)
    MV5BOTRlOWVkNDctMTdhZi00NzZhLThlOWUtMTJlZTU5YTIxNTYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc4Njg5MjA@._V1_SY1000_CR0013281000_AL_.jpg?resize=418%2C315&ssl=1.jpg

“One thing is sure. Something has happened here that isn't in the book. Something came out of the ocean and now has gone back into.”

Memory: The Origins of Alien (2019)
    memory.png

“When a story comes from multiple people, and beyond the agency of multiple people, it has a special existence.”
    —Not a straight making-of documentary as such, but more a look at how O’Bannon, Giger, and Scott came to together to create the work and what those themes are. On Shudder. Recommend for fans of Alien and those who like to think deeper on their sci-fi/horror.

Creature from the Haunted Sea (1961)
    maxresdefault.jpg
    "
    It was dusk. I could tell because the sun was going down."
    -Goofy Roger Corman satire. I saw it 5 years ago, but my mother DVRed it and wanted to watch something with the fam, so I subjected myself again. The creature is kind of fun in its cheapness.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 07-31-2022, 01:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• robojac
    Corps Honor Guard

• robojac
    replied
    Howard The Duck (1986)

robojac
    Corps Honor Guard
    Last edited by robojac; 07-30-2022, 06:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    Sinister 2 (2015)
    p11670095_p_v8_ak.jpg
    "
    How do you make the dreams stop?"
    Alright. I liked how they explored the mythology/rules a but more.

Blacula (1972)
    Blacula-large.jpg
    "He's one strange dude."
    50th anniversary (July 26).

Nightwing (1979)
    4c67145b5622568696b7f8bfdbc87d8a.jpg
    "
    The winged animals are Yehwah's messengers."
    R.I.P. David Warner.

Air Force One (1997)
    Air_Force_One_1995_original_film_art_5000x.jpg?v=1562541357.jpg

Peace isn't merely the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.”
    –Re-watched with the fam for its 25th anniversary.

The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (1982)
    d87fc915a6955a618ca7bd8ec4222f4e.jpg
    "Well, I always just thought if you see somebody without a smile, give 'em yours!"
    -40th anniversary. For an R-rated musical about the sex business, it's really quite sweet.

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
    What makes Plan 9 so "good," so to speak, is that it's fast paced. If it were slow, it would be unwatchable.
    Yeah, it's only an hour and 18 minutes long with a bunch of characters and frequent cutting. It's too fun to truly be the worst movie ever. Whatever the worst movie is, it's something you'd stop and never finish.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 07-28-2022, 01:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Trey Strain
    Guardian of the Universe

• Trey Strain
    replied
    What makes Plan 9 so "good," so to speak, is that it's fast paced. If it were slow, it would be unwatchable.

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    Joe Kidd (1972)
    Walk a straight line through a cow pasture you gotta step in some cow pies, but you get where you're going.”
    —Watched with the fam for the 50th.

Tube (2003)
    “Is your heart as messy as your bag?”
    —An alright Korean actioner about an assassin who hijacks a subway train and the rogue cop who has a history with him. Might have the funniest stereotypical fed-up captain. This guy literally starts climbing over his own desk while chewing out the main guy.

[Rifftrax:] Arachnia (2003/2016)
    “Holy sh*t. Gasoline; it’s gonna to blow.
    —‘It’s gonna blow’ is what every crew member told their family while working on this film.”

Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959)
    "What plan will you follow next?"
    —One of two movies I watch for the anniversary no matter whether it's a milestone or not (like 63).

Twister’s Revenge (1988)

“Nobody likes a smart**s truck.”
    —The last feature from Arrow's Bill Rebane set. A lot of the humor fell flat for me, but alright.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 07-26-2022, 03:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• robojac
    Corps Honor Guard

• robojac
    replied
    Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021)

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied

Moon of the Wolf (1972)
    moon-of-the-wolf.jpg?w=829.jpg
    “You’ve got a murder on your hands.
    -Great. Just what I need.”

My choice for this month's super Buck Moon. Had to watch a short(ish) werewolf I could stream while in my hotel. A TV movie I had seen before.

Mad God (2022)
    large_mad-god-movie-poster-2022.jpg
    "Your land shall become a desolation and your cities a ruin."
    -Phil Tippit's stop-motion passion project. Weird (surreal) and sick, but good. On Shudder only, for now.

Godzilla, King of the Monsters (1956)
    4926376181420436.jpg
    "Neither man nor his machines are able to stop this creature."
    -Last movie in prep for GFest.

Dredd (2012)
    dredd_header.jpg
    "Twelve serious crimes reported every minute. Seventeen thousand per day. We can respond to around six percent."
    -10th anniversary.

Cowgirls vs. Pterodactyls (2021)
    maxresdefault.jpg
    ”Yea, horses!”
    -Midnight Movie Madness at GFest XXVII. Low-budget indie stop motion.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 07-19-2022, 09:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• robojac
    Corps Honor Guard

• robojac
    replied
    The Terminal (2004)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X