TV Talk Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo.

I dont remem hearing about this earlier in the year, so I'll share it now: https://ew.com/tv/2019/02/05/scrubs-...gnosed-cancer/

Scrubs actor Sam Lloyd diagnosed with lung cancer, brain tumor
    TLDR- "Ted" is really, really sick.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Yo.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...214549147.html

Kevin Smith Unveils Plans For ‘Masters Of The Universe: Revelation’ Anime Series At Netflix

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• ^Yep, psyched for that.

+ YouTube Video
        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• Moved by me from Last Film.

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
          Chucky tv series. Oddly it works . Campy but works. Usa allows f bombs now.._. Times really have changed
          I don’t watch a lot of TV (besides wrestling), so someone else can answer this better, but I think there’s strict rules about that. I remember Breaking Bad (which is obviously years ago now) got a certain number for the whole season and planned them very carefully. Like Chucky, they were post primetime and cable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            Moved by me from Last Film.

I don’t watch a lot of TV (besides wrestling), so someone else can answer this better, but I think there’s strict rules about that. I remember Breaking Bad (which is obviously years ago now) got a certain number for the whole season and planned them very carefully. Like Chucky, they were post primetime and cable.
            I could be wrong but i think Chucky is on late at night at 9 or 10 pm. I watched it illegally but both Usa Aaaaand syfy collaborated on it since its on both channels
            .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Yep. 10 pm on USA and SyFy simultaneously. I DVRed it from my parents' cable, but I haven't decided whether I'm going to watch it individually or wait to hear if it's good and binge a season. If Brad Dourif wasn't voicing Chucky I wouldn't even bother, but he is.

Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 10-13-2021, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Yep. 10 pm on USA and SyFy simultaneously. I DVRed it from my parents' cable, but I haven't decided whether I'm going to watch it individually or wait to hear if it's good and binge a season. If Brad Dourif wasn't voicing Chucky I wouldn't even bother, but he is.

Honestly at first i was like how can this work but its good. Also todays era is different because fx allows f bombs with mayans mc a sons of anarchy spinoff where its f that every 5 minutes. Kind of weird on how whats allowed on tv for exmple walking dead. Amc isn shy about gore but bleeps the f bombs. Who makes these decisions? Im not saying Amc ban gore but look at the odd decision making on what is and isnt acceptable for a viewing audience
                TazzMission
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by TazzMission; 10-13-2021, 02:29 PM.
                .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

^Yep, psyched for that.

+ YouTube Video
                  ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                  I'm curious, what did you think of this series, now that the first group of episodes is out?

I didn't have a huge attachment to the original (though I did watch it as a kid, I never had any figures), but I thought this was decent (though the cliffhanger struck me as a very lazy, cliched way to try to shock people).

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                    I'm curious, what did you think of this series, now that the first group of episodes is out?

I didn't have a huge attachment to the original (though I did watch it as a kid, I never had any figures), but I thought this was decent (though the cliffhanger struck me as a very lazy, cliched way to try to shock people).
                    Most people who are as into MotU as I am hated it, but I actually liked it. It was fun and had a lot of nice nods (especially to the toys). I love seeing Scareglow and Orko has a better story here than in the original cartoon.

I wouldn't want it to be the one-and-only official continuation of the Filmation series, but they've made it clear that it's not (both in the content and in the more recent press info). Unfortunately, their early promo made it sound like that's exactly what it is and a lot of the backlash seems to be because of that.

Anyway, I look forward to the ending. Obviously, they're not going to [spoilers] keep He-Man dead.

Comment

• Did you watch the other new Netflix He-Man offering? The one with a team of "Masters of the Universe" that all power up like He-Man and Battle Cat? I forget the actual name. (EDIT: It is just called "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" like the original series was.)

I thought it was fine kids' fare, but it definitely seemed like a significant departure from the original.
                      Mister Ed
                      Horse of a Different Color
                      Last edited by Mister Ed; 10-13-2021, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Joseph LoDuca Scoring USA’s & Syfy’s ‘Chucky’ TV Series

Joseph LoDuca (The Evil Dead, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, Xena: Warrior Princess) is returning as the composer of the new USA and Syfy original series Chucky. The show is created by Don Mancini (Child’s Play) and stars Zackary Arthur, Teo Briones, Alyvia Alyn Lind, Björgvin Arnarson, Devon Sawa, as well as Brad Dourif as the voice of Chuky. The horror series is set in an idyllic American town that is thrown into chaos after a vintage ‘Good Guy’ doll turns up at a suburban yard sale and a series of horrifying murders begin to expose the town’s deep hypocrisies and hidden secrets. Mancini is also executive producing the project with David Kirschner (Hocus Pocus, Frailty), Nick Antosca (The Act, Channel Zero), Alex Hedlund and Harley Peyton (Project Blue Book). LoDuca has previously scored the Mancini-directed Chucky features, Curse of Chucky and Cult of Chucky. The Chucky TV series is premiering tonight and will air every Tuesday night on USA and Syfy.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2021/10...cky-tv-series/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                          Did you watch the other new Netflix He-Man offering? The one with a team of "Masters of the Universe" that all power up like He-Man and Battle Cat? I forget the actual name. (EDIT: It is just called "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" like the original series was.)

I thought it was fine kids' fare, but it definitely seemed like a significant departure from the original.
                          I haven't yet, but I'm going to. Since I don't have kids (or even young relatives I hang with), it hasn't been a priority. Not sure if I'll get to it, though, before my break period (I'm cancelling Instant Netflix for a while to save some bucks starting in two weeks).

Comment

• /\ I saw that quite by accident (I had no idea it existed until I saw it listed on Netflix one day). It was ok. Odd character reinterpretation, I think some were taken from that series of toys/cartoon where He-Man and Skeletor battled it out in space on a planet other than Eternia. I never actually saw that cartoon, but I remember the toys.

Comment

Most people who are as into MotU as I am hated it, but I actually liked it. It was fun and had a lot of nice nods (especially to the toys). I love seeing Scareglow and Orko has a better story here than in the original cartoon.

I wouldn't want it to be the one-and-only official continuation of the Filmation series, but they've made it clear that it's not (both in the content and in the more recent press info). Unfortunately, their early promo made it sound like that's exactly what it is and a lot of the backlash seems to be because of that.

Anyway, I look forward to the ending. Obviously, they're not going to [spoilers] keep He-Man dead.

Yeah, I agree with that. Additionally, there were not enough episodes in the series (5 or 6? Really?) and Kevin Smith seems to have already jumped the shark on this one, so to speak. He's got a large mess to clean up in season 2. But I did get 2 new figures out of this- Evil-lyn and Skeletor, which are pretty cool in their own right.

My advice to Kevin Smith: scrap this (whatever this is) and continue the 200x continuity, which I guess a lot of fans would like.

Comment

• I've watched so many TV shows and movies in the past month, it's crazy.

For anime, I've watched:
                                GoLion
                                Dairugger XV

Aura Battler Dunbine
                                Dragonar

And I'm just now starting to get into the first Gundam show, which I can see the influence over everything that came after it just from the first 5 episodes. Take a look at this:
                                The Gundam White base:
                                https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/gu...20201105140516

And then Transformers Fortress Maximus Battle base:
                                https://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2...x_shipmode.jpg

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few other anime shows as well. Someday, I need to compile a list.

On the other end of things, I've started the Hawkeye show, Kept up with the latest season of Legacies, and watched the first 2 seasons of The Witcher with Henry Cavill which is just about the best darn show I've seen in a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X