• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    I'm surprised you even checked this thread out.

Yeah, I actually prefer good to win or at least to have some good survive (but I do enjoy some of the alternative anyway).
    Personally id like to see evil win because good always does not just in horror but overall. Perfect example the power rangers franchise. You never get a evil wins outcome. Right now they brought back lord zedd as evil despite being turned good after zordon dies and his good essence affects all evil in power rangers in space

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
    Almost more than the violence and gore, this is the aspect of many horror movies that really makes them impossible for me to enjoy, the tendency for them to have evil triumph in the end, or if not triumph, at least constantly fail to be defeated. I can put up with a lot more unpleasantness when the bad guys definitely lose in the end.
    I'm surprised you even checked this thread out.

Yeah, I actually prefer good to win or at least to have some good survive (but I do enjoy some of the alternative anyway).

Part of the problem, say in the slasher genre, is that evil is defeated, but the movie makes so much money the studio insists on a sequel and they have to "undo" the defeat. This has happened so often that even if it's final, the audience doesn't believe it.

Leave a comment:

• Mister Ed
    Horse of a Different Color

• Mister Ed
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff View Post
    I could live with him being killed off now, and then coming back in a rebooted but totally different time line. But he does need to die in the next movie. Like seriously, if he doesn't die, I'm selling all my Halloween dvds and totally divorcing myself of the entire franchise.
    Almost more than the violence and gore, this is the aspect of many horror movies that really makes them impossible for me to enjoy, the tendency for them to have evil triumph in the end, or if not triumph, at least constantly fail to be defeated. I can put up with a lot more unpleasantness when the bad guys definitely lose in the end.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    Guardian of the Universe

• Jeff
    replied
    5. OR you can bypass steps 1 through 4 and seal the bastard up *without* any loopholes for him to escape,, haul him out to the sea, get a great white shark frenzy going ("come chum some of this shit!") And drop the fucker in the middle of it. But you have to really get those sharks thrashing angry mad. Also make sure they are 20 feet or longer. And don't go out on a goddamn boat. Use a frigging aircraft carrier or oil tanker or something.

I'm changing one little detail in this scenario: replace the white sharks with Bull sharks. Whites are more of a "feeler" shark; once they figure out you're not a seal, they lose interest for the most part. Bulls, on the other hand, have testosterone levels going through the roof. Of all the shark attacks recorded since the recordings began, Bulls are usually the culprit. They even swim upstream in fresh water, which prompted many people to believe they were responsible for the 1916 Jersey Shore attacks which were originally attributed to the whites.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    Guardian of the Universe

• Jeff
    replied
    You guys want to hear the most destructive horrifying version of the Halloween theme? Check out my homeboy Trent:

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    Just listened to that on Youtube. Very cool.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Leave a comment:

• TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    ^I have to hear it more. I liked what I noticed, but it hasn't stuck yet. I did know Carpenter and his son were did it.
    Theres a extended version wich is 8 minutes. Tom jones jr was loomis under a 12 piece prosthetic. Thats fn amazing.
    TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by TazzMission; 10-18-2021, 01:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    ^I have to hear it more. I liked what I noticed, but it hasn't stuck yet. I did know Carpenter and his son were did it.

Leave a comment:

• TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    I love the new theme expecially that riff. Hoping to make it my phone tone so it plays when i enter work

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    EDIT: An English horror Youtuber (not professional) I follow did a pretty good (though long) review I mostly agreed with. He's about as negative as Jeff:

+ YouTube Video

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
    I understand. I actually just rewatched rob zombies version before work because people thought kills was worse. I think theres some decent things in zombies version but i hated the whole white trash domestic crap. I think had he not opened with that it Could of been better. I give zombie credit for trying but hopefully his munsters film is better
    When I first saw Zombie’s remake I really dug it and liked the aspect (for a change, not a necessity) of giving him a background. But I hated the second one (even upon re-watch) and now have kind of soured to both. I re-watched it when I went through the whole series again (after getting the Blu rays), but don’t feel inclined to just pick it up randomly.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 10-17-2021, 12:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    You’re absolutely right. I forgot that bit about him being 21. I thought it was 18 (probably because they’re both “legal” ages), but as soon as you “said” it I remembered.

No, I agree, although 7 was made originally to end that continuity, but they chickened out with 8.

I just don’t like that they present this idea of him being immortal without really proving it (because they didn’t do something totally un-healable like behead or explode him). I would’ve been cool if it ended like the last one (or for that matter 1, 4, 6, and 8) where it could be that he’s dead or not. I just don’t like them ending a movie with the bad guy totally on top.

But there were a lot of good points in this movie. The mob mentality thing was great. And there were a lot of clever kills (like the light tube).
    I understand. I actually just rewatched rob zombies version before work because people thought kills was worse. I think theres some decent things in zombies version but i hated the whole white trash domestic crap. I think had he not opened with that it Could of been better. I give zombie credit for trying but hopefully his munsters film is better
    TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by TazzMission; 10-17-2021, 01:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    Guardian of the Universe

• Jeff
    replied
    I doubt he dies because its supposedly reported Curtis stated in contracts he cant be killed off. Im not sure if legitimate or just people online bsing. Even if they do kill him he will be rebooted again in like 7 years

I could live with him being killed off now, and then coming back in a rebooted but totally different time line. But he does need to die in the next movie. Like seriously, if he doesn't die, I'm selling all my Halloween dvds and totally divorcing myself of the entire franchise.

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    I think hes 61 because hes 21 in the original when he escapes. I think he was like 6 when he kills Judith. There a deleted scene of the 78 film where the board states he will stay at smiths grove till his 21 bday till hes ready to be tried as a adult. He spent 15 years in the sanitarium Halloween 2018 is 40 years so 61
    You’re absolutely right. I forgot that bit about him being 21. I thought it was 18 (probably because they’re both “legal” ages), but as soon as you “said” it I remembered.

I doubt he dies because its supposedly reported Curtis stated in contracts he cant be killed off. Im not sure if legitimate or just people online bsing. Even if they do kill him he will be rebooted again in like 7 years
    No, I agree, although 7 was made originally to end that continuity, but they chickened out with 8.

I just don’t like that they present this idea of him being immortal without really proving it (because they didn’t do something totally un-healable like behead or explode him). I would’ve been cool if it ended like the last one (or for that matter 1, 4, 6, and 8) where it could be that he’s dead or not. I just don’t like them ending a movie with the bad guy totally on top.

But there were a lot of good points in this movie. The mob mentality thing was great. And there were a lot of clever kills (like the light tube).

Leave a comment:

• TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    Ok, you bring up some very good points here. For starters, let's consider the ways you can end Michael permanently (or Jason or Leatherface or any other "supernatural " slasher:

1. Be-head the bastard.
    2. Throw all the remains, including the head into an industrial meat grinder. Certain farm tractor implements will do the same trick, also.
    3. Now, take *those* remains, and bring them to a funeral director who can thrown them into the oven until they are ash.
    4. Take the ash and either A. Spread them in the ocean (salt is a spiritually purifying cleanser) or B. Bury the ashes on consecrated holy ground.
    5. OR you can bypass steps 1 through 4 and seal the bastard up *without* any loopholes for him to escape,, haul him out to the sea, get a great white shark frenzy going ("come chum some of this shit!") And drop the fucker in the middle of it. But you have to really get those sharks thrashing angry mad. Also make sure they are 20 feet or longer. And don't go out on a goddamn boat. Use a frigging aircraft carrier or oil tanker or something.

I've thought about this a lot. A LOT.

I did not like Laurie's daughter getting butchered at the end, either, but that could turn out to be a vivid hallucination in the next movie.

They seriously need to pull off a "Rise of Skywalker" for the last movie. Like their lives depend on it.

Leave a comment:

• TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    That wouldn’t be totally unjustified. She seemed to dream/envision/hallucinate 6-year-Michael and there was no link showing 58-year-old Michael get back to the house and upstairs. It was kind of dreamlike just the way it was shot/edited.
    I think hes 61 because hes 21 in the original when he escapes. I think he was like 6 when he kills Judith. There a deleted scene of the 78 film where the board states he will stay at smiths grove till his 21 bday till hes ready to be tried as a adult. He spent 15 years in the sanitarium Halloween 2018 is 40 years so 61

Leave a comment:

Working...
X