The Halloween Kills spoiler thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Halloween Kills spoiler thread

Ok let me start off by saying i was wrong about a post credit scene. I loved the ending because i think there having Michael question himself why he does what he does. It was hinted at by hawkings Michael is a trapped 6 year old but like a rabid animal. I think its a interesting take because we still debate and question if real serial killers realize what they are doing and if remorseful. I dont think lauries daughter is dead either. David Gordon green loves the 3 generation strode women. Id also like to see them explain why his childhood home as a beacon wich was also mentioned
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Since Tazz is referring to these: [Moved from last film thread]

My short review:

Yep. I had planned to go with my mother to see this but when I told her I could stream it on my TV for no extra money, she was cool with that.

I liked, but didn't love it. Not sure how I feel about the ending, but I liked the mass panic idea.

There's no post-credits scene. I watched it through (and I had already heard there wasn't).

And Jeff’s spoilery comments:

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
    My criticisms of HK:
    First off I hated it because it was like watching Last of the Jedi again, but in the few hours I've had to think about it, maybe that was the direct intention- make a movie that riles up all the fans in order to come to a (hopefully) last movie where Michael dies forever.

1.There can be no complete death without Lorrie present because she has to be somehow involved in it.
    2. The ending was bullshit. The movie basically ended where it began- with Michael killing citizens.
    3. The Frankenstein town mob was an excellent idea, but again, the ending killed it.
    4. No one ever gets an answer as to A. Why can'tMichael die, and B. What the hell was it that he saw in the mirror that drove him to kill his sister? Was it along the lines of "if you stare into the abyss, the abyss starts staring into you" belief?
    5. None of the kills were as entertaining as the crushing of the skull by Michael's foot with the mad psychiatrist in the very last movie. Except maybe the boyfriend through, up, and sideways in the Bannister.
    6. Was the suicide of the looney really necessary? Just gives kids ideas in real life when they are super scared.
    7. (For Tazz) I didn't see any post credits scene, and I specifically waited for it. Just so you know. Pretty sure you saw the whole thing.
    8. So to sum it up, basically what we have here is a Last of the Jedi done on purpose to set up for another movie, and it sucked as hard as the Last Jedi too. I hope the last one brings to a final FINAL conclusion where Michael dies, the curse dies, Laurie becomes victorious, and Haddonfield can finally put this whole bloody saga behind them.
    Yeah, I didn't hate it because of some of the strengths you mentioned, but, like you, I hated the ending. It's just a bummer because it's too much of a cliff hanger (almost like cutting it off mid-movie) and I also think they should have gone all the way on Michael being human or supernatural. This feels like an in-between. I just kept thinking, "behead him." I also did not like them killing Laurie's daughter, especially in that off-hand, last-second kind of way.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 10-16-2021, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

My short review:

Yep. I had planned to go with my mother to see this but when I told her I could stream it on my TV for no extra money, she was cool with that.

I liked, but didn't love it. Not sure how I feel about the ending, but I liked the mass panic idea.

There's no post-credits scene. I watched it through (and I had already heard there wasn't).

And Jeff’s spoilery comments:

Yeah, I didn't hate it because of some of the strengths you mentioned, but, like you, I hated the ending. It's just a bummer because it's too much of a cliff hanger (almost like cutting it off mid-movie) and I also think they should have gone all the way on Michael being human or supernatural. This feels like an in-between. I just kept thinking, "behead him." I also did not like them killing Laurie's daughter, especially in that off-hand, last-second kind of way.
      Assuming shes dead. I mean hey hawkings was stabbed in the throat and lived

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
        Assuming shes dead. I mean hey hawkings was stabbed in the throat and lived
        True. I wasn’t expecting that.

Comment

True. I wasn’t expecting that.
          Curtis recently said fans will be angry with Halloween ends. Now maybe shes trying to cause a buzz but i also recently read they just sent Halloween ends script to carpenter for approval so im curious how they will tie everything up. I think cult of thorn was good on paper but poorly executed in 6. Maybe blumhouse will do it better?

Comment

…I think cult of thorn was good on paper but poorly executed in 6. Maybe blumhouse will do it better?
            Agreed. When I first started watching the sequels years ago (probably about the time H20 was coming out) the end of 5 left me so curious as to what they would do and I was so disappointed in #6 (even for the producer’s cut, though that is a little better).

Comment

Agreed. When I first started watching the sequels years ago (probably about the time H20 was coming out) the end of 5 left me so curious as to what they would do and I was so disappointed in #6 (even for the producer’s cut, though that is a little better).
              I wanna say 2 was my introduction to the series when i was a kid. Thats what had me terrified of hospitals .Its actually kind of crazy to see theres little to no blood in the original 2. I still haven't seen 3 but i did see the rest. I still haven't seen original psycho so its news to me Curtis is the daughter of that actress

Comment

Ok, you bring up some very good points here. For starters, let's consider the ways you can end Michael permanently (or Jason or Leatherface or any other "supernatural " slasher:

1. Be-head the bastard.
                2. Throw all the remains, including the head into an industrial meat grinder. Certain farm tractor implements will do the same trick, also.
                3. Now, take *those* remains, and bring them to a funeral director who can thrown them into the oven until they are ash.
                4. Take the ash and either A. Spread them in the ocean (salt is a spiritually purifying cleanser) or B. Bury the ashes on consecrated holy ground.
                5. OR you can bypass steps 1 through 4 and seal the bastard up *without* any loopholes for him to escape,, haul him out to the sea, get a great white shark frenzy going ("come chum some of this shit!") And drop the fucker in the middle of it. But you have to really get those sharks thrashing angry mad. Also make sure they are 20 feet or longer. And don't go out on a goddamn boat. Use a frigging aircraft carrier or oil tanker or something.

I've thought about this a lot. A LOT.

I did not like Laurie's daughter getting butchered at the end, either, but that could turn out to be a vivid hallucination in the next movie.

They seriously need to pull off a "Rise of Skywalker" for the last movie. Like their lives depend on it.

Comment

. . . I did not like Laurie's daughter getting butchered at the end, either, but that could turn out to be a vivid hallucination in the next movie. . .
                  That wouldn’t be totally unjustified. She seemed to dream/envision/hallucinate 6-year-Michael and there was no link showing 58-year-old Michael get back to the house and upstairs. It was kind of dreamlike just the way it was shot/edited.

Comment

That wouldn’t be totally unjustified. She seemed to dream/envision/hallucinate 6-year-Michael and there was no link showing 58-year-old Michael get back to the house and upstairs. It was kind of dreamlike just the way it was shot/edited.
                    I think hes 61 because hes 21 in the original when he escapes. I think he was like 6 when he kills Judith. There a deleted scene of the 78 film where the board states he will stay at smiths grove till his 21 bday till hes ready to be tried as a adult. He spent 15 years in the sanitarium Halloween 2018 is 40 years so 61

Comment

Ok, you bring up some very good points here. For starters, let's consider the ways you can end Michael permanently (or Jason or Leatherface or any other "supernatural " slasher:

1. Be-head the bastard.
                      2. Throw all the remains, including the head into an industrial meat grinder. Certain farm tractor implements will do the same trick, also.
                      3. Now, take *those* remains, and bring them to a funeral director who can thrown them into the oven until they are ash.
                      4. Take the ash and either A. Spread them in the ocean (salt is a spiritually purifying cleanser) or B. Bury the ashes on consecrated holy ground.
                      5. OR you can bypass steps 1 through 4 and seal the bastard up *without* any loopholes for him to escape,, haul him out to the sea, get a great white shark frenzy going ("come chum some of this shit!") And drop the fucker in the middle of it. But you have to really get those sharks thrashing angry mad. Also make sure they are 20 feet or longer. And don't go out on a goddamn boat. Use a frigging aircraft carrier or oil tanker or something.

I've thought about this a lot. A LOT.

I did not like Laurie's daughter getting butchered at the end, either, but that could turn out to be a vivid hallucination in the next movie.

They seriously need to pull off a "Rise of Skywalker" for the last movie. Like their lives depend on it.
                      I doubt he dies because its supposedly reported Curtis stated in contracts he cant be killed off. Im not sure if legitimate or just people online bsing. Even if they do kill him he will be rebooted again in like 7 years

Comment

I think hes 61 because hes 21 in the original when he escapes. I think he was like 6 when he kills Judith. There a deleted scene of the 78 film where the board states he will stay at smiths grove till his 21 bday till hes ready to be tried as a adult. He spent 15 years in the sanitarium Halloween 2018 is 40 years so 61
                        You’re absolutely right. I forgot that bit about him being 21. I thought it was 18 (probably because they’re both “legal” ages), but as soon as you “said” it I remembered.

I doubt he dies because its supposedly reported Curtis stated in contracts he cant be killed off. Im not sure if legitimate or just people online bsing. Even if they do kill him he will be rebooted again in like 7 years
                        No, I agree, although 7 was made originally to end that continuity, but they chickened out with 8.

I just don’t like that they present this idea of him being immortal without really proving it (because they didn’t do something totally un-healable like behead or explode him). I would’ve been cool if it ended like the last one (or for that matter 1, 4, 6, and 8) where it could be that he’s dead or not. I just don’t like them ending a movie with the bad guy totally on top.

But there were a lot of good points in this movie. The mob mentality thing was great. And there were a lot of clever kills (like the light tube).

Comment

I could live with him being killed off now, and then coming back in a rebooted but totally different time line. But he does need to die in the next movie. Like seriously, if he doesn't die, I'm selling all my Halloween dvds and totally divorcing myself of the entire franchise.

Comment

You’re absolutely right. I forgot that bit about him being 21. I thought it was 18 (probably because they’re both “legal” ages), but as soon as you “said” it I remembered.

No, I agree, although 7 was made originally to end that continuity, but they chickened out with 8.

I just don’t like that they present this idea of him being immortal without really proving it (because they didn’t do something totally un-healable like behead or explode him). I would’ve been cool if it ended like the last one (or for that matter 1, 4, 6, and 8) where it could be that he’s dead or not. I just don’t like them ending a movie with the bad guy totally on top.

But there were a lot of good points in this movie. The mob mentality thing was great. And there were a lot of clever kills (like the light tube).
                            I understand. I actually just rewatched rob zombies version before work because people thought kills was worse. I think theres some decent things in zombies version but i hated the whole white trash domestic crap. I think had he not opened with that it Could of been better. I give zombie credit for trying but hopefully his munsters film is better
                            TazzMission
                            Guardian of the Universe
                            Last edited by TazzMission; 10-17-2021, 01:24 AM.

Comment

EDIT: An English horror Youtuber (not professional) I follow did a pretty good (though long) review I mostly agreed with. He's about as negative as Jeff:

+ YouTube Video
                              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I understand. I actually just rewatched rob zombies version before work because people thought kills was worse. I think theres some decent things in zombies version but i hated the whole white trash domestic crap. I think had he not opened with that it Could of been better. I give zombie credit for trying but hopefully his munsters film is better
                              When I first saw Zombie’s remake I really dug it and liked the aspect (for a change, not a necessity) of giving him a background. But I hated the second one (even upon re-watch) and now have kind of soured to both. I re-watched it when I went through the whole series again (after getting the Blu rays), but don’t feel inclined to just pick it up randomly.
                              Space Cop
                              The Dandy
                              Last edited by Space Cop; 10-17-2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X