No announcement yet.

Your experience in DC Universe Online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your experience in DC Universe Online?

How are you enjoying it so far?

I played beta and I really did not like it at all. I know it was beta and not the whole experience but I could not enjoy the controls. I returned my preorder when I picked it up.

Comment

I also played in the beta, and while i thought it was fun, I think I am going to wait until they make more changes regarding costumes and power. I felt they were a tad too limited at launch

Comment

played through beta and now I'm live on Zero Hour. I love this game. Could character creation be deeper? sure, but customization isn't what it's all about. I love the action and the immersion into the DCU. Nothing beats the first time you come face to face with your favorite comic book character! I had a geekgasm when I ran into Kilowog in the Watchtower.
        The Corpsman formerly known as JadeSkarab

Comment

I love the game too i'm addicted and immersed in the world. The boss battles are epic took me like 30 minutes to take down scare crow. i am totally loving it
          The Daleks you have the ability to instill great Fear welcome to the Sinestro Corps.
          Response--- Wel---come? No We must Ex--ter---min---ate Sinestro

Comment

Not for me.
            I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

Looks like 50/50 so far. Hmmmm. Curious, do the guys here who do not like it, enjoy CoH and/or Champions more?

I played both CoH and CO (and currently Star Trek Online) and thou not a big fan of Cryptics engine, it does play ok. I grew bored of CoH and even CO. Do you guys think i will enjoy DCU better?? I really wanted to play a Green Lantern type character, but looks like I can't for now.

Oh, and do any of the Golden Age heroes (i.e. Justice Society) show up yet?
              Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

The golden age characters are there such as The Green Lantern Alan Scott.

"In fearful day, in raging night,
                With strong hearts full, our souls ignite.
                When all seems lost in the War of Light,Look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
                "
                I Can Rp you under the table so don't even try anything.

Comment

Been playing since Wed on the PS3 (first time with an MMO on a console; totally different experience)

So far, I have to say its not bad, better than I expected, and really easy to get into. Once I figure out ow to stop "button-mashing" and actually get some moves going, I'm sure I will like it more.

Comment

I have never played one of these massive online games. Did I see that you not only need to purchase the game, but you also need to pay some sort of subscription fee? The game looks awesome, but I am not looking to pay both.
                    stoat2337
                    Corps Honor Guard
                    Last edited by stoat2337; 01-14-2011, 09:17 PM.
                    I just wanna play.
                    I just wanna play a game.
                    One that you've never played before.
                    One you'll never play again I'm sure...

Comment

Originally posted by stoat2337 View Post
                      I have never played one of these massive online games. Did I see that you not only need to purchase the game, but you also need to pay some sort of subscription fee? The game looks awesome, but I am not looking to pay both.
                      Sadly, that's how they work. Think of it as pay to play. For the price of 3 combos at McDonalds or a night at the movies, you get 24/7 access and enterainment for that price. ($15 a month) Usually, they offer discounts for longer subs, such as 6 months, it may be $12 a month or something like that. Really, you won't even notice the $15 a month especialy if you are enjoying it. If not, then cancel. Your first month of play is free.
                      Lord Malvolio
                      Corps Honor Guard
                      Last edited by Lord Malvolio; 01-15-2011, 12:04 AM.
                      Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Figures...not sure I can dedicate the time to get my money's worth. Thanks for the info nonetheless.
                        I just wanna play.

Comment

How do you get beta on PC?

Comment

You can't anymore.
                            I just wanna play.

Comment

Originally posted by stoat2337 View Post
                              You can't anymore.
                              Beta ended about a week before the game hit stores.

Comment

Working...
                              X