Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, that's what I'm kind of getting at. It's pretty ridiculous that even if you're fully covered and in the right kind of uniform you still need a gimmick.

On the other hand, #2 was super touchy. In that one, you pause for a second within 20 feet of some kind of security and you were done.

Blood Money had a decent mechanic.

Comment

• FFVII remake details...barely

Also, my copy of AC: Revelations arrived today, and I'll be getting through that once I'm finished enough with Brotherhood.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Yo.

+ YouTube Video
        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I gotta admit: I really, REALLY, REALLY wanna see how this plays for myself (I really enjoyed playing the original on the PC), and I kinda wanna buy a ps4 just for that reason alone.......

man, I hope they do the same for this 1 too.
        :/

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• I'd like them to remove that active timer battle trait, because I strongly prefer turn-based over active timers. The game isn't just getting a graphical upgrade, a lot is being put into it as they say, and that's to be expected.

I'll very likely get it, because I somewhat enjoyed the original and I would like to see what all they've added to it.

I also want a current-gen cross-dressing Cloud and hi-def slapping contest between Tifa and that one Shin-Ra woman.

Comment

• It's a 1-1 remaster with seriously updated graphics but the exact same gameplay as Gears 1. Unbalanced, clunky and incredibly tense.
            A guy I know said he was part of the Gears of War Remaster beta, and when I expressed my interest in the game and my hopes for it...well, you can see here his response.

Hopefully they make things a lot better.

Comment

• I don't understand why they wouldn't remaster #3. It was the best one!

Comment

• 3 is old, but not that old, and with backwards compatibility supposedly coming to Xbone...

They might remaster 1 and then later release 1, 2, 3, and possibly Judgment as part of a "Marcus Fenix Collection" a la The Master Chief Collection. Maybe, maybe not.

I have bigger gripes than the stunted competitive multiplayer. Namely, the "no difference between co-op saves and solo saves" fuckup that the original Gears 1 had. That was a major oversight on their part, and I hope it gets replaced.

Comment

• + YouTube Video
                  ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• 40 minutes of The Phantom Pain gameplay

Comment

• heads up guys people got arkham knight early and the arkham knights idenity has been posted online. i wont say who it is but yea just a warning
                      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• After taking my dad out for lunch-dinner for Father's Day and watching Short Time, we decided to try and get as close to the end as possible with Army of Two: The 40th Day again.

We started at the beginning of the zoo and made it all the way into the final chapter, the part where you have the center stage and the soldiers that come from all the corners and shit. I think the last cat statue is there, and we've done a pretty good job of picking all the radios, cats, and weapon parts up (with some small exceptions, such as not shooting the tiger, failing to get to the chopper cache, failing to save a couple civilians, that sort of thing).

We did unlock a bunch of shit through buying all the guns. It's not like we're going for all trophies or even all the campaign ones, I just want us to unlock as much as possible before we try to take on Extraction Mode (which will be difficult enough with only two people).

Either way, we'll eventually move on to Ghost Recon: Future Soldier's co-op campaign.

My dad also wondered if he should play the Metal Gear Solid games, so I told him he could because getting them all would be pretty cheap, and we stopped at GameStop after eating. $25 for both 4 and the HD Collection, though he wasn't willing to pick up the Legacy Collection for $45 (not like he seriously needs it if he's just testing his waters). I told him I'd bring him my old Sons of Liberty strategy guide, because he'd probably need it. I honestly think he's going to get annoyed by the HD Collection's games, except possibly for Peace Walker; 4 might be a bit easier for him to handle. We'll see, though.

Comment

• Picked up Dishonored: Game of the Year edition for something like $15 bucks. I've never played it before and thought I'd give it a try, what with them pimping out the sequel at E3 this year.

Comment

• I've been playing Sleeping Dogs this past week. I got it for free back when I had XBox Gold. For a lesser GTA-style game (and free), it's pretty decent.

Comment

• I've been playing Omega Ruby for the past week, it's hella fun

Comment

• Got arkham knight two days early

Comment

Working...
                                X