Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
    Have you been checking his Playlist Junkie series? I've found that to be very interesting and I now have a plethora (El Guapo) of songs to listen to.
    I've watched a couple but (1) I'm not a fan of metal (with very few exceptions); (2) I listen to records or random Youtube choices so "playlists" are a nearly foreign concept to me. I'm more of an album guy.

Comment

• "Surprise, motherfucker!"
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Comment

• Rolfe reviewed the first Mortal Kombat film. Actually a very balanced review, admitting it is cheesy and dumb but actually faithful to the source material and with some awesome fight scenes.

I saw both MK flicks in theaters, my dad taking me to each one, and I remember my mind being destroyed each time. Don't care what anyone says, I like them both even with all their flaws.

Comment

...I saw both MK flicks in theaters, my dad taking me to each one, and I remember my mind being destroyed each time. Don't care what anyone says, I like them both even with all their flaws.
            I like the first one. The second one is bad, but I often feel compelled to watch it when I watch #1. I like the Cyrax fight and a few other bits.

Comment

• Yeah, the second, Annihilation, is just bizarre. It has some redeeming qualities (Cyrax/Smoke-Scorpion fights, Raiden vs the Raptors) but it is just a weird thing overall, a Hodge-podge of the MKII/3/4. The sets are pretty dreary and come off as the same thing, the costumes of some characters (the ninja, especially) aren't so good, the disgusting romance attempt between Khan and Kitana...

It's a mess. They should have taken a bit more time with it. I still like it, but it encourages using the fast-forward button way more than the first flick ever will.

Comment

• Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Comment

• Few updates:

1) Having joined a clan in Destiny, we completed a raid with no deaths (took a few restarts due to accidental deaths and a member leaving), which netted me the related trophy, the trophy for a clan-only raid, and the platinum. Now I just need to beat King's Fall on the old hard mode and that's every Destiny trophy. I am also just a couple steps away from getting Outbreak Prime.

2) While out with my dad, we went to GameStop and I picked up a Mega Bloks pack for Destiny, since they were clearing them out for only $5. Grabbed the Hunter pack since they didn't have the Atheon one.

3) Also grabbed Fallout 4 and have been playing it just now, advancing the Brotherhood of Steel quest line. Got done Blind Betrayal and all I can say is "the feels!"

Comment

• Microsoft confirms they're in talking with Sony about crossplay

Comment

• Connect One.

Comment

• Madden 18 is the last Madden I'll be getting until they completely overhaul franchise mode. Just not worth the money. Feels like 2006-2012 all over again. Which is crazy, because all EA has to do look is look at how they are killed every year with the NBA 2k series and just take what they're doing and apply it to football.

In other news, I got the latest Uncharted game.

Comment

• So Bethesda unleashed their "Creation Club" upon the world.

The results are everything you predicted.

Jim Sterling's commentary on the CC

Yeah, even with 100 free credits, I ain't touching a single thing in there. Even on PS4 I can get better shit that actually works.

Comment

• Insane sword fight

I can't tell who's winning and who's losing!

Comment

• + YouTube Video
                              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X