Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the shotgun rampage challenge (and slaughtered half the enemies on the entire map, since I was killing dudes already, so I just went the distance on it). Took a little trickery but I got a guard close enough to the pool to kick him in. Also used the katana on Reynard and then slipped out with no bodies discovered. Got plenty of work both done and remaining for this but I'll have to come back to it later on, I really should progress the game.

I'm loving some of the backpack trophies and arm patches for Division 2's Resident Evil event (got the Zombie Hand trophy and Umbrella patch today, and also unlocked Jill's RE1 shirt). I'm going to miss this event when it's over.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• That sword kill is great. The shotgun one is kind of fun but so antithetical to what the game is.

Comment

• I mean, yes, but I do remember doing a maniacal rampage at the cowboy arms dealer's hotel lobby in Absolution. Was fun while it lasted.

Comment

• Seriously considering the mass effect legendary edition where all 3 are remaster with 40 dlc for 60 bucks. They took the multi player out of 3 so and 4k updated
          .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Decided to hoard high-level bounties in Division 2, because they don't refresh on weekly reset (somewhat certain that's intentional). Tried farming for a specific assault rifle but of course it either eluded me or I got a half dozen useless rolls of it. As usual. Still need to dedicate the time to going after the second set of Hunter masks, but I'm having plenty of fun and my hands full with the Resident Evil event (got all the daily cosmetics, now I'm just leveling as much as I can to unlock the remaining items).

Optimization is still only good for polishing off near-perfect gear, which I've done to a handful of pieces and I've improved other gear but there's currently no way to farm some of the required materials so the process can't just be spammed.

Destiny 2 has its new season start tomorrow. Still haven't been able to get that one weapon ornament I really want, and it's been at least six-eight months by now. Who knows if I'll ever see it again.

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

Comment

• Got insanely lucky just a short while ago.

Was grinding through the remaining requirements for the final lieutenant to this season's manhunt prime target for Division 2 and for the most part it was just gaming as usual. I do Stranded Tanker on challenging and upon defeating the final boss, she drops her loot and a beam of orange light appears. I can see that it's not just one but TWO exotic drops, and I can't believe it. Even more stunning is that each one is the Imperial Dynasty holster and to top it off, both have pretty solid rolls. I'm still missing several exotics (both Iron Horse raid guns and the assault rifle from legendary missions, as well as the machine gun) but this was a very welcome surprise.

Tomorrow I'll clear the lieutenant's actual bounty and then do the final manhunt mission. I've seen plenty of disappointment about how the season ends but I'm also seeing that Massive has been confirmed to still be working on Division content for a while yet, so I'm hopeful the game will reach a solid end-of-life state like the first one did.

As for Destiny 2 I need to grind in-game currency to purchase one of the exotics I never got in the first game or during its intro in the sequel. After that I can work towards maybe getting the original raid's exotic shotgun.

Comment

• Did the last mission, and it is profoundly disappointing.

The fight against Lau is a half-assed effort just as much as her turning rogue was. No particular mechanics for the fight other than shooting the vehicle she's in to keep her from escaping and then you just shoot her. The game doesn't say "Rogue Agent eliminated, status deceased" or anything, so some are speculating that she'll be revived like another character was.

Personally I have to agree with the feeling that the manhunt ended with a whimper and not a bang, that a longstanding and beloved character was put through a rough, incoherent and shameful turn. Almost worth noting is that the season was supposed to end in a handful of weeks but now it's been extended to 15 more weeks according to the the in-game counter, so I don't know what will happen (there are a couple more events and then I don't know, maybe the seasons will repeat? I would appreciate that a little since I missed out before).

Just saw that CDPR had its source code stolen by hackers who have demanded payment and started leaking some samples. CDPR has said it won't pay. I think Gearbox was also bought out. Shit's shaking up.

Comment

• Tonight was the last chance to download the best deal for Mortal Kombat 11 that's ever been put out. Base game, Aftermatch, and all bonus content for less than $40, and access is shared between both PS4 and PS5. 32 items and holy shit I don't know if I've ever spent money as fast as that. Absolutely could not pass this opportunity up.

Comment

• I think I spent $65 on that game and the base game itself was a Christmas gift.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        I think I spent $65 on that game and the base game itself was a Christmas gift.
                        I should of waited because for just the game on disc it was 65. Aftermath was like 40 the 2 kombat packs were like 20 i think. I got the 95 movie skins with the movie actor voices wich was $ 5.99. More dlc was teased so since the film is april 16th im guessing maybe a reveal in March for pack 3

Comment

• Well the mortal kombat trailer for the film was a lot better than i expected. Im acually hopefull for it

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                            Tonight was the last chance to download the best deal for Mortal Kombat 11 that's ever been put out. Base game, Aftermatch, and all bonus content for less than $40, and access is shared between both PS4 and PS5. 32 items and holy shit I don't know if I've ever spent money as fast as that. Absolutely could not pass this opportunity up.
                            Its super worth it. Only bad thing about the game is locking cosmetics behind a paywall or a ridiculously long amount of playtime. Be in the top 5% of players or pay $20 to get Klassic Rain!

Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                              It’s super worth it. Only bad thing about the game is locking cosmetics behind a paywall or a ridiculously long amount of playtime. “Be in the top 5% of players or pay $20 to get Klassic Rain!”
                              I think You can get classic rain skin in his tower i believe. The towers are a grind. Pretty much all skins are unlockable. Only ones that aren't are the tournament ones movie skins masquerade pack . A few are free if you bought aftermath

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                                I think You can get classic rain skin in his tower i believe. The towers are a grind. Pretty much all skins are unlockable. Only ones that aren't are the tournament ones movie skins masquerade pack . A few are free if you bought aftermath
                                Yeah, but you can't pick which skins you'll unlock on the character towers so it is a super long grind if you're looking for just one.

Comment

Working...
                                X