Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Yeah, but you can't pick which skins you'll unlock on the character towers so it is a super long grind if you're looking for just one.
    Imo and for me its a waste of time plus most of the skins are hideous. Now if the studio really wanted to keep my attention go old school and unlock some extra characters wich arent top tier like blaze mokap meat. Add to the roster and you can still do kombat packages as dlc for fan favorites like reptile ermac smoke that people ask for. Personally i prefer more 3d era characters like ashra from deception or nitara from deadly alliance.
    TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by TazzMission; 02-18-2021, 08:58 PM.
    .................................................. ..........................

    Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

    Comment


    • ^Yeah, I'm taking a (probably) long break from MK 11 because the grinding stuff isn't worth it. You work your butt off and even if you earn a skin or an intro you like you play it a couple times and that's it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        ^Yeah, I'm taking a (probably) long break from MK 11 because the grinding stuff isn't worth it. You work your butt off and even if you earn a skin or an intro you like you play it a couple times and that's it.
        I never even finished the krypt and i never will
        .................................................. ..........................

        Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
          Well the mortal kombat trailer for the film was a lot better than i expected. Im acually hopefull for it


          Yep. Looks pretty good; maybe a little too CGI-heavy for my tastes, but if the fights are good, that's ok. Since I own all the MK features on BD, this will be easy choice.

          Space Cop
          The Dandy
          Last edited by Space Cop; 02-19-2021, 04:45 AM.

          Comment


          • Tempted to get MK11's Aftermath DLC now that it's on sale.
            Anyone know if the second story is worth it?
            Do good. Be well. Make happy.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
              Tempted to get MK11's Aftermath DLC now that it's on sale.
              Anyone know if the second story is worth it?
              Honestly i dont think it is. The characters are though wich you can get separately. Its basically a remake of mk11's story. Granted i like mk11 but i prefer mkx . I feel x is more darker gorey. You can get mkxl with all dlc for like 10 bucks on the ps store
              .................................................. ..........................

              Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

              Comment


              • I liked Aftermath. It was longer than I expected for DLC, but I agree that the value is in the characters.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                  I liked Aftermath. It was longer than I expected for DLC, but I agree that the value is in the characters.
                  Imo it wasnt worth 40 bucks if you guy the characters individualy there like$ 4.99 a character so $15.30 for 3 characters if you include with the taxwich is like 10 cents on the dollar. the story dlc alone is 35 for like 2 hours.
                  .................................................. ..........................

                  Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                  Comment


                  • ^Agreed. But I'd recommend it on sale, which is his question.

                    Comment


                    • I haven't played it, but one complaint I saw was that Kitana gets a raw deal. Not saying poorly done, just that her character arc is allegedly dark.
                      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

                      September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

                      Comment


                      • Started Warlords of New York on my second character. I forgot how much stuff from DC that I had left undone, but I honestly would rather grind through most of Warlords and then wait until I maxed my main character before finishing my alt, so that I don't have to grind extra levels later. Also so that I can have a stronger build to shred vanilla content right away.
                        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

                        September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

                        Comment


                        • Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll just grab Robocop if the story isn't worth it. He's the only character I don't have that I'm really interested in playing with -- ironic as I generally hate guest characters.
                          Do good. Be well. Make happy.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                            Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll just grab Robocop if the story isn't worth it. He's the only character I don't have that I'm really interested in playing with -- ironic as I generally hate guest characters.
                            Granted i like robocop but hes slow if your a more agile fast player. My top 7 i main are rambo shang stung fujin kung lao cassie / johnny cage, kollector
                            .................................................. ..........................

                            Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                              Granted i like robocop but hes slow if your a more agile fast player. My top 7 i main are rambo shang stung fujin kung lao cassie / johnny cage, kollector
                              He is, but he has a nice range of far and close attacks and he has an optional invulnerability boost if you sacrifice a couple slots. I’ve actually done quite well with him and I like some of the alt skins like white metal or MK ninja look.

                              It’s also fun that Weller voices him and he has two interactions for every character. E.g., there’s a joke when he fights Terminator that they’ve done this before.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                He is, but he has a nice range of far and close attacks and he has an optional invulnerability boost if you sacrifice a couple slots. I’ve actually done quite well with him and I like some of the alt skins like white metal or MK ninja look.

                                It’s also fun that Weller voices him and he has two interactions for every character. E.g., there’s a joke when he fights Terminator that they’ve done this before.
                                Oh yea i know . I love the banter between rambo and spawn about being soilders. Originally it was supposed to be ash from evil dead since diolauge leaked but i guess something happened with the ip and wb sent an email where it stated army of darkness ash is licensed by whatever company . I think thats why we got joker rambo and robocop. Supposedly more dlc is coming and if i had to bet its cole young from the new film and a new character for the film . Also nrs and other companies inked a new deal for licensed characters including ash so maybe we will get him to finish ed boons 80s icon fix since all the guest movie characters are from the 80s. Also evil dead has a game coming so it be good marketing
                                .................................................. ..........................

                                Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X