Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the final mission and associate character material are out today for Destiny 2's Season of the Splicer. I accidentally skipped the cutscene on my Hunter but watched it online. Gotta say the things happening have been generally positive in my eyes but with some drawbacks, such as where the fuck the other factions have been since only Future War Cult was focused on. But now they're all done for, so I guess Bungie no longer has to ever bother pretending to care about them.

I was going to buy a new chair and saw GT Racing was having a sale, but the model I liked was both out of stock and nearly $200, so I said fuck no and hit up eBay like usual. Looked around and saw some decent stuff and then found the exact GTR model I wanted. Guy was selling it at half the manufacturer's price and allowing offers, but he didn't accept my offer so I just decided to purchase it outright; I simply couldn't pass up a deal this good. But now I have to wait for it to arrive.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• A slew of resignations and terminations at Blizzard Activision. The overwhelmingly hostile work environment has led to abused employees and outraged investors to file lawsuits, and the pathetic excuse of a company to hire a law firm widely known for union busting to prevent the employees from getting traction against them.

Nearly maxed out the Division 2 season pass. I'd like to knock out some of the other more tedious commendations but yeah, I'm definitely going to need to LFG for it because those ones are so damn specific that I can't realistically hope to expect randoms to play along with my needs.

As for Destiny 2, I could use better leg armor for my Titan but of course turning in 1,800 Vanguard tokens and checking the various vendors and trying to focus some engrams has left me with nothing worth using over what I already have. Waiting game now commences.

Comment

• Playing Castlevania anniversary collection on ps4. I forgot how easily frustrating old nes games can be
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
          Playing Castlevania anniversary collection on ps4. I forgot how easily frustrating old nes games can be
          Yeah, I beat the 1st Castlevania on my NES mini but I could only do it because the “system” has saved states. I could’ve never done it with just the lives I got. Played a little of #2, but I know that one’s rep and will not try to finish it. Played some SotN and others. It’s a fun series for horror fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            Yeah, I beat the 1st Castlevania on my NES mini but I could only do it because the “system” has saved states. I could’ve never done it with just the lives I got. Played a little of #2, but I know that one’s rep and will not try to finish it. Played some SotN and others. It’s a fun series for horror fans.
            Its crazy to see how fn op those Medusa heads are

Comment

• Every time I think of the term "NES Hard," I think of how not enough people understand it really describes poor game design rather than actual challenging difficulty. Even some of the best games of the platform had poor design elements to them (respawning enemies in Ninja Gaiden, for example). It's a problem developers have never really conquered or learned from because we still see a lot of games suffer the same problems decade after decade.

The more things change, the more they stay the same, you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                Every time I think of the term "NES Hard," I think of how not enough people understand it really describes poor game design rather than actual challenging difficulty. Even some of the best games of the platform had poor design elements to them (respawning enemies in Ninja Gaiden, for example). It's a problem developers have never really conquered or learned from because we still see a lot of games suffer the same problems decade after decade.

The more things change, the more they stay the same, you know.
                Not sure if you read my replies or have me on ignore but the nes had some legendary games despite some being impossible to beat like silver surfer from what i heard

Comment

• I fucking hate the Cryo pistol in Destiny 2. Such a horrendously shitty gun. Catalyst complete, gun now permanently vaulted.

Only really surprise this evening was matching twice against a clanmate. He killed me a few times (mostly because I was using that shit gun) but I managed to freeze him once.

Wanted to buy a whole load of stuff from the Summer Sale on PSN but decided to cut a few items off (others I swear were on the sale but must have been put back on full price, so I couldn't get those). I can wait for a few desirables to go back on sale later.

Comment

• Finally almost done with castlevania 1._._ i hate the medusa heads and igors. So fn cheap. Get hit one lose 3 health smh

Comment

• Got the Director's Cut DLC for Ghost of Tsushima and finally started a New Game+ on it. The area doesn't open up until Act 2, but I'm enjoying taking my time in Act 1 right now. It's nice to just ride along the country side helping those you find along the way.
                      Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• Clan mate grabbed a third player on LFG and we knocked out the three-win Trials bounty on my Titan for that sweet Pyrrhic Ascent mark. The cloak and bond will have to wait, and who knows, maybe Bungie really will implement a solo playlist like some are speculating (doubtful but possible).

I set up each character as best I can, though my Titan is borderline hideous (I probably play on them the least, the transmog options are incredibly limited). I might make another adjustment to my Warlock but then again I might just wait. My Hunter is so sexy it's criminal.

Tomorrow will be a helluva day. Work really sucks right now (fucking anti-vaxxers are screwing us bad) and I dunno how long the update's download will take or how hard it'll be to get into the servers even later in the evening, but I'm looking forward to the new season.

Comment

• I completed the Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut expansion campaign tonight. The new area of Iki Island had lots of new and familiar challenges, and the story was extremely well told, lending itself to the background of our protagonist whilst simultaneously focusing upon the ever present threat of chaotic ruin. Plus, it lets you pet cats, monkeys, deer, and cats. Seriously, you get to play with the fluffy kitties of Iki after serenading them with your flute. This game is gold. In all seriousness, though, Ghost of Tsushima has only further solidified itself as the best game of the PS4 generation for me. Truly an amazing experience all around. Genuinely, if you haven't played this one, yet, remedy that today! You won't be disappointed.

Comment

• ^Is that what sparked the mood to watch more samurai movies? I get like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              ^Is that what sparked the mood to watch more samurai movies? I get like that.
                              Very much so, yes.

Comment

• Can't afford Ghost because I bought Full Throttle Remastered before its sale ended and I needed to make an emergency purchase of engine coolant for my car. Gonna have to wait until the director's cut is at least half price before I get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X