Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man

• Agent Purple
    replied
    Spent the day grinding planetary bounties and Crucible, trying to get into a good position within the game and to get some more armor/weapons for my alt characters. Managed to do all three weekly Crucible challenges (play 5 matches, per character), but my Warlock game is off and my Titan was abysmal, and I got matched against some very dangerous players using very dangerous weapons (fucking Recluse, various shotguns, and fusions).

I don't know if it's become common practice in this game to invite players who were on the opposite team into your clan, but it's been happening lately to me (twice today, in fact, and a couple times before that). I cannot immediately discern why because only my Hunter wasn't getting slaughtered, so it's not like I was impressing anyone. I'm pretty sure Destiny 2's clans don't allow for clan-hopping like Division 2 does, but hell if I know why attention is being wasted upon me.

I need to set aside money for Forsaken/Shadowkeep so that I can catch up on the stories and get all the emblems and guns and whatnot that catch my eye.

Also popped in Division 1 and managed to extract a few things, but I'm only at 503/1500 so that's a long walk to go.

Leave a comment:

• Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man

• Agent Purple
    replied
    Late last night a couple buddies did me some solids and helped me complete an old quest to unlock an exotic (Sturm hand cannon) and then carried me through the Will of the Thousands nightfall, earning over 100k points so that I could get an emblem (though there are several variants, of course, and I only got the basic).

Just now completed the Polaris Lance quest and will eventually complete its masterwork. Still working to get Redrix's Broadsword (only have ~10/75 double kills). Also attempting to knock out as many planetary bounties as possible so that I can knock out those triumphs, particularly acquiring the various bits of armor and weapons. I'm guessing the Crucible collection's unknown entry is either Redrix's Broadsword or some unknown gun, because aside from that and the Fireforged Valor emblem my Hunter's set there is almost complete (Warlock and Titan both have a little ways to go).

Leave a comment:

• Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man

• Agent Purple
    replied
    Well, I never thought it would happen, but I actually completed Escalation Protocol for the very first time just a few minutes ago. I got the Hunter cloak and the basic EP emblem, but because the damn flash notification wouldn't go away even when equipping the emblem and when checking the variant, I removed it from my inventory. I couldn't even get it to stop flashing when I reclaimed it from my collections tab. The variant is nice, but I doubt that I'll get 25 final boss clears in the near future, so that's on the back burner.

Leave a comment:

• Parrylakks
    Neko Samurai

• Parrylakks
    replied
    So I noticed I have another Crucible quest active that just requires 25 plays in each basic mode (Quickplay, Competitive, and Rumble), and seeing as I have all but Rumble done, I'm gonna see if I can just do those and get a Pinnacle Weapon. It doesn't say what the reward is, so I'm not sure if it will give me one, but if it does, it'll be easier than doing the competitive stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man

• Agent Purple
    replied
    I was almost done my last bounty and partly done another step in that quest for IB, too. Oh well.

I am making progress on re-clearing all Lost Sectors for the various triumphs, and I jumped into regular Crucible Quickplay to level up my valor some more and to get real progress on the pulse rifle quest (pretty sure that leads to Redrix's Broadsword, the not-as-brutal-to-earn pulse).

I know for a fact that I'll probably never complete a single Glory triumph, because goddamn is competitive merciless (only reason I made progress on a single aspect of The Stuff of Myth is because Iron Banner grants win points but not glory itself).

I really should finish a number of weapon-related side quests, like the Polaris Lance and whatnot. Hell if I know when I'll do Leviathan and face Calus for the first time, I never did it. I still haven't touched a Nightfall since before Year 1 ended and I'd like the emblems from them in my collection. Also never beat Escalation Protocol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X