Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
    Every time I think of the term "NES Hard," I think of how not enough people understand it really describes poor game design rather than actual challenging difficulty. Even some of the best games of the platform had poor design elements to them (respawning enemies in Ninja Gaiden, for example). It's a problem developers have never really conquered or learned from because we still see a lot of games suffer the same problems decade after decade.

The more things change, the more they stay the same, you know.
    Not sure if you read my replies or have me on ignore but the nes had some legendary games despite some being impossible to beat like silver surfer from what i heard

Leave a comment:

• Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man

• Agent Purple
    replied
    Every time I think of the term "NES Hard," I think of how not enough people understand it really describes poor game design rather than actual challenging difficulty. Even some of the best games of the platform had poor design elements to them (respawning enemies in Ninja Gaiden, for example). It's a problem developers have never really conquered or learned from because we still see a lot of games suffer the same problems decade after decade.

The more things change, the more they stay the same, you know.

Leave a comment:

• TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Yeah, I beat the 1st Castlevania on my NES mini but I could only do it because the “system” has saved states. I could’ve never done it with just the lives I got. Played a little of #2, but I know that one’s rep and will not try to finish it. Played some SotN and others. It’s a fun series for horror fans.
    Its crazy to see how fn op those Medusa heads are

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
    Playing Castlevania anniversary collection on ps4. I forgot how easily frustrating old nes games can be
    Yeah, I beat the 1st Castlevania on my NES mini but I could only do it because the “system” has saved states. I could’ve never done it with just the lives I got. Played a little of #2, but I know that one’s rep and will not try to finish it. Played some SotN and others. It’s a fun series for horror fans.

Leave a comment:

• TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    Playing Castlevania anniversary collection on ps4. I forgot how easily frustrating old nes games can be

Leave a comment:

• Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man

• Agent Purple
    replied
    A slew of resignations and terminations at Blizzard Activision. The overwhelmingly hostile work environment has led to abused employees and outraged investors to file lawsuits, and the pathetic excuse of a company to hire a law firm widely known for union busting to prevent the employees from getting traction against them.

Nearly maxed out the Division 2 season pass. I'd like to knock out some of the other more tedious commendations but yeah, I'm definitely going to need to LFG for it because those ones are so damn specific that I can't realistically hope to expect randoms to play along with my needs.

As for Destiny 2, I could use better leg armor for my Titan but of course turning in 1,800 Vanguard tokens and checking the various vendors and trying to focus some engrams has left me with nothing worth using over what I already have. Waiting game now commences.

Leave a comment:

• Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man

• Agent Purple
    replied
    So the final mission and associate character material are out today for Destiny 2's Season of the Splicer. I accidentally skipped the cutscene on my Hunter but watched it online. Gotta say the things happening have been generally positive in my eyes but with some drawbacks, such as where the fuck the other factions have been since only Future War Cult was focused on. But now they're all done for, so I guess Bungie no longer has to ever bother pretending to care about them.

I was going to buy a new chair and saw GT Racing was having a sale, but the model I liked was both out of stock and nearly $200, so I said fuck no and hit up eBay like usual. Looked around and saw some decent stuff and then found the exact GTR model I wanted. Guy was selling it at half the manufacturer's price and allowing offers, but he didn't accept my offer so I just decided to purchase it outright; I simply couldn't pass up a deal this good. But now I have to wait for it to arrive.

Leave a comment:

• Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man

• Agent Purple
    replied
    Managed to grind the 3-win bounty for Trials of Osiris and got my Warlock a spiffy new helmet. I need to do my Titan and Hunter, at least my Titan, tomorrow night. We also managed to get a fairly skilled third player and we scored a few wins, rounds only and not matches, but it got me my Shayura's Wrath sub-machine gun and that thing is a nice addition to my arsenal. I'm going to have to make a habit of cliff jumping every weekend. Managed to put a little time into clearing a few unnecessary items from my vault but there's a long way to go before things are handled. Haven't gotten Beyond Light campaign progressed for a little bit so I need to get back to that one day.

I also spent a portion of this morning doing missions and gained around ten levels in the Division 2 season pass, so I should be able to finish everything before the season ends in around 4 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man

• Agent Purple
    replied
    Player stats for Spider-Man: Miles Morales (big pic)

Leave a comment:

• Parrylakks
    Neko Samurai

• Parrylakks
    replied
    I completed this season's challenges in Destiny today, and watched a friend burn out on the game as we ran some Trials for one of them. Pretty sad, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's back on in a couple weeks. As for myself. Now that I'm done with the season, I'll probably only play when my clan wants to Raid or they need a third for some Nightfalls.

I also finally started God of War this past week, so I'll probably focus on that for awhile.

Leave a comment:

• Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man

• Agent Purple
    replied
    Bought Beyond Light, but had to do a bunch of chores and I was chasing both the last kill I needed for the Dredgen title and also raising up my Division 2 season pass, as well as a few household chores, so I haven't had a minute to even try to do the campaign or LFG for Trials to get the SMG. I'll have to do that tomorrow night.

For the past few hours it's been raining like hell. Pool's almost filled to the brim, the lights started flickering the moment I turned on my console, so I'm just going to do my gaming after Monday's shift is over.

Leave a comment:

• TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    New dead space game.._.. Not sure how i feel ea just showed a small teaser. I hated 3. Its rumored to be a full remake
    TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by TazzMission; 07-23-2021, 04:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Parrylakks
    Neko Samurai

• Parrylakks
    replied
    Since Hung Jury was the nightfall reward for this week, I spent all day grinding the Inverted Spire strike (hero difficulty). I must have done that damn mission 50 times, 9 am to 9 pm, only a few breaks in between, and I got the Wardcliff Coil catalyst in my second-to-last run and then finally got Hung Jury the next go, on the verge of giving up. I did get a bunch of minor rewards (some well-roled exotic armors, bunch of enhancement cores, materials) but all I wanted was that damn rifle. What a relief to at last be done with it.
    50 runs for your first Hung Jury?! Oof, and I thought my 27 runs for my first one was bad.

So last night I tried to get a second Hung Jury, succeeded (also a decent roll) and then saw my one friend was online. I hopped into his session and we chatted, and then we went into the Last Wish raid to get the free chest. I got some gloves, a rocket launcher, and a fusion rifle (buddy was hella jealous at that last one). I told him I wanted the auto rifle.

Come home today and try again on my Hunter, and lo and behold I got a well-rolled auto from the free chest. Then I got legs and then a sniper rifle (and a couple raid-only mods). I'm going to enjoy the hell out of that auto rifle (and yes, I immediately masterworked it).
    Nice, all I want is the bow from that raid, but I never seem to be get it.

Leave a comment:

• Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man

• Agent Purple
    replied
    PSN is having a huge sale, and I mean huge. So much shit on offer it's insane. And there's a ton of stuff that I want at pretty noticeable discounts, so it looks like I will be nursing my wallet back to health for months after this.

Included this time around, I will have to finally get Beyond Light, Monster Hunter World, Resident Evil 2, Maneater at the least. If Thief is still only $2 then I'll grab that too (it's practically always that price nowadays).

Leave a comment:

• Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man

• Agent Purple
    replied
    So last night I tried to get a second Hung Jury, succeeded (also a decent roll) and then saw my one friend was online. I hopped into his session and we chatted, and then we went into the Last Wish raid to get the free chest. I got some gloves, a rocket launcher, and a fusion rifle (buddy was hella jealous at that last one). I told him I wanted the auto rifle.

Come home today and try again on my Hunter, and lo and behold I got a well-rolled auto from the free chest. Then I got legs and then a sniper rifle (and a couple raid-only mods). I'm going to enjoy the hell out of that auto rifle (and yes, I immediately masterworked it).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X