Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    Loving shredders revenge and multiverses. Multiverses is free very similar to smash bros with wb characters. Fingers crossed for Hanna Barbara characters.

Leave a comment:

• TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    Still playing wwe 2k22. It feels more like a arcade fighter. Think mk combo buttons compared to single button attacks like 0 being pin x for heavt punch. The new pinning system is activated with R3 . The titles and arenas look spectacular do to enhanced lighting.

Leave a comment:

• TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    I heard What Culture's review and they see in the same boat--this is the best the series has been in a long while, but not the best wrestling game ever. I plan to get it some day. Right now, I'm working on Hitman 3.
    Im still getting ajusted to the controls do to them being the same for about a decade but i like them very nice overhaul. The weapon damage is nice i managed to make a kendo stick explode after using it i counted 5 or 6 hits before exploding. The camera angles are nice also. Apparently you can link spotify to create a wrestler for theme songs. I havent tried it yet but when i do ill be using some bob seger rage against the machine guns n roses for theme songs. Im waiting till black Friday to buy season pass because thats 40 Bucks outside the regular game
    TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by TazzMission; 03-12-2022, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    I heard What Culture's review and they see in the same boat--this is the best the series has been in a long while, but not the best wrestling game ever. I plan to get it some day. Right now, I'm working on Hitman 3.

Leave a comment:

• TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    I Started playing wwe 2k22 lastnight. Very nice control overhaul. You can actually block now by holding y or triangle depending on what system your on. I agree with ign this feels more like a fighter insead of a wrestling simulator. Visually the wrestlers look fantastic. Im only doing exibition for now and made my first wwe wrestler. From what i played so far i agree with ign on a 8. Theres 3 editions and can be pricey. I got the regular 60 dollar version. I got thhe undertaker immortal pack free when i pre ordered. Karrion kross is my wwe champion

Leave a comment:

• TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    Thursday ill give my thoughts on wwe 2k22. Automatic dload is Thursday. I just read rvd stacy kiebler la knight will be dlc

Leave a comment:

• TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe

• TazzMission
    replied
    Wwe 2k22 will have machine gun kelly as dlc. Now i have a celebraty i hate i can toss of the hell in a cell that isnt a created wrestler from community creations

Leave a comment:

• Parrylakks
    Neko Samurai

• Parrylakks
    replied
    I got Spider-Man: Miles Morales and the Nioh Complete Remastered Collection on PS5 this week. Haven't started Miles Morales yet, but I am looking forward to it. Some of my friends play the Nioh games, so I'll be playing both of them slowly as we're not always on at the same time.

Meanwhile, I've been enjoying Skyrim and all the new little things that have been added for the Anniversary Edition. I'm amused that I'm 29 hours into this new playthrough but I still haven't talked to the Jarl of Whiterun to start the main quest, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man

• Agent Purple
    replied
    Saw my dad for his birthday yesterday, brought him dinner I'd preordered from a good place. Later on I wanted to buy my dad The Outer Worlds but he refused, so we watched a bit of SkillUp's review and dad said he'd think it over. I also mentioned Wasteland 3. Maybe for Christmas but right now he insists on Skyrim Special Edition or whatever it is this time.

Also loaded up Destiny 1 again. I mostly just wanted to take pics of my old armor and weapons, maybe finish a bounty or two for rare rewards. Oh god, the movement even in the Tower is uncomfortable, and in Crucible makes it obvious as hell that having boosted sprint and turning is imperative. Gunplay is also not as crisp as in 2, so getting the bounties done is going to be a grind. I'm afraid to even ask my clan to help me through any raids even though I still need Outbreak Prime and haven't done King's Fall or Wrath of the Machine on my Warlock and Titan.

Bought The Messenger indie game and the City That Never Sleeps bundle for Spider-Man on the recent PS4 sale, and there are a couple of discounted items I'm looking at in a current sale but otherwise light offerings; but hey, AVGN Adventures I and II bundle is on sale so I'm definitely getting that!

I deleted Return to Arkham Asylum from my external to save space for other games and because the only things left for me were the more difficult challenge maps, and given how sluggish combat is in that game then I'm just gonna save myself the trouble of attempting to platinum the game. Once I get the Calendar Man trophy I might do some more challenge maps but otherwise I might just delete Arkham City as well and go back to actually move past the beginning in Knight.

Leave a comment:

• Parrylakks
    Neko Samurai

• Parrylakks
    replied
    Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    ^Very cool. What will be your first game?
    I've got the PS5 versions of Ghost of Tsushima, Jedi Fallen Order, Destiny 2, Outriders, The Avengers, and Skyrim. I haven't played Jedi Fallen Order or The Avengers (save for the beta), so those will both be new. Ghost of Tsushima already looked beautiful, but now it's just insane (you can see people and animals from a literal kilometer away from high enough vantage points). I was honestly shocked by how great Destiny 2 looks in 4K with 60fps -- it genuinely looks and almost even feels like a different game. I haven't looked at Outriders, yet, but it was down ported to PS4, so being at the level it's supposed to be should make it infinitely better, as well. Skyrim is Skyrim, but the Anniversary Edition has so much new stuff it's crazy.

The real shock to the system has been the load times, though. As in they aren't a thing anymore. Destiny 2's notoriously long load times have been changed from minutes to seconds, even with my crappy internet. Meanwhile, neither Tsushima or Skyrim even have loading screens anymore. Seriously, I played Skyrim for a good two hours tonight and didn't see a single loading screen. Same with Tsushima -- I could literally fast travel across the entire island without even a second of load time. It's crazy.

I don't have any of the PS5/next gen exclusives, yet, but I've got my eye on a few. Final Fantasy XVI doesn't have a release date yet, but a remake of the original called Stranger in Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin is due out in February and looks great. And of course I'm super stoked for Dragon Age 4 (it's my favorite video game franchise), but it doesn't have a release date yet, either.

Aside from that, I've got 40 PS4 games on my External HDD that I can play with faster load speeds and up-scaled 4K, which isn't as good as the real thing, obviously, but still noticeably better than normal. To top it off, it has all the steaming apps, so now I can use HBOmax and Disney+ in 4K UHD without HDR (as my UHD player, doesn't have those apps), and that makes the cinephile in me very happy. Oh, and I also got a new 3D surround sound gaming headset that is amazing.

All in all, it's a pretty great use of $500. I'm super happy with it.

Leave a comment:

• Space Cop
    The Dandy

• Space Cop
    replied
    ^Very cool. What will be your first game?

Leave a comment:

• Parrylakks
    Neko Samurai

• Parrylakks
    replied
    On Monday, I got an invite to the PS Direct queue for Tuesday.
    On Tuesday, I accessed the queue early to ensure I got a spot.
    On Wednesday, I was notified that UPS would deliver it soon.
    On Thursday, I finally got to enjoy some true 4K gaming.
    I have entered the new generation. I now own a PS5!

Leave a comment:

• Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man

• Agent Purple
    replied
    Decided to take a chance today to do a solo Master difficulty Lost Sector on Europa, died maybe half a dozen times but at least the game lets you self-revive if you have extra lives. Needed it for the Splintered title and this was probably the easiest of the three, what with the NPCs that can help. Didn't get any good loot and I'm not eager to try again so I'll just steadily move on with the other challenges I need to complete.

Leave a comment:

• Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man

• Agent Purple
    replied
    So I took the time today to empty out my entertainment center and unplug, clean, and set aside unused electronics. My PS3, DVD player, and my launch-edition Xbox 360 are no longer in front of me. I need to get thumbstick covers for the two PS controllers I have since those are feeling as sticky as ever and scrubbing them made no difference, and I decided I really should take the plunge and find out how to disassemble and clean the inside of my PS3 and possibly 360.

One thing that felt really strange was unplugging the power brick of the Xbox 360 because I have had that lit for several years even without actively using it or barely using it (but that's also because the disc tray is faulty).

Gonna have to get bags and boxes for the old sets so that everything stays together and I don't lose any of it.

Leave a comment:

• Agent Purple
    The Illustrated Man

• Agent Purple
    replied
    VHS might not be out in full for another year. Disappointing but hopefully it is indeed amazing.

I actually got around to cleaning my PS4, but only a bit. I don't have the right tools myself so I asked a coworker in maintenance and he loaned me a few things, but that only got me halfway. I was able to get some of the heavy dust out of my console but couldn't remove the power supply so a bunch is still in there until at least tomorrow evening.

New World is a dangerous game. I mean that literally. Amazon can't figure out fucking HTML, which is why people can completely obscure your screen by uploading an image into the chat service or even cause your computer to outright crash by typing in a certain code and then if you simply hover your cursor over it, you will crash and need to restart your system. ACG has a brief video on how fucked the game is on many levels.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X