Lego Marvel and Lego Batman 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lego Marvel and Lego Batman 2

I was watching the opening to Lego Marvel and noticed its a WB game. I know Lego Batman 2 came out before Lego Marvel but it blows my mind how much more ass Lego Marvel kicks than Lego Batman 2. Batman has what, 38 characters you can choose from that also included a ton of Batman villains? Lego Marvel had like 150 PLUS alternate costumes and the advantage of the Big Lego figures. WB needs to get their shit straight and not let the competition beat them in terms of awesomeness. It wouldn't be as shocking if it WASN'T a WB game...

Instead of Archangel give me Hawkman. Rather than Sandman imagine Metamorpho with the same types of animations and effects. As for the Big Lego characters, how 'bout giving Martian Manhunter two distinct forms kinda like how they did Venom? Maybe make Cyborg big? Lanterns like Kyle and Hal could have Big Lego forms like construct armor even. Kilowog and Atrocitus for sure would be Big Legos...

150 DC characters. Can you imagine how incredible it could be? The Watchtower would be the equivalent of the SHIELD Helicarrier, maybe base it in one city like Metropolis or even go for two or three like DCUO. I'd personally wanna see a few different Firestorms as well as GLs, the Question, New52 versions of everybody with more detail in the arms and legs since Marvel took advantage of that..., SWAMP THING would be cool to see, Deadman could have Mastermind type powers and jump into people....

I wanna know what everyone else would want to see? Should WB not help the competition?

~KL~

LEGO Batman 2 had 50 characters (plus more that were DLC, I think. I didn't get any). And it did have Hawkman. And Hawkgirl, for that matter.

But yeah, it could have had more variety, for sure. And I thought it was stupid that Martian Manhunter didn't have invisibility power when that WAS a power in the game.

Comment

I didn't like Lego Batman enough to even buy 2 even with all the extra characters. It's like the gameplay was even better for the Marvel game. The graphics, character designs, etc... just seemed more well thought out.

Imagine a broader DCU game that includes timelost LoSH characters, the Teen Titans, the Leagues, the Batman family of course, Doom Patrol, the Outsiders, Red Hood and the Outlaws... it would be so awesome.

~KL~

Comment

Oh, I agree. LEGO Batman 2 was a step in the right direction, but it still focused mainly on Batman. LEGO Marvel didn't focus on any one hero, but was all over the place with variety. Even if a DC LEGO game had just as many characters, if the gameplay was still focused on Batman (even in LEGO Batman 2 I think he was in EVERY level of story play) they will really be missing out on the opportunity to make something as cool as LEGO Marvel was. And I'm not even a Marvel reader. I know very little about the characters featured except inasmuch as they appeared in the movies, and I STILL found the game amazing.

One thing I did like about LEGO Batman was the ability to actually play as the villains in half the levels. Yeah, LEGO Marvel lets you unlock them and play as them in the hub and in free play, but you were never really playing as a villain that was trying to BE a villain. Half the levels may be a bit much, but a few villain levels would be welcome (perhaps the various unlockable bonus levels could have been villain levels rather than the, admittedly enjoyable, small (sometimes jokey) supplemental hero levels we got...)

Comment

A real Lego DC could open up the broader DCU to the world. It's a mistake NOT making it...

~KL~

Comment

...especially with a cinematic universe being built.

I'm REALLY trying to make topics we could discuss for awhile to liven the place up. Did somebody already post something like this already?

I was thinking about Big Legos earlier and thought maybe the individual Metal Men could all have a secondary big lego form for Alloy? Maybe the animation has the character turn into a puddle then the other colored puddles come from nowhere and Alloy rises.... Just not the size of a building...

~KL~

Comment

Working...
            X