• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Jurgens and Mike Perkins take over Green Lanterns with #50

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...terns-in-july/

Blech I do not like that cover

Comment

Jurgens is fantastic. Perkins is alright. I just wish this didn't star Simon and Jessica exclusively.

Comment

As long as they keep the characters on course, and not on some superman crap like Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, everything will be cool.

Comment

If Jurgens is doing anything other than Superman... the title will get cancelled in less than ten issues. He couldn't save Firestorm from getting the ax, and he failed to make Aquaman & the Others worthwhile.

- Ω

Comment

I have a soft spot for Jurgens. Any of you guys ever read that 9 part Flash Gordon mini series he did for DC in the late 80s?

Comment

I like Jurgens as well. I liked his 90s Superman stuff, though I'm sure the mileage varies per person. That Flash Gordon mini was pretty good, I still have those.

Hopefully his stories are good, though this probably just a short term solution while DC figures the two ongoing titles out.

Comment

Jurgens will likely only contribute filler stories until the book is cancelled. DC likely only did this to give the guy some work in the industry. For positions like this, personally, I think DC would be better off trying their hand at totally new talent instead of people like Dan Jurgens and Marv Wolfman, who is doing the same thing for the Cyborg title. I mean, DC is likely not expecting the book to sell big numbers and the upcoming stories are probably only meant to fill up space until the book ends, so it's a near risk free opportunity to give new people a shot and see how fans respond to them.

But oh well. I really like Dan Jurgens' work on Superman in the '90s, but the material I've seen from him more recently hasn't excited me. It kind of interests me how many writers and artists seem to get worse as they get older. It's not like this is sports. Writers being drained of their best ideas I can understand, I guess, but the artists truly baffle me. See Neal Adams, for example. And even Dan Jurgens' recent art isn't as good to me as his stuff in the 90s. His stuff now is, like, boring, while his '90s stuff is a lot of fun to look at, even today. Maybe they just stop trying, I dunno'. I guess it's not like they have to prove themselves anymore.
                Star-Lantern
                Weaponer of Qward
                Last edited by Star-Lantern; 05-01-2018, 09:09 PM.
                ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Yeah, Jurgens for the last hurrah.

Comment

Working...
                  X