The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

The Green Lantern Corps Message Board (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Comics (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The DC Comics Thread Vol. 3 (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24365)

Hypo 09-24-2016 01:09 AM

Teen Titans: Rebirth #1 Preview
Writer: Benjamin Percy
Artist: Jonboy Meyers

http://i.imgur.com/VXhXC00.png

Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye #1 Preview
Writer: Gerard Way & Jon Rivera
Artist: Michael Avon Oeming

http://i.imgur.com/S12JMbu.png?1

Ωmega Man 09-24-2016 02:05 AM

I really don't like the idea of Damian leading the Titans, or Starfire and Raven being put back into the minor leagues. If they wanted to get back to the point the comic was doing great they'd need the new generation with a couple of mentors similar to the Geoff/McKone Teen Titans.

I'd much rather have Duke run around with a new team [though not leading them] with a couple members of the 20-Something Titans mentoring the squad.

~M~

Agent Purple 09-24-2016 02:18 AM

That won't happen until DC acknowledges that the "classic" Titans have matured enough to be regarded as more than children, and given how ingrained the idea is that the Teen Titans consist of a "classic lineup," that won't be happening anytime soon. DC is just too unwilling to depart from the usual suspects, which means that no matter how good things get, it can still be called the same old, same old.

Ωmega Man 09-24-2016 02:26 AM

I mean it's pretty straight forward with the two teams. Though the idea would presumably have to wait till the adult Titans have been around a minute and somewhat get their memories/history back, as well as Damian to be dropped as a leader on the younger team. He only wants the team together for his own selfish reasons. To hell with him LOL

But I get what you're saying with making it enough like the classic but different enough to call it 'new'. This team is basically the animated Teen Titans with Damian replacing Dick and Kid Flash replacing Cyborg.

~M~

Hypo 09-25-2016 12:44 AM

Quote:

A new cover and additional creators involved in the benefit anthology Love Is Love have been released by IDW Publishing. This title, done in partnership with DC Comics, is being done to benefit survivors of the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando which took place earlier this year, via the charity organization Equality Florida.

“When tragedy happens, art responds. And after the Pulse massacre, the comics community responded quickly, decisively, and with open hearts,” said project organizer and writer Marc Andreyko. “I could not be more proud of this book, or to be a member of the comics community. The talent and emotion on every page is staggering. Love Is Love mourns the 49 lost, honors the survivors, and celebrates love in all forms.”
Quote:

Love Is Love is scheduled to include work by Phil Jimenez, Steve Sadowski, Paul Jenkins, Mike Carey, Matt Wagner, Marguerite Bennett, Aneke, Damon Lindelof, Patton Oswalt, Steven Orlando, Rafael Albuquerque, Jason Aaron, Jason Latour, James Asmus, Ming Doyle, James Tynion IV, Cecil Castellucci, Brandon Peterson, Jesus Saiz, Olivier Coipel, Leinil Yu, Elsa Charretier, with more yet to be announced.

In addition to IDW and DC characters and creators involved, titles from other publishers will be represented including Image's Southern Bastards with a new story by Jason Aaron and Jason Latour.

“When Marc brought this project to me, there was no hesitation about us getting involved,” added IDW Chief Creative Officer Chris Ryall. “To echo Marc’s sentiments, we are proud of the hard work and talent that has gone into this project and to be involved in any way to support the survivors and their families in the face of tragedy.”

Vertigo Group Editor Jamie Rich echoed their sentiments, saying “Marc's heartfelt passion for this cause and this project has inspired everyone involved in Love Is Love. As an editor on the book, I continue to be moved every day by the expressions of hope and love the contributors have put forth, and can only imagine the profound impact the book will have on readers, as well.”

In addition to the list of contributing creators IDW released a variant cover for the anthology. Love Is Love is 144 pages, and is due out in December.

Hypo 09-25-2016 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -M- (Post 934179)
I'd much rather have Duke run around with a new team [though not leading them] with a couple members of the 20-Something Titans mentoring the squad.

Blech, no. Duke literally hasn't done anything.

Anyways this is some of the art stephen Byrne did to get on Green Arrow:

http://i.imgur.com/YzpabMn.png?1

And this is your weekly reminder that Doc Shaner is good:

http://i.imgur.com/A8LbJod.png

Ωmega Man 09-25-2016 09:49 PM

I mostly hate Damian because bringing in an actual son at this point in the game makes all the other Robins look redundant. Duke is more of a Robins' Robin if that makes sense.

Please though, get him outta that yellow suit with the bat on his face. He can wear yellow eventually as Lark, but damn the yellow suit with the Bat face is just ugly.

~M~

"Chosen" 09-25-2016 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -M- (Post 934227)
I mostly hate Damian because bringing in an actual son at this point in the game makes all the other Robins look redundant. Duke is more of a Robins' Robin if that makes sense.

~M~

no that doesn't make sense

Ωmega Man 09-26-2016 12:51 AM

Damian thinks he deserves to be Robin. He thinks he's the rightful heir to be the Batman. None of the other Robins were pretentious little shits. Duke is another young vigilante in need of a mentor, while Damian thinks everything should be handed to him because of who his grandfather is and who his father is. Just never cared for the little bastard.

I know he's got his fans, I just ain't one of 'em. Tim was always my favorite Robin, and even rocked as a solo Red Robin before the New52 turned him into a convoluted mess of Lobdell Titans shit.

~M~

Fearless 09-26-2016 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -M- (Post 934239)
Damian thinks he deserves to be Robin. He thinks he's the rightful heir to be the Batman. None of the other Robins were pretentious little shits. Duke is another young vigilante in need of a mentor, while Damian thinks everything should be handed to him because of who his grandfather is and who his father is. Just never cared for the little bastard.

I know he's got his fans, I just ain't one of 'em.

Yeah, Damian is, by and far, the worst Robin.

Hypo 09-26-2016 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -M- (Post 934239)
Damian thinks he deserves to be Robin. He thinks he's the rightful heir to be the Batman. None of the other Robins were pretentious little shits. Duke is another young vigilante in need of a mentor, while Damian thinks everything should be handed to him because of who his grandfather is and who his father is.

Anyone who thinks this hasn't read the ~10 years worth of character development he's gone through.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearless (Post 934241)
Yeah, Damian is, by and far, the best Robin.

FTFY

"Chosen" 09-26-2016 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypo (Post 934244)
Anyone who thinks this hasn't read the ~10 years worth of character development he's gone through.

FTFY

Word. On both accounts.

W.West 09-26-2016 10:51 AM

HAHHAHAHA Damian is legit the BEST Robin. Dick the best character, but most of his interesting stuff comes as Nightwing. Tim is interesting, NOW, but most of his interesting is him being around in a Batman story while Damian was heavily involved in the stories he shared with Batman.

Ωmega Man 09-26-2016 12:21 PM

Tim's Titans > Damian's Titans [not gonna bring up the craptastic New52 iteration though]

Damian still makes all the other Robins look redundant, and that's why I never cared for him or the whole concept of Batman actually having a son. After having three sidekicks for extended periods of time... bringing in a kid that's 10-12 years old that Bruce never knew about makes Bruce look like a complete dipshit and far from the 'world's greatest detective'. The only time I liked seeing him in comics when he was portrayed more as a villain, like in Injustice after he kills Grayson and remains on Superman's side. Much more compelling when the bastard son of Batman is a villain rather than just another Robin or another hero. Then again we've seen that done to death in comics too with Jim Gordon's son, Powergirl's kid, etc...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearless (Post 934241)
Yeah, Damian is, by and far, the worst Robin.

I knew we still agreed on certain stuff. You should see me arguing about this same topic on the roleplayer forums. My distaste in Damian pisses off way too many people LOL

~M~

Space Cop 09-26-2016 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -M- (Post 934252)
...My distaste in Damian pisses off way too many people ...

For my part, I hated him when he first appeared (which is what Grant was going for), but he grew on me. Sure, he's an a-hole and if he were a real kid, I wouldn't want to know him, but he's entertaining (imho). And he gave us Bat Cow!

And I say that as a (pre-New 52) Tim fan. I collected the Tim Robin comics for years before Damian popped up.

Booster Beetle 09-26-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.West (Post 934250)
HAHHAHAHA Damian is legit the BEST Robin. Dick the best character, but most of his interesting stuff comes as Nightwing. Tim is interesting, NOW, but most of his interesting is him being around in a Batman story while Damian was heavily involved in the stories he shared with Batman.

Quote:

FTFY

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Chosen" (Post 934245)
Word. On both accounts.

Sure Damian's cool now, but Tim is obviously the best Robin

EmeraldGladiator 09-26-2016 02:05 PM

my favorite Tim stories were the first ones, with Clyde Rawlins and the King Snake, I wish there were more of those. As for favorite Robin I have never felt that debate while I am fierce when it comes to favorite GL's.

Fearless 09-26-2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

FTFY

Tt. No, you didn't. ;)

Quote:

And look at how little has been accomplished. Damian is still basically the same character he was when he started out: entitled, pretentious, annoying. ...That last one may be a matter of opinion, but I stand by my assessment. Of all the horrible, confusing things to come out of Grant Morrison's turn on Batman, Damian is Top 5, easy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.West (Post 934250)
HAHHAHAHA Damian is legit the WORST Robin.

FTFY. :p

Agent Purple 09-26-2016 08:59 PM

Jason will always be the worst sidekick. Total disgrace.

Hypo 09-26-2016 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booster Beetle (Post 934255)
Sure Damian's cool now, but Tim is obviously the best Robin

I'm pretty pissed that they've benched him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearless (Post 934281)
And look at how little has been accomplished. Damian is still basically the same character he was when he started out: entitled, pretentious, annoying.

Like I said, if you just plain ignore the past 10 years worth of stories then yes he's the same one dimensional character he was when he was introduced in Batman and Son. If you acknowledge them, he's changed a ton.

Like if you look at the current Damian and seeing him as a shallow, pretentious one dimensional character then I really don't see how you can be a fan of Bruce Wayne/Batman either, they're extremely similar.

Anyways here's some Green Arrow 75th anniversary teaser art:

http://i.imgur.com/WyXHVxY.png?1

Booster Beetle 09-27-2016 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypo (Post 934300)
I'm pretty pissed that they've benched him.

I don't think he'll be gone too long

Fearless 09-27-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booster Beetle (Post 934301)

Once they sort out whatever is going on with this Mr. Oz character...

"Chosen" 09-27-2016 03:27 PM

He should've taken Kyle with him.

"Chosen" 09-27-2016 03:29 PM

Regarding Damian's character development...

http://i68.tinypic.com/so8kfr.jpg

Hypo 09-27-2016 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booster Beetle (Post 934301)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearless (Post 934322)
Once they sort out whatever is going on with this Mr. Oz character...

I'm assuming they won't resolve that plot until 2018 when Johns returns to wrap up the Rebirth story.