The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

The Green Lantern Corps Message Board (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/index.php)
-   General/About Us (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   the Science & Tech thread (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20502)

Kuhan 01-07-2011 05:33 PM

Tech Talk: Ice Cream Sandwich and the Galaxy Nexus
 
http://wiki.twit.tv/w/images/Ces300.jpg

Come join us: http://live.twit.tv/

Darth_Primus 01-07-2011 05:41 PM

Nice. Sylent would goto to Vegas at this time of year, but it wasn't for CES.

Sylent_Asassin 01-07-2011 05:51 PM

I'm actually interested in some of the new phones that will be displayed at the CES this year.

Kuhan 01-07-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Primus (Post 517819)
Nice. Sylent would goto to Vegas at this time of year, but it wasn't for CES.

Adult Entertainment Expo IS right next door lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by sylent_asassin (Post 517825)
I'm actually interested in some of the new phones that will be displayed at the CES this year.

yeah, a bunch of that stuff is pretty cool.

Darth_Primus 01-07-2011 05:57 PM

I'll be looking to get an iPad 2.0 or something comparable this year. It will need to have a camera and a USB port.

Darth_Primus 01-07-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuhan (Post 517832)
Adult Entertainment Expo IS right next door lol

You've been there before?

Kuhan 01-07-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Primus (Post 517838)
I'll be looking to get an iPad 2.0 or something comparable this year. It will need to have a camera and a USB port.

Get an Android tablet with Honeycomb. Like the Motorola Xoom.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Primus (Post 517840)
You've been there before?

haha no, but TWiT's coverage keeps mentioning it :p

Sylent_Asassin 01-07-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Primus (Post 517838)
I'll be looking to get an iPad 2.0 or something comparable this year. It will need to have a camera and a USB port.

and printer accessible. My wife has the iPad and all it's good for is surfing the net. My laptop can do so much more and costs less.

Darth_Primus 01-07-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Primus (Post 517840)
You've been there before?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuhan (Post 517847)
haha no, but TWiT's coverage keeps mentioning it :p


Bummer. I thought you might have some good stories to tell.

TheGoatLantern 01-07-2011 06:03 PM

I'll be picking up a Xoom on release, and prolly gonna switch to the Droid bionic when it's released

Kuhan 01-07-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Primus (Post 517854)
Bummer. I thought you might have some good stories to tell.

...I'm 17 :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern (Post 517856)
I'll be picking up a Xoom on release, and prolly gonna switch to the Droid bionic when it's released

I'd get the Atrix. same thing, but it's compatible with that bitchin' Laptop dock.

Darth_Primus 01-07-2011 06:07 PM

When you get it, give us a review. I'm looking to get a tablet to take on the train and whatnot. I have a laptop, but I just looking for something more portable and with a touch screen. Probably subscribe to digital comics.

Darth_Primus 01-07-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuhan (Post 517861)
...I'm 17 :p


I'd get the Atrix. same thing, but it's compatible with that bitchin' Laptop dock.

Fake I.D., dude. :p

Kuhan 01-07-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Primus (Post 517862)
When you get it, give us a review. I'm looking to get a tablet to take on the train and whatnot. I have a laptop, but I just looking for something more portable and with a touch screen. Probably subscribe to digital comics.

I quite like the Galaxy Tab. The 7-inch stuff is nice, because they can fit in your pocket.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Primus (Post 517864)
Fake I.D., dude. :p

lol

TheGoatLantern 01-07-2011 06:34 PM

The atix is nice but I'm on VZW for life! Gotta love the LTE coverage!

Kuhan 01-07-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern (Post 517897)
The atix is nice but I'm on VZW for life! Gotta love the LTE coverage!

AT&T has LTE now too lol. I'm on T-Mobile. I leave the country sometimes, so I need GSM phones lol.

TheGoatLantern 01-07-2011 06:40 PM

LTE on At&t is hardly LTE at all ;)

Kuhan 01-07-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern (Post 517904)
LTE on At&t is hardly LTE at all ;)

touché. I'm good with HSPA+

TheGoatLantern 01-07-2011 06:42 PM

What phone do you have? Pre?

Kuhan 01-07-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern (Post 517908)
What phone do you have? Pre?

Is that crap even on TMo? I have the Samsung Vibrant. Arguably the best Android phone on the market. I do wish it had a FFC and Flash though.

TheGoatLantern 01-07-2011 06:49 PM

Some reason i thought you had a webOS phone, and I'm an HTC fan, I was going to talk you into getting the mytouch 4g ;)

Razorgod 01-07-2011 06:49 PM

My wife's Devour is no slouch.....I don't know about the best, but it's arguably pretty bad ass.

TheGoatLantern 01-07-2011 06:50 PM

MotoBlur is HORRIBLE!!!!!! no offense ;)

Razorgod 01-07-2011 06:53 PM

Why would I be offended, it's my wife's phone. I have a computer for all my computer needs.

Kuhan 01-07-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern (Post 517926)
Some reason i thought you had a webOS phone, and I'm an HTC fan, I was going to talk you into getting the mytouch 4g ;)

MyTouch 4G is UGLY. I'd get the G2 if anything. But... Super AMOLED! lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern (Post 517930)
MotoBlur is HORRIBLE!!!!!! no offense ;)

So I'm guessing you're running a custom ROM lol...

but we're crowding this thread.... SPLITTIN TIME!


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.