The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

The Green Lantern Corps Message Board (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & TV (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Any other Star Trek fans on here?? (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18857)

SuperBatLantern 06-24-2011 02:44 AM

Any other Star Trek fans on here??

As a GL fan, and a fan of the "space opera" genre in general, I've aways been a big fan of Star Trek as well.

I often wonder how many other GL fans are also "Trekkies".

For those of you who do share my love of Trek as well as Green Lantern, I'd like to invite you to follow my Star Trek related blog. It centers around a list some friends of mine and I created listing all the Trek episodes and movies in chronological order as they happen in the Star Trek Universe. Now that the list is complete, we'll be watching through the entire saga and blogging about it as we go.

If you're so inclined, you can follow along and join the discussion here.

In the meantime, this thread is the opportunity to "out" yourselves as Trek fans. :)

IonFan 06-24-2011 02:49 AM

i'm a Trek-fan

Robinson 06-24-2011 02:55 AM

more of a next genner.

but not a trekkie persay.

myuserid 06-24-2011 05:24 AM

Star Wars for me. :)

Hypo 06-24-2011 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myuserid (Post 600064)

I couldn't tell.

myuserid 06-24-2011 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypotherion (Post 600066)
I couldn't tell.

It's not something I talk about. :D

IonFan 06-24-2011 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myuserid (Post 600064)

YOU ARE DEAD TO ME SIR, DEAD I SAY :mad:

but Star Wars is cool too :D

TazzMission 06-24-2011 05:47 AM

well i never really cared for star trek but after i saw the recent jj film i liked it alot....

i have been watching next generation reruns alot so yea im a fan but not a trekkie

IonFan 06-24-2011 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TazzMission (Post 600080)
well i never really cared for star trek but after i saw the recent jj film i liked it alot....

i have been watching next generation reruns alot so yea im a fan but not a trekkie

:rollseyes: yeah but sadly thanks to JJ's ST the Next Gen. your looking at no longer exist :wallbang:

is JJ now working for DC :confused:

KlingonLantern 06-24-2011 12:34 PM

Take a look at my name here...need I say more?

Mister Ed 06-24-2011 12:59 PM

Trek fan here, too. In fact I believe I own, and have read, every Star Trek PRINT novel officially published to this point. Well, OK, I haven't read the last few I bought yet, but I will.

(I'm boycotting the E-book only offerings. I don't have a reader, and refuse to read an entire book off my computer screen. Plus they deliberately make them super short, even to the extent of splitting up regular length stories into multiple parts and selling them separately, but don't tell you that when you are buying them. To my mind, if they are saving publishing costs, these things should provide the SAME amount of content for the same or LOWER price, instead of HIGHER as it stands now.)

Bolerathon 06-24-2011 01:00 PM

Fan of the original series and TNG. Didn't like Voyager, was told I would like DS9 but I never saw it.

To me no series has lived up to Babylon 5 though.

SD80MAC 06-24-2011 01:02 PM

I'd say I'm a pretty hardcore Trek fan, enough that TNG is my favorite television show of all time.

Space Cop 06-24-2011 01:12 PM

Definitely a Trek fan (which hasn't stopped me from also being a Star Wars, Babylon 5, and Doctor Who fan). I've seen everything except large chunks of DS9. I consider myself more a TOS/Kirk fan, but like TNG (and even Voyager *gasp*).
However, (I'm sure in large part due to there being no new ST on air) lately my sci-fi TV fandom has been more focused on the Doctor.

"History will remember the name Enterprise!"

Space Cop 06-24-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlingonLantern (Post 600116)
Take a look at my name here...need I say more?

"I've never trusted Klingons and I never will."
;)

Robinson 06-24-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IonFan (Post 600084)
:rollseyes: yeah but sadly thanks to JJ's ST the Next Gen. your looking at no longer exist :wallbang:

It does still exist.

bOB spelled backwards 06-24-2011 01:32 PM

i grew up watching star trek with spock, mccoy, and kirk. i've never been a fan of captain kirk, but spock and mccoy were awesome. i truly enjoyed every character on next generation, but especially liked picard, data, worf, and geordi. also, i liked deep space nine, but could never really get into any of the other spin offs.

Space Cop 06-24-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bOB spelled backwards (Post 600147)
...i've never been a fan of captain kirk, ...

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/w...d-as-hell2.gif

Bolerathon 06-24-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Space Cop (Post 600138)
"I've never trusted Klingons and I never will."
;)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

bOB spelled backwards 06-24-2011 02:02 PM

LOL

Hypo 06-24-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IonFan (Post 600084)

I thought it was all alternate timelines now? :confused:

Anyways I'm certainly not a trekkie (more of a Star Wars guy) but I have been known to watched TNG and I did enjoy the recent movie.

On that note, I thought I might as well post this here: Star Trek comics return to IDW Publishing

TazzMission 06-24-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypotherion (Post 600196)

Anyways I'm certainly not a trekkie (more of a Star Wars guy) but I have been known to watched TNG and I did enjoy the recent movie.

On that note, I thought I might as well post this here: Star Trek comics return to IDW Publishing

yea im a uge star wars but but ive grown to like star trek the next generation.

one of my all time favorite shows back in the late 90s was farscape.

Sylent_Asassin 06-24-2011 04:19 PM

I'm certainly a Star Trek fan, but wouldn't classify myself as a "Trekkie" as I don't engage in vitriolic comparison conversations with other sci-fi fans. Besides, I equally enjoy Star Wars.

I've watched ALL of the classic Trek episodes and have most of the 9" doll action figures. I have some on display in "Sylent's Asylum" in the 'my collection' toy section of this forum.

It took me a while to get into TNG, but loved it once I did. I had the pleasure of meeting Marina Sirtis at a small convention. She was really cool, but I didn't care for her stooge handler that nickel and dimed us for photos.

DS9 was great, but I never really found time to catch the show. This was back when I was in college so I was more worried about getting laid than watching Trek.

I caught all of Voyager, which was decent in spots, but quickly became the 7 of 9 show once Jerri Ryan was cast. There was only a handful of really good episodes. They overused the Borg the way the Spidey writers overused Venom.

Enterprise was only okay for me. I checked it out on occasion just to get my sci-fi fix, but wasn't an avid fan. T'pol (Jolene Blalock) wasn't hot enough for me to go out of my way to religiously watch this show.

JMW326 06-24-2011 04:20 PM

True fan of Star Trek. I like all version of it. Not just one or two.

IonFan 06-24-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robinson (Post 600141)
It does still exist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypotherion (Post 600196)

ever time-traveling episode of ST disagrees with that, and until they come out with a new ST movie that shows that Next Gen. exist i still say that JJ killed 60+years of ST history