The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

The Green Lantern Corps Message Board (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Comics (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The DC Comics Thread Vol. 3 (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24365)

Ωmega Man 10-04-2016 03:21 PM

I just think a better approach to the whole sidekicks thing would be to have made it a little more diverse rather than three Justice Leaguers getting black sidekicks at the same time. I mean, they made Aqualad gay this time around but really they could've got to that sooner if he'd got more attention in the comics beyond appearances in Brightest Day.

If it were me I'd have Waller insist on a Supergirl clone ala Superboy using her human dna for a bodyguard/Suicide Squad agent [Waller never has to lose her really, she could just be recloned]. I'd keep the black iteration of Wally West and at some point make him age and become THE Flash for at least an arc, maybe give that Spanish Aquagirl a push cause she gets no love these days, and either increase Cassandra Cain's presence in a Batman related title [she could even pal around with Batgirl] or I'd make like a Korean Robin.

In a perfect world though, I'd also have an Obsidian monthly or mini series as well as a couple for Apache Chief/Longshadow and Chief Man of Bats and Raven Red.

~M~

Hypo 10-04-2016 05:34 PM

Quote:

Warren Ellis will return to DC, to work on some of the characters that made him a household name among comic book fans, as the curator of a new pop-up imprint called WildStorm, ComicBook.com has learned exclusively.

Following on the heels of the success of Gerard Way's Young Animal imprint, WildStorm will take a similar approach, with Ellis writing the "main" book and curating the others.

WildStorm will debut mid-February 2017 with a regular monthly comic titled The Wild Storm, written by Ellis with art by Jon Davis-Hunt (Vertigo’s Clean Room). This ongoing series will reset the known WildStorm universe and introduce new iterations of WildStorm characters such as Grifter, Voodoo, The Engineer, Jenny Sparks and others.

"After long reflection, I couldn't turn down the invitation to renovate the house that Jim Lee built, and refit its unique combination of cosmic paranoia and paramilitary conspiracy for the post-political space madness of the twenty-teens,” said Ellis. “Looking back to look forward."

THE WILD STORM will serve as a launching pad for several future series: Michael Cray, WildC.A.T.S. and Zealot. No creative team announcements have yet been made for those books.

“There are precious few visionaries in our business and fewer still like Warren who can elevate mythos with both stylistic panache and idiosyncratic spectacle. His work at WildStorm remains the tone which best defines and reflects the WildStorm Universe,” said DC Publisher Jim Lee. “I know I speak for WildStorm fans the world over when I say I can’t wait to see what Warren and Jon have in store for fans in February!”

The original WildStorm imprint started up at Image Comics under Lee, who was one of that company's seven founders. Launched in 1992, the imprint churned out a series of best-sellers during the boom of the '90s. After dipping his toes back into the Marvel waters with Heroes Reborn, Lee decided that he would rather be an artist tan a publisher and sold WildStorm and its properties to DC Comics in 1999. Lee has worked exclusively for DC since, and currently (ironically) serves as one of their two publishers.

Other WildStorm titles not included in this announcement include Wetworks, Gen 13, and StormWatch. StormWatch is one of the few WildStorm titles (along with Grifter and Voodoo) to have been given a chance in 2011's The New 52 relaunch. A Midnighter series was recently published at DC, to great critical acclaim but low sales. Its cancellation was quickly followed by the announcement that Midnighter writer Steve Orlando will write a Midnighter and Apollo miniseries for the publisher.

More information on the new imprint will be revealed on the “Meet the Publishers” panel at New York Comic Con on Saturday, October 8 from 4pm-5pm Eastern Time.

DC is making up-to-the-minute updates on their New York Comic Con announcements, panels and more through their DC All Access app, available on iOS and Android.

Ωmega Man 10-05-2016 02:38 AM

Didn't Ellis already see over a rebirth of Wildstorm once before?

~M~

Hypo 10-05-2016 02:55 AM

I think you're thinking of newuniversal.

Hypo 10-06-2016 02:30 AM

Aquaman #10 Variant by Joshua Middleton

http://i.imgur.com/H4rechj.png

Booster Beetle 10-06-2016 08:23 AM

Purty

W.West 10-06-2016 01:16 PM

Joshua Middleton is on that Ryan Sook list of artists who do amazing covers and rarely do interior work no matter how much I pray.

Hypo 10-07-2016 01:45 AM

DC Drops JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD Price
Quote:

DC Comics have informed retailers that the upcoming event title Justice League vs. Suicide Squad is being reduced in price, going from $4.99 U.S. to $3.99 U.S. - despite no change in the solicited page count of 40. No reason was given for this change.

IonFan 10-07-2016 04:27 AM

more them likely its cause no one cares about this "event" DC :rollseyes:

Hypo 10-07-2016 05:01 AM

Justice League vs. Suicide Squad #1 Cover by Jason Fabok

http://i.imgur.com/S52kEUa.png

Hypo 10-07-2016 04:57 PM

Jonboy Meyers is leaving Teen Titans.

Ωmega Man 10-08-2016 01:16 AM

This is like a new record for artists jumping off books. What'd he do the TT Rebirth #1 and the monthly TT #1?

Maybe he just doesn't like Damian either LOL

~M~

Hypo 10-08-2016 02:28 AM

Hypo 10-08-2016 03:41 AM

Alright, time for an info dump.

Was at the DC All Access panel on Thursday, Joshua Williamson mentioned that the following artists would be working on Justice League vs. Suicide Squad:
  • Jason Fabok
  • Tony Daniel
  • Jesus Merino
  • Fernando Pasarin
  • Robson Rocha
  • Howard Porter

The new Super-Sons book debuting in February will be written by Tomasi, Frank Miller wants to do a Superman book set during WWII, Bleeding Cool is hearing rumblings of a Power Rangers/Justice League book, and if you're a Darwyn Cooke fan the current Superman arc is doing a nice tribute to The New Frontier.

Agent Purple 10-08-2016 03:51 AM

WWII Superman will be about corrupt hookers.

Like everything that asshole writes.

Big Daddy Dave Skywalker 10-08-2016 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Purple (Post 934808)
WWII Superman will be about corrupt hookers.

Like everything that asshole writes.

Pretty much.

Fearless 10-08-2016 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypo (Post 934767)

Oh, cool. Maybe I'll check the book out then...

Quote:

Originally Posted by -M- (Post 934800)
Maybe he just doesn't like Damian either LOL

:spritz:

Hypo 10-09-2016 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypo (Post 934630)

Per Jim Lee these books will be set on a separate WildStorm universe and Ellis has finished the scripts for the first 6 issues of his book.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypo (Post 934767)

Khoi Pham will be replacing him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypo (Post 934807)
The new Super-Sons book debuting in February will be written by Tomasi

Didio confirmed that Jimenez will be the artist.

Quote:

Bleeding Cool is hearing rumblings of a Power Rangers/Justice League book
Bleeding Cool hears more rumblings about this.

Hypo 10-09-2016 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypo (Post 933073)

http://i.imgur.com/obevAyP.png

Agent Purple 10-09-2016 03:23 AM

I see they've sexed up the robot maid and turned Astro into Marmaduke.

W.West 10-09-2016 07:51 AM

SMH at Rosie.

W.West 10-09-2016 07:54 AM

Khoi Pham on Teen Titans takes ALL the style away from the book. He's definitely more Tony Daniel than he is to Meyers. I'd hate to regurgitate this whole "Geoff Johns runs everything" stuff this site likes to believe, but bringing up two artists he worked with on Teen Titans seems odd.

Hypo 10-11-2016 11:37 PM

http://i.imgur.com/3F68b8w.png

Agent Purple 10-11-2016 11:53 PM

Forever Evil 2: The Quest for More Evil.

Fearless 10-12-2016 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Purple (Post 934964)
Forever Evil 2: The Quest for More Evil.

I think that I just threw-up in my mouth a little bit at the thought of that... :puke: