The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

The Green Lantern Corps Message Board (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Lantern on the Screen (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   What if GL Appeared in Supergirl? (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24541)

Ωmega Man 03-30-2017 06:18 AM

What if GL Appeared in Supergirl?
 
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Everybody that's been waiting and hoping for Hal/GL to appear in one of his best friends' shows might as well stop getting your hopes up.

http://screenrant.com/arrow-flash-le...nes-supergirl/

I'm surprised nobody has connected the dots in another thread, but Supergirl will be the only show/Earth that uses aliens. They've already used Martian Manhunter, Mon-El, and white Martians... so how long before we see a Lantern? Thing is though, with Supergirl... would they try and push the female Lantern? Would we get something of a Superman TAS approach where Cruz get's Abin's ring rather than Hal? Maybe Tomar Re could crashland on Earth while searching sector 2814 for Abin?

Unless a Crisis happens and the Earth's merge, Supergirl is the only show GL CAN show up on.

~//V\\~

Mister Ed 03-30-2017 12:59 PM

Wait, is the thread title just a troll? I see nothing here indicating that GL actually WILL show up on Supergirl.

Ωmega Man 03-30-2017 02:32 PM

I wouldn't say it's a troll more than just click bait LOL. The facts are accurate though, aliens won't show up in Arrow or Flash so that means the only place a GL can appear is Supergirl. I'm just wondering how low ratings would have to drop for them to pull out using a big gun like GL to get viewers back.

~//V\\~

Space Cop 03-30-2017 02:55 PM

I'm happy for GL never to appear in any of those shows so I don't have to watch them.

W.West 03-30-2017 03:00 PM

I can't believe you made me read all this.

Big Daddy Dave Skywalker 03-30-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Space Cop (Post 942171)
I'm happy for GL never to appear in any of those shows so I don't have to watch them.

Agreed. 100%

Big Daddy Dave Skywalker 03-30-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.West (Post 942173)
I can't believe you made me read all this.

I feel like I got conned.

Ωmega Man 03-30-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.West (Post 942173)
I can't believe you made me read all this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I (Post 942181)
I feel like I got conned.

I'm just trying to get more people on the forums LOL. Not as many views as I was hoping for in a day....

Did you see the big reveal w/Adrian Chase and Vigilante on Arrow, Dave?

~//V\\~

Big Daddy Dave Skywalker 03-31-2017 03:54 AM

No, just the episode where Vigilante debuted. Was there another episode that focused on him?

Ωmega Man 03-31-2017 04:01 AM

He's been a MAJOR character all season dude!?! Though if you want a pretty big spoiler that will likely send you in a rage....

In a rooftop brawl between season bigbad Prometheus and Vigilante... it was revealed the man using the alias Adrian Chase is actually Prometheus, NOT Vigilante. Vigilante's ID remains secret but the popular guess is it was a man who used to be called Adrian Chase who went off the grid to become Vigilante.

^^^ Highlight that of course if you want the spoiler.

EDIT: If you're still interested, V shows up in a handful of episodes.

~//V\\~

Big Daddy Dave Skywalker 03-31-2017 04:05 AM

That's awful!!

Ωmega Man 03-31-2017 04:16 AM

It was cool the first one or two times they pulled a switch on us in these types of shows, but it's become too damn redundant. However, I AM super pumped to see who V really is now. Is there anybody else it could be? Greg Saunders?

It's been said they're not ending with some major cliffhanger at the end of this Arrow season and they tie up all the loose ends. With next year making the flashbacks no more, I'm hoping we finally see Amell in a goatee and not brooding so damn much.

~//V\\~

Space Cop 03-31-2017 01:38 PM

My LCS manager is a big Vigilante fan and he's been all hyped for the Arrow appearances (maybe he's even mad at it, I don't know)--keeps forgetting I'm not one of his regulars that watches the show. Between his talk and the references I keep coming across of Vigilante (a character I barely am aware of) I decided to ordered the Wolfman trade coming out in a couple weeks.

Ωmega Man 03-31-2017 03:27 PM

I'm more a fan of the cowboy styled one than the guys trying to be the Punisher. I know there've been a few now, but the original cowboy themed one and Adrian Chase are the only one's I'm really familiar with.

~//V\\~

Big Daddy Dave Skywalker 03-31-2017 03:43 PM

When is that Wolfman trade coming out? I want that.

I actually own a page of original artwork from Vigilante #1. Love that version of the character.

Ωmega Man 03-31-2017 03:52 PM

The forums got a hundred hits in just over a day from this, why would you change the thread title?!? Every site I visit does this kinda thing on the regular!

A year from now when GL is announced to appear on an episode of Supergirl I expect the thread title to change back LOL.

~//V\\~

Big Daddy Dave Skywalker 03-31-2017 03:56 PM

You click baitin' bastard!

Space Cop 03-31-2017 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -//V\\- (Post 942224)
I'm more a fan of the cowboy styled one than the guys trying to be the Punisher. I know there've been a few now, but the original cowboy themed one and Adrian Chase are the only one's I'm really familiar with.

~//V\\~

So, those are two different iterations of the same character? I wasn't clear on that. I know JLU picked up on the cowboy one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I (Post 942225)
When is that Wolfman trade coming out? I want that.

April 19.

Big Daddy Dave Skywalker 03-31-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Space Cop (Post 942230)

April 19.

Cool, thanks. I put that in my phone as a reminder. I have the issues, but I enjoy the trades for quick rereading.

Kane2814 09-19-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -//V\\- (Post 942211)
It was cool the first one or two times they pulled a switch on us in these types of shows, but it's become too damn redundant. However, I AM super pumped to see who V really is now. Is there anybody else it could be? Greg Saunders?

It's become cliche at this point (Robin in "Dark Knight Rises," Butch in "Gotham," really being SG, etc...), but I get it. Comic fandom knows everyone by their real names so it becomes almost impossible to surprise anyone when we all know what's supposed to happen to a character the second they appear and that takes away a lot of the drama. I was also disappointed in the Vigilante reveal, but I am glad that they're making him an important character, rather than a throw-away or a scrub.

As for it being Greg Saunders, they've said it's going to be a character we've seen before. (which doesn't mean that they won't pull the same trick and reveal that his "real name" is Greg Saunders, but I doubt they'd pull that trick again with Vigilante) Maybe they'll pull a Winter Soldier and reveal it's actually a brain-washed Roy...

As for Hal or any GL on "Supergirl," I wouldn't mind an appearance when she's in space and we are introduced to their existence in an impressive way, but don't really have to have a full-on team-up, because I'd be afraid their tv budget would make GL look bad.

Big Blue Lantern 11-08-2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane2814 (Post 948617)
It's become cliche at this point (Robin in "Dark Knight Rises," Butch in "Gotham," really being SG, etc...), but I get it. Comic fandom knows everyone by their real names so it becomes almost impossible to surprise anyone when we all know what's supposed to happen to a character the second they appear and that takes away a lot of the drama. I was also disappointed in the Vigilante reveal, but I am glad that they're making him an important character, rather than a throw-away or a scrub.

As for it being Greg Saunders, they've said it's going to be a character we've seen before. (which doesn't mean that they won't pull the same trick and reveal that his "real name" is Greg Saunders, but I doubt they'd pull that trick again with Vigilante) Maybe they'll pull a Winter Soldier and reveal it's actually a brain-washed Roy...

As for Hal or any GL on "Supergirl," I wouldn't mind an appearance when she's in space and we are introduced to their existence in an impressive way, but don't really have to have a full-on team-up, because I'd be afraid their tv budget would make GL look bad.

You really shouldn't worry. This season's episode "Far From the Tree" was beyond anything I thought that we would see on TV in my lifetime in terms of CGI. It had multiple shape-shifting aliens, various types of alien artifacts, a transforming car-ship, multiple types of energy projection, and several otherworldly backdrops. A couple of episodes with GL wouldn't be difficult compared to that.

I'm still hoping for an adaptation of Red Daughter of Krypton. Even if it's something as simple as Atrocitus showing up and pretending to be Kara's friend so he can trick her into putting on a red ring, it would be a fitting way for a GL to enter the show and give her enough knowledge of a red lantern ring so that she could remove it.

Evergreen City 11-19-2017 06:51 PM

Nah. He's not going to show up in Supergirl's universe. We've now established aliens in Flash's world, they've teased that "one of our Ferris test pilots is missing", and the jacket showed up in a Coast City bar in an Arrow flashback. They'll figure it out.

Kane2814 01-22-2018 05:56 AM

It'll be an episode of "Arrow" where Hal needs Ollie's help because his ring ran out of juice and he doesn't get to recharge until the very end of the ep. Now that's how you bring in GL and keep it under budget ;)...


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.