Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

Draft a band.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft a band.

Draft a band: At least one singer, one drummer, one lead guitar, one bass. A fifth member of your choice.

But here's the catch: You can only draft from fiction. Comics, movies, video games, tv shows... Which means that you can draft B Rabbit from 8Mile, but not Eminem. Then of course, there are the Beatles, which played themselves. Which means that you can draft Ringo from Hard Day's Night.

Snaking draft, four hours between picks, same rules as always.

We can do this incognito like the Hottie drafts, or we just pick as ourselves, your choice.

Darth Primus:

Scott Pilgrim and the 80's Sound Machine.
    • Bass: Scott Pilgrim (from Scott Pilgrim vs the World, movie)
    • Guitar: Theodore "Ted" Logan (from the Bill & Ted movies)
    • Drums: Watts (from Some Kind of Wonderful, movie)
    • Lead Vocals: Robbie Hart (from The Wedding Singer, movie)
    • Lead electric violin: Arnold Poindexter (from Revenge of the Nerds, movie)

kazzar:

Mass Effect
    • Lead singer: Yuna (from Final Fantasy X-2, video game)
    • Lead guitar, backing vocals: Mikau (from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, video game)
    • Bass: Eddie Riggs (from Brütal Legend, video game)
    • Keyboard, backing vocals: Tifa Lockheart (from Final Fantasy VII, video game)
    • Drums: Luigi (from Luigi's Mansion, video game)

Kuhan:

Aldous Snow and the Rockin' Teens.
    • Lead guitar, backup vocals: Marty McFly (from Back to the Future, movie series)
    • Drums: Nick Andopolis (from Freaks and Geeks, tv show)
    • Lead singer: Aldous Snow (from Forgetting Sarah Marshalland Get Him to the Greek, movies)
    • Raps: Bartholomew "Bartman" Simpson (from The Simpsons, cartoon)
    • Bass guitar: Neil "Young Neil" Nordegraf (from Scott Pilgrim, comic books and movie)

Godmera:

Gene's Mean Machine
    • Lead vocals: Sir Krauser (from DMC, comic book and movie)
    • Lead guitar: Lars Ümlaut (from Guitar Hero, video game)
    • Drums: Spider Webb (from The Comic Strip Presents...., tv show)
    • Bass guitar: Floyd Pepper (from The Muppet Show, tv show)
    • Evil Gene Simmons (from KISS meets the Phantom of the Park, movie)

W. West:

pink with ENVY
    • Lead Singer, Keyboard: Envy Adams (from Scott Pilgrim vs the World, comic book and movie)
    • Bass, vocals: Monroe Yoder (from Doug, cartoon)
    • Drums: Melody Valentine (from Josie and the Pussycats, comic book and cartoon)
    • Guitar: Lucas "Crash" Wilson (from Scott Pilgrim vs the World, comic book and movie)
    • Background vocals: Pebbles Flintstone (from The Flintstones, cartoon)

Abin Surly:

Forbidden Breakfast.
    • Lead guitar: Nigel Tuffnel (from This is Spinal Tap, mockumentary)
    • Bass guitar: William Murderface (from Metalocalypse, cartoon)
    • Keyboards: Dr. Sidney Zwiebel (from Buckaroo Banzai, movie)
    • Drums: Robert "Fish" Fishman (from The Rocker, movie)
    • Keyboard, vocals: Local Lad (from Tommy, movie)

Michael Heide:

Awesome Sauce.
    • Guitar, vocals: JB with the Pick of Destiny (from Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny, movie)
    • Drums: Animal (from The Muppet Show, tv show)
    • Lead Vocals, keyboards: Barney Stinson (from How I Met Your Mother, tv show)
    • Bass: Murdoc Niccals (from Gorillaz, a real band with fictional band members)
    • Guitar, backing vocals, keyboard: Gregory House (from House MD, tv show)

Bruce Castle:

Timmy & The Christ Punchers
    • Bass, vocals: Derek Smalls (from This is Spinal Tap, mockumentary)
    • Drums, vocals: Satan (from Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny, movie)
    • Lead singer: Timmy (from South Park, animated series)
    • Guitar, vocals: Homer Simpson (from The Simpsons, cartoon)
    • Lead guitar: Val Hallen (from Dexter's Laboratory, cartoon)
    Michael Heide
    Heide Finition
    Last edited by Michael Heide; 10-18-2010, 12:32 AM.

I'm in. Why draft incognito? Cowards!

A few questions about this whole fiction/reality thing. Let's use Ray Charles as an example.

So, it'd be ok to draft Jamie Fox as Ray Charles, and that wouldn't be Ray Charles, but Jamie Fox as Ray Charles?

And then you could also draft Ray Charles from Blues Brothers? He's playing himself, but in character. Technically just credited as just Ray.

Both of those are acceptable? And, if they are, you could probably end up drafting an all real band. Quite a few band members have been in movies playing themselves.

Should that rule be changed?

Also:

Can one member fill two quotas? Like, a Jack White could fill your singer and lead quitar quotas, leaving an extra opening for a zany instrument?
    The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

I'm in

Originally posted by Avatar Aang
      When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Comment

I'll play along.
        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Unless Darth Primus is running it I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
            Unless Darth Primus is running it I'm out.
            I agree with you, Naysay. It wouldn't really be any fun otherwise

Comment

Wow! I'm flattered.
              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                Wow! I'm flattered.
                You should be. And what with our mutual interests, It will be fun seeing who picks what

Comment

I'm in.

EDIT: Now, the people we draft would have to play that instrument in their respective works of fiction, correct?
                  Kuhan
                  Last edited by Kuhan; 10-09-2010, 06:18 PM.
                  [center]

Originally posted by W.West
                  DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

Someone would have no problem drafting KISS.

Comment

I think I'll stay outta this one.
                      Not because Darth Primus isn't doing it, that would be a Plus, but because I'd rather just Draft my Favourite Band.

Comment

I'm in if you've got room.

Comment

btw, you COULD draft Eminem from his cameo in "Funny People"
                          [center]

Comment

If Darth Primus would like to take over this draft, I wouldn't mind. But I don't have a problem with organizing it myself. If Naysay doesn't wanna play with me, then I don't give a shit.

Originally posted by Bruce Castle View Post
                            A few questions about this whole fiction/reality thing. Let's use Ray Charles as an example.

So, it'd be ok to draft Jamie Fox as Ray Charles, and that wouldn't be Ray Charles, but Jamie Fox as Ray Charles?

That would be possible, yeah. It might be a bio-pic, but it's still a movie, not a documentary or a live concert.
                            In other words: You can pick Tommy Walker from Tommy, but not Roger Daltrey from "The Who: Live at the Isle of Wight". You can pick Gene Simmons from Detroit Rock City, but not from Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.

And then you could also draft Ray Charles from Blues Brothers? He's playing himself, but in character. Technically just credited as just Ray.
                            Since Blues Brothers is a work of fiction, yes, Ray Charles from Blues Brothers is eligible.

Both of those are acceptable? And, if they are, you could probably end up drafting an all real band. Quite a few band members have been in movies playing themselves.
                            Yes, that would be possible.

Should that rule be changed?
                            I don't see why it should be. We'd just rob ourselves of possibilities.

Also:

Can one member fill two quotas? Like, a Jack White could fill your singer and lead quitar quotas, leaving an extra opening for a zany instrument?
                            If you have a movie (or comic book, or tv show, etc) in which Jack White sings and plays lead guitar (not just on the soundtrack, by the way, he'd have to be a character in the story), then you can use him for both at once and leave a slot open for, I don't know, background dancer or whatever.

Originally posted by Kuhan View Post
                            EDIT: Now, the people we draft would have to play that instrument in their respective works of fiction, correct?
                            Yes. You can't draft Barry Allen, the Flash, as your drummer - unless you can present an actual story in which he plays the drums.

Comment

Can I choose Joaquin Phoenix from real life February 2009 to September 2010, because that was fictional.

Also, can we draft a band Manager? Maybe separate from the rest?
                              Kuhan
                              Last edited by Kuhan; 10-10-2010, 01:53 AM.
                              [center]

Comment

Working...
                              X