Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheres the Nightwing?

Comment

Kid, I love your designs for costumes. What I'd like to see is a run of current heroes turned GL, and your take on their costumes. Give me Green Arrow, Black Canary, Nightwing, Batman, Batgirl, Wonder Woman... but what YOU think their costumes would look like. I think the GL-Batman looked lame as hell. That Lantern with bat wings? Lame. Kid can do better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lishego View Post
        wheres the Nightwing?
        Originally posted by lokeinlyesmith View Post
        Kid, I love your designs for costumes. What I'd like to see is a run of current heroes turned GL, and your take on their costumes. Give me Green Arrow, Black Canary, Nightwing, Batman, Batgirl, Wonder Woman... but what YOU think their costumes would look like. I think the GL-Batman looked lame as hell. That Lantern with bat wings? Lame. Kid can do better than that.
        Consider them done guys. I appreciate the kind words as well. I think most of the times designs are weighed down too much with pointless details. Like Kyle's second Ion suit.... why did he have a belt if he wasn't wearing actual pants? I ALWAYS drew that suit with the original symbol and without the belt.

~KL~

Comment

Started sketching out ideas for Bats, Nightwing, and GA all wearing rings today. So far I think I like what I did with Batman best, but I'm sure a lot of you will dig what I do with the Arrow. I'm of the camp that "less is more" and my Bat Lantern is very classic styled with no pointless add-on's like his utility belt. Of course I HAD to keep his cape and cowl....

I also came up with a new Bat-signal for this Bat-Lantern. I'll try and hammer out at least one of these designs tonight before I hit the sack. Most likely the Bat.

BTW, these designs almost run perfect with an old idea I had about a "League of Lanterns" I never fleshed out.

~KL~

Comment

Nice man, looking forward to seeing all the new work.

Comment

The Bat-Lantern that never was....

I was thinking of adding some construct batarangs or find an image of bats somewhere and color them green for a backdrop. Lemme know what you guys think of the first in my "League of Lanterns!"

~KL~

Comment

wow....... just WOW!

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Pretty cool, got to say it looks good, are you going to do the bats?

Comment

Yeah I'm gonna do them eventually. Got side-tracked making this new Kyle...

~KL~

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
                      The Bat-Lantern that never was....

I was thinking of adding some construct batarangs or find an image of bats somewhere and color them green for a backdrop. Lemme know what you guys think of the first in my "League of Lanterns!"

~KL~

SWEET. ASS. Now -that's- what I'm talkin' 'bout, KL!! Hells yeah!

Comment

This place seems to have a few GL micro heroes
                        http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20co...ps/GLcorps.htm

And this place has most of DC comics if you look around...
                        http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20co...ps/GLcorps.htm

Comment

Eh those look like a child's work. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and update my micros pretty regularly whenever I find the need. I darkened the greens in the color scheme and worked on some height issues and here's the first 3 of the Earth Lanterns....

Guy's gonna be coming along soon depending on how much time I find to work on them today. Lemme know what you guys think or wanna see!?!

~KL~

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
                            Eh those look like a child's work.
                            Wow, that seems quite harsh. Perhaps I'm just not used to evaluating the nuances of this particular niche artform, but I don't really see any way in which your micros look substantially better than most of those.

EDIT: Just thought I'd clarify- that isn't meant to be a slam on yours. I think they look great. I just don't see in what way most of those others look worse, certainly not to the extent that you would say they look like they were done by a child.
                            Mister Ed
                            Horse of a Different Color
                            Last edited by Mister Ed; 07-10-2008, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I wasn't trying to be harsh but the most of those micros are done on the most basic of bases and the faces are all the exact same! I'm not saying I'm super micro making guy and no other can equal my level of greatness, but most of the Lantern's look interchangable. For example....

Whoever's micro of Kilowog:

Now mine....

Now do you see what I'm talking about? The head of the other guy's 'Wog isn't original [it can be found on most of the sites I've been to] and my base is more than just a thicker human sized individual. The head I also did from scratch.

In this art form making smaller details work with only a few pixels is key. Sure I'm guilty of some of my guys faces looking exactly the same, but these guys don't even make the micros mouths smaller. I'd show more examples but I don't wanna go on sounding like a teacher. Hope this helps me not sound so much like a pompous ass. I put as much effort into one of these little guys as I do a sketch and try to make them the best they can be.

~KL~
                              Ωmega Man
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by Ωmega Man; 07-10-2008, 09:49 PM.

Comment

I WILL say the micro GL's on that site that aren't humanoid's are done extremely well. I'm not sure if they *count* as being micros but their definetly note-worthy. I also like the animations on some of them. I just don't know how to animate anything on here or I'd have mine doing some cool shit too.

~KL~

Comment

Working...
                                X