How did the Sinestro series end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did the Sinestro series end?

With a bang? A whimper? Did anything interesting happen?

It ended with a whimper. I already forgot, but it wasn't a big deal.

Comment

It was definitely a whimper. In fact, I said those exact words in my review for it. Which you can check out here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sinestro and Soranik setup the Red Lanterns to bring a device to them, and they defeated them and used the device to save New Korugar from inevitable destruction. Sinestro alludes to his fusion with Parallax again, the payoff for which we got in Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.

http://thegreenlanterncorps.com/cate...estro-reviews/
      W.West
      Last edited by W.West; 08-15-2017, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Dumb question. Has ANY GL-based series that has ended in the past few years received a decent in-title conclusion?

Comment

It was better than 10 Super Bowls . . . but I hate football, so that's not saying much for me.

Comment

They all seem to end with a whimper, or on a down note. Volume 2 ended with the central power battery destroyed following Sinestro's execution, leaving only 4 working power rings (Hal, Guy, Ch'p and Salakk) and 1 active Guardian (Appa Ali Apsa). Hell, volume 1 ended with Alan getting pushed off his own cover by Streak the goddamn Wonder Dog, in what might be the very best example of DC giving zero f#cks about GL when it comes time to turn off the lights.

Nowadays, I think GL titles end with a whimper because they are already focusing on the title that is replacing the concluding one, and all the real effort is going into the future and not the present.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
              They all seem to end with a whimper, or on a down note. Volume 2 ended with the central power battery destroyed following Sinestro's execution, leaving only 4 working power rings (Hal, Guy, Ch'p and Salakk) and 1 active Guardian (Appa Ali Apsa)....
              I thought that was alright. It was a low point for the corps, but it was an interesting story. I really liked the Crisis stuff that ended the regular number (like 198-200) before GLC kicked in.

Comment

Looking back, GL #200 was the best place to have ended volume 2. Englehart's whole run to that point was dipped in gold.

Comment

Looking back, GL #200 was the best place to have ended volume 2. Englehart's whole run to that point was dipped in gold.
                  Those were really good times, creatively. Writers were allowed and encouraged to explore characters... not just events, or event-building.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                    Those were really good times, creatively. Writers were allowed and encouraged to explore characters... not just events, or event-building.
                    Yeah, GLC should have been a spin-off with it's own numbering. Now, they'd definitely do that to cash in on another #1, but back then they'd stop and re-start GL wherever they left it even if it meant changing the title (Green Lantern/Green Arrow; Green Lantern Corps).

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      Yeah, GLC should have been a spin-off with it's own numbering. Now, they'd definitely do that to cash in on another #1, but back then they'd stop and re-start GL wherever they left it even if it meant changing the title (Green Lantern/Green Arrow; Green Lantern Corps).

I miss that practice, continuing the old numbering. I was so bummed when Wally's series started with a #1 instead of #351.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                        Agreed. Back then a writer could come up with an endgame for their run, or how they wanted to leave it. Now books like Sinestro are tied to what's happening within a franchise, event of the summer, or forced to fit within the confines of ideal sizes for trade paperbacks.

We'll never again in DC or Marvel see creativity the likes of which we saw Alan Moore on Swamp Thing.

Comment

FYI: Parallax and a related ring slinger appeared in this week's Superman and will return in the next.

Comment

Working...
                          X