View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #59
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL
Default :Moderator:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post

In the books, weren't Megatron and Galvatron supposed to be rivals or something? I don't remember them being the same bot.
Galvatron was from an alternate time-line where Unicron turned Megatron into Galvatron (like the movie), unlike the movie, Galvatron and Unicron defeated the Autobots. Galvatron was given Earth to rule over, resulting in the devastation of North America.

Back in the main timeline, Unicron pulled Galvatron from the other timeline in order to be his warrior against the Autobots. Feeling like he was being used as a pawn, Galvatron rebelled against Unicron and helped the Autobots and Decepticons defeat Unicron. Megatron, who was merged with Ratchet and later separated, was found by Galvatron and the two had a little skirmish before Galvatron realized destroying Megatron might have ill effects on him.

As of the most recent Re-Generation 1 comics, Galvatron is on Earth along with Starscream and Shockwave, and Optimus Prime. Megatron is dead.

Edit: Athough...Galvatron is basically like the Hawkman of TF continuity, so what I said above is only part of the convoluted story, but as far as I know that is the Galvatron that "stuck".

Galvatron

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Last edited by Maverick_GL; 03-13-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote