new costume for alan scott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new costume for alan scott

i know alot of people love alans old costume or any of the other versions that he has had but i kind of want to see a modernized version of his costume as much as i like the old one i want to see it re envisioned for a more believable look....orange and purple for a green lantern never seemed true to the time or the character........i liked the cape and the collar though i just want to see him more mysterious since that suits his origins a powerful man and an enigma mystical.........so if anyone has seen or has drawn any updates of his costume lets see them ....

Well he has had a few costume changes over the years.

Classic

Sentinel

Sentinel (Star Burst Emblem)

Sentinel (No Emblem)

Kingdom Come Armor

Darth_Andrea
    Darth_Andrea
    Owned by Natu
    Last edited by Darth_Andrea; 08-09-2009, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Yea, it has been tried by DC a few times in the 90's but none of them ever stuck.

It always seemed strange to me that he had more purple than green on him most of the time.

Comment

does anyone have a reprint of All American #16, I just noticed on that cover it shows Alan with his ring on his Right Hand. He has always (that I have ever seen) been shown lefty.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

leave Alans costum alone!!
          My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

i always liked the second costume that you posted up there...but i just wanted to see what he would look like in a revamped costume with no orange on it like how the xmens costumes were revamped for the movie

Comment

Fucking sacrilege! Leave it alone, classic and awesome!

Comment

I always liked the second costume ... just not all the crazy changes that went with it.

With Golden Age guys like Alan, I kinda think you should leave well enough alone. They are who they are and have withstood the test of time since the 40's.

The conversation really ought to be about what Alan's successor might look like.

Comment

Alan's costume(s) are all great I would not want to see him as a corps or anything too far off his Classic costume.

Comment

How about instead of changing the costume into green and red tights, maybe it can be fixed up into real clothing.

Like change the weird puffy shirt into a normal long sleeved shirt. Make the belt a normal size, it seems to get bigger and bigger depending on the artist. And instead of ballerina shoes he gets some real boots designed after real boots.

Comment

Can they just change the colors of Alan's costume? Like White and Green instead of Red and Green; that is all I would want or his Trinity costume, or just keep him in his Kingdom Come armor for his costume.

That or Alan has some connection to the Red Lantern Entity with the Starheart and that is why his shirt is red because the Starheart and Red Lantern power are both magical/supernatural in nature so that would make sense if they had some connection.
                      No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

I always enjoyed the Sentinel costume I would love to see him go back to that one maybe

Comment

The only problem with the Sentinel costume is that he had to be young again to fill it out. And the young again thing really didn't work for him. He was still married to an old lady and they always wrote him as being filled with rage. Hell, I could imagine a connection with the red entity with the way they wrote him sometimes.

Turning his current costume into a more "realistic" one might be the best "redesign" (even if it's just a slight tweak IMHO).

Comment

Again, sacrilege!

Comment

ok maybe i should change this and start looking for a different version of the suit if another man was given his mystical lantern in the 30s and he had to make his own costume....let alan keep his orange and purple rag lol......really i do like that costume but ......... maybe some more black keep that cape like it is but a black one no bright colors for sure no orange any artists out there?...maybe i need to write a fan fic and a description of some ideas i have but i hate fan fics.......

Comment

Working...
                              X