Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New JSA coming

http://www.newsarama.com/23765-dc-bu...f-earth-2.html

Sooo... the last revisionist Earth-2 (because there's been at least a couple now, and not even that long ago) wasn't good enough, so now it's the all-new shiny Earth-2 now, all new direction and such.

What?

Did they not plan out Earth-2 from the inception of the New 52? What is this nonsense now? Proof positive that you can't trust DC with any one direction or press release or anything.

What are you talking about? This is a continuation of Earth 2 and Earth 2: World's End.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
      What are you talking about? This is a continuation of Earth 2 and Earth 2: World's End.
      Yes, but they're billing it as a vibrant new direction for Earth-2... when in conception, Earth-2 (not unlike the Earth-1 line) was supposed to be a vibrant new line for DC.

My basic point is they're implying that the basic creative direction for Earth-2 has somehow gone dry... I'm only wondering... how is this possible? The very conception of New 52 Earth-2 is it's alllll new and relatable and extensibly reimagined... but now, like a couple years later, it's time to do it all again?

What?

Comment

Nobody can write stories, so everybody reimagines everything from scratch.

Comment

And this is not the JSA. They can put the WORD Society in the title, but it has nothing to do with the JSA.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
            Yes, but they're billing it as a vibrant new direction for Earth-2... when in conception, Earth-2 (not unlike the Earth-1 line) was supposed to be a vibrant new line for DC.

My basic point is they're implying that the basic creative direction for Earth-2 has somehow gone dry... I'm only wondering... how is this possible? The very conception of New 52 Earth-2 is it's alllll new and relatable and extensibly reimagined... but now, like a couple years later, it's time to do it all again?

What?
            Oh come on, it's just marketing speak. They're wrapping a 26 issue mini about the world being destroyed by Apokolips and now they're launching a new series about the post-destruction rebuilding. Sounds like a pretty logical continuation to me.

Marvel does the same thing all the time when it comes to marketing, hell they even put the phrase in the titles, see All-New X-Men, All-New Captain America, All-New X-Factor, All-New Invaders, All-New Hawkeye, All-New Ghost Rider etc.

And just for the record I don't even like the books.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
            And this is not the JSA. They can put the WORD Society in the title, but it has nothing to do with the JSA.
            Shhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
              Vince McMahon had a show called ECW, but it wasn't ECW.

Comment

Well it's not the JSA. If DC wants to know, next time they should just ask me. I could have saved them the trouble. I would have told them to title it "Turd Sandwich"; a little truth in advertising.

Comment

Working...
                X