Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
    You mean it hasn't yet?
    It's on the razor's edge of it now. The stories have been great to this point, but they can only push this war of light thing so far before we all wake up in the trite land of power rangers...

Comment

The lantern corps have to get giant color coded robots first!

Comment

Forget White Lanterns, only the Rainbow Raider can hope to defeat the Black Lanterns, everyone knows that.

Comment

Heh, I think a white lantern should be someone who manages to get all 8 rings, but the power turns out to be too much for one mortal being to handle, and is destroyed by it.

Comment

John Stewart as a white lantern! .. yeah.. i know , it aint funny meh..

Comment

if ther would be a white lantern...... he/she should be originally an orange lantern to have enough GREED to want all rings. should LOVE power. etc etc....
              VILLIAN DRAFT PICKS

1.Omega Shenron (indy)
              2.Darth Sidious (indy)
              3.Thanos (marvel)
              4.Power Ring "John Stewart version" (DC)
              5.Jonathan Kramer aka Jigsaw (indy)

ROAD RUNNER'S OATH
              "Meep meep meep meep,
              meep meep meep meep.

Meep meep meep meep
              meep meep meep meep.

Meep meep meep meep
              meep meep meep meep

Meep meep meep meep..........
              MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP!!!"

Comment

white lantern = worst idea since time began

Comment

Tommy Oliver. Definately.

Jokes aside, the biggest problem is trying to imagine someone "mastering" all those different rings. While we haven't seen all of them, the requirements for mastering rage (killing out of hatred and being overcome with a mind-numbing hatred while spewing out blood) seems a little at odds with, say, compassion (which I can only assume involved a bit of empathy). I mean, maybe green and yellow might be used at the same time, but some combos don't really make sence. You don't just stop feeling a murderous rage when you need to control the indigo power at just the right time. And, even if you could walk away from rage thereby "mastering" the process of expelling all your blood and replacing it with the red power and become Gahndi ... how do you go right back to that? Because you're going to if you want to use that ring again.

Unless, of course, the Zamarons just start PMS-ing and have their emotions just fly all over the place. ZING!

I mean, think about it. What would "mastering emotions" look like? Being perfectly calm and controlled? Like ... the Guardians try to be? I mean, if anyone *could* use all seven rings (without being controlled by a mind-consuming rage or hormones) then that person would be one pretty unstable fellow. I'm not saying that the spectrum won't come together to fight the blacks, but ... all seven in one guy? Not seeing it.
                  Gauntlet101010
                  Alpha-Lantern
                  Last edited by Gauntlet101010; 11-29-2008, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Actually, I think if we see white Lanterns they will be the opposite of Black Lanterns. While BLs will be reanimating the dead, the WLs would actually restore them to life.

That said, terrible idea.

Comment

If we're just tossing ideas around....

White could be a good source of the emotional spectrum. Like, someone sees it's origins and it'a a white light splitting apart.

Or just as an effect when all seven corps blast at something at the same time.

Comment

For White Lanterns to work, there would have to be no other colored Lanterns. But I think we already resolved that there won't be any white lantern(s) or white light, becuase Green is the color of Life.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
                          But I think we already resolved that there won't be any white lantern(s) or white light, becuase Green is the color of Life.
                          It's not, though. It's the center of the emotional spectrum... not the sum of it.

Comment

do all the rings combined bring forth

CAPTAIN PLANET!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                              It's not, though. It's the center of the emotional spectrum... not the sum of it.
                              I agree, but, this kind of convinced me:

Comment

That page tells me that Green is the most important out of the whole spectrum. I really don't see anything indicative of a white light there.

Comment

Working...
                                X