Hal joins the Green Lanterns cast in September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
    I kind of wished they'd stuck to the plan and killed off John Stewart. Thin the herd. Too bad DC got chickenshit, it could have been powerful.
    Uh oh...

Comment

Yeah, I would go bullshit if DC tried to kill off John with permanent intent. To me, John Hal and Guy are untouchable.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
        Yeah, I would go bullshit if DC tried to kill off John with permanent intent. To me, John Hal and Guy are untouchable.
        To DC, Baz and Cruz are untouchable too.

At one time, Kyle was the only one who was untouchable. Thanks to Grant Morrison, he is again.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
          Most especially if they did it before killing Baz, Jessica, or even Kyle (not that I want Kyle gone, but he has less seniority).
          Space Cop
          The Dandy
          Last edited by Space Cop; 06-28-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

They've tried again and again to "graduate" the various Earth GLs to positions that would open up Sector 2814 to new GLs. John Steward in Mosaic. Hal as Parallax. Kyle as Ion. Guy as Warrior.

The problem is, every time DC reboots, for some reason Hal Jordan has to be there. With John Stewart right behind him, and Guy waiting in the wings. Even Kyle was de-powered from Ion twice, and from being a White Lantern recently. I would have been fine with Guy Gardner, Vuldarian Warrior, ex-GL. I was fine with Kyle as the White Lantern until DC tried to make him a deus ex machina for every mistake made in the DCU.

Now they're bringing Hal back to Earth. As said before, Baz and Jessica are the new Untouchables, the politically correct GLs of 1.) Muslim, and 2.) female. So we'll see the usual mistakes being made in JLA and GL with the three of them.

I'm starting to wonder if DC writers and editors have the same IQ test as policemen in the USA, as in "not too high, the readers won't understand". It is really about sales. Even Larfleeze lasted 12 issues! So many mistakes made in the DC office.

Comment

If you want to know why Baz and Cruz happened to Green Lantern, I've got two words for you:

Geoff Johns.

Those are his turds floating in the punchbowl.

I don't like to celebrate anyone's misfortune, but I'm very glad that someone at DC clipped his wings. It's just too bad it didn't happen before he created Baz and Cruz.

It wasn't entirely his fault that he got so full of himself. The delirious hosannas of his fanboys could have turned anyone's head. That stuff also tuned the heads of DC's higher-ups, at least for a while. But reality tends to assert itself sooner or later, and the reality was that he should not have been calling all the creative shots in the comics, let alone in all of DC Entertainment. Not even in Green Lantern, for that matter.

And as far as making Guy and John something else besides Green Lanterns -- not just no, but HELL no!
              Trey Strain
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Trey Strain; 06-28-2018, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Double post.
                Trey Strain
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by Trey Strain; 06-28-2018, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Getting back on topic, was rereading the solicits for GLs #54 & 55 and I realized Jurgens is going straight for the go-to antagonist of Hank Henshaw. THAT didn't take too long lol.

Comment

Hank Henshaw, the Ravagers and Eon battle the Green Lantern Corps on Mogo for the fate of the universe!
                    Read that and rolled my eyes. I can wait. I can wait.

Comment

To be fair, Jurgens created Henshaw. If anyone is allowed to tell more stories with him, it's Dan.

Comment

To me, Hank Henshaw has always sounded like the name of a country and western singer.

Comment

I think Henshaw makes for a better GL villain than a Superman one. He just needs a new codename other than Cyborg Superman or just Cyborg. Rather than take over everyone else's robot armies [looking at the Manhunters and Alpha Lanterns] I'd love to see him make his own army.

It's also always bugged me since he can absorb and reconfigure technology... why hasn't he tried to absorb the Eradicator in whole or in part to become more powerful?

Ωmega Man
                          Guardian of the Universe
                          Last edited by Ωmega Man; 07-14-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Nrama: Then to finish up, Dan, we know that Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps is ending soon, and there are other things rumored to be happening with the Green Lantern franchise. Are you on Green Lanterns for awhile? Are you aware of what's next? And can you give any hint as to what readers can expect?

Jurgens: I think the safest thing to say is that I am writing this story, and that's what I want the emphasis to be about right now, on this first Green Lanterns story I'm doing.

For anything that comes after that, I'll just have to say stay tuned.
                            From a new interview with Jurgens on Newsarama. Pretty telling about the longevity of the Green Lanterns ongoing title.

Comment

I am writing this story seems like it's only a handful of issues.
                              This first Green Lanterns story I'm doing seems like he's in for the long haul.

I guess they're going to relaunch with a new #1 with Jurgens on board.

Comment

Sounds to me like there's still a lot of wheels turning and nothing is for sure. He's writing one story for certain... maybe the final arc or issue of the series will be announced later. Unless the numbers actually manage to increase with Jurgens' pen, I doubt they'd relaunch the series with him still writing. Then again nobody thought Robert V. would continue writing Hal after the New52 ended and he stayed with Hal and the GLC another fifty issues....

I suppose WB could be fine with DC producing average comics with less than stellar sales.

Ωmega Man
                                Guardian of the Universe
                                Last edited by Ωmega Man; 07-14-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X